704 replies to this topic

#1 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,651 posts

Posted 28 January 2024 - 07:06 PM

Time to start the 2024 Ravens General Talk thread.

#2 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,479 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 January 2024 - 08:34 PM

Too soon.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#3 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 28 January 2024 - 08:38 PM

I guess the best you can say right now is we'll be undefeated in February.

#4 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 28 January 2024 - 08:42 PM

I'm truly excited to see how they rip our hearts out next year.

#5 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 28 January 2024 - 08:50 PM

I guess the best you can say right now is we'll be undefeated in February.

Feb-July in fact. Quite a run.
  • mdrunning likes this

#6 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,585 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 28 January 2024 - 09:31 PM

I'm truly excited to see how they rip our hearts out next year.

Happens to 31 teams every year. Sports.

#7 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 28 January 2024 - 09:35 PM

Happens to 31 teams every year. Sports.

Yup. If youre gonna lose your s**t every single time your team isnt the 1 team left standing man I feel for you. Cuz even in the best of years you are what maybe 20% to win it all. If you are really a passionate fan and you are fortunate enough to see your team be the 1 who wins it all cherish it.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#8 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 28 January 2024 - 11:22 PM

I think the worst thing for Raven's fans is that this year seemed so set up for them.  Buffalo, CIncy down.  KC not what they were.  But somehow KC finally found a defense.  The Ravens picked up some quality last minute additions in Clowney and Van Noy.  Next year won't be the same.  Twenty two free agents, some who will cash in for other teams.  Best record in football, #1 seed in the AFC.  You can't waste those opportunities.  The Ravens were also somewhat injury free.  Yeah, they had a few...Dobbins for one, but for the most part they were healthy going into the championship game.  KC was much more beat up.  This was a huge opportunity lost. 

#9 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 28 January 2024 - 11:28 PM

The Chiefs found a defense because they didn't have to worry about the running game. It's so much easier to defend that way no matter the opponent.

The Ravens took a huge aspect of their offense completely out of the equation. On their own. By their own free choice. Again. While he stood there and watched.

#10 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 28 January 2024 - 11:38 PM

Lol. Even if you think Monkens game plan and playcalling is horrible to think a coach is going to what exactly. Demand to run the ball more. Is that what we are blaming John for. Like at what point you know does Monken you know go back to being able to call passes. Does John tell him what to do every series. Are we micromanaging this much. Cuz that ever happens in the NFL. Its so stupid. Live in real time in the thread ken was bitching about running early in the 2nd half. Monken heard him. Goodie. 1st down a 1 yard Gus run. 2nd down a 3 yard Zay run. 2 yards and a cloud baby. Just what all you geniuses think is the answer.3rd down incomplete. Punt. But hey one more 3rd down run for 2 yards and we get to punt on 4th and 4 instead of 4th and 6

#11 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 28 January 2024 - 11:42 PM

Lol. Even if you think Monkens game plan and playcalling is horrible to think a coach is going to what exactly. Demand to run the ball more. Is that what we are blaming John for. Like at what point you know does Monken you know go back to beimg able to call passes. Its so stupid. Live in real time in the thread ken was bitching about running early in the 2nd half. Oh 1st down a 1 yard Gus run. 2nd down a 3 yard Zay run. 2 yards and a cloud baby. Just what all you geniuses think is the answer.3rd down incomplete. Punt. But hey one more 3rd down run for 2 yards and we get to punt on 4th and 4 instead of 4th and 6

Running games are cumulative. You wear down a defense over time. You know this. You dont abandon the run before you even attempt it. You supplement runs with the short passing game and keep moving chains. You don't get anywhere with SIX CARRIES.

Whatever. It doesn't matter. When your QB can't win big games it doesn't matter what you do. And we're stuck with him as he gets more expensive.

The next 5 years are going to be among the most frustrating in franchise history.

#12 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 28 January 2024 - 11:47 PM

Running games are cumulative. You wear down a defense over time. You know this. You dont abandon the run before you even attempt it. You supplement runs with the short passing game and keep moving chains. You don't get anywhere with SIX CARRIES.

Whatever. It doesn't matter. When your QB can't win big games it doesn't matter what you do. And we're stuck with him as he gets more expensive.

The next 5 years are going to be among the most frustrating in franchise history.

Guess what. KC was wore down in the 2nd half. Go back and watch. It doesnt have to be 1 way to wear a D down. They were on the field a lot in the 2nd half. They were hurting late. Zay and Lamar let them off the hook

#13 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 28 January 2024 - 11:50 PM

It was 16 carries not 6. Dont fall into the fake news these guys are selling. Zay carries count as carries and he avg more than Hill. Lamar is out best runner and he got 8. Lets get facts straight and not fall into the narrative traps some of these posters want to sell

#14 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 28 January 2024 - 11:50 PM

It just feels like the years of his contract are almost over before they start.

You can't trust his regular season. You can trust for damn sure that in the playoffs he turns to ash. What are we even doing here? What good is an MVP who can't win you a championship?

It won't happen, but if the Bears would trade their 1st overall, by itself, for Lamar, I'd seriously consider taking it.

#15 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 28 January 2024 - 11:51 PM

It was 16 carries not 6. Dont fall into the fake news these guys are selling. Zay carries count as carries and he avg more than Hill. Lamar is out best runner and he got 8. Lets get facts straight and not fall into the narrative traps the coaches are always the issue posters want to sell

The running backs got 6 carries. That isn't acceptable.

This loss is on Lamar, but that isn't acceptable.

#16 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 28 January 2024 - 11:54 PM

6 rush attempts by running backs.

One dimensional.

Six carries by the RBs.

Six.

One.

Dim.

En.

Sion.

Al.

#17 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 28 January 2024 - 11:55 PM

It just feels like the years of his contract are almost over before they start.

You can't trust his regular season. You can trust for damn sure that in the playoffs he turns to ash. What are we even doing here? What good is an MVP who can't win you a championship?

It won't happen, but if the Bears would trade their 1st overall, by itself, for Lamar, I'd take it.

Jesus back to this again. You def have no shot at winning a championship if you dont make the playoffs. Lamar when healthy has consistently got you in the dance. To dismiss the first and most important part of winning a ship is just so stupid and illogical. Now, Lamar has playoff issues but give me a guy with playoff issues over the dozens and dozens of QBs teams go through constantly trying to find playoff caliber QBs.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#18 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 28 January 2024 - 11:55 PM

Every snap the LBs and DBs have nothing to worry about besides turning and running with receiving targets.

Ravens choice to take their own RBs out of the gameplan altogether.

And nobody can pretend 6 carries are enough to justify that.

Only Harbs and whoever his OC of the time is.

#19 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 28 January 2024 - 11:56 PM

Jesus back to this again. You def have no shot at winnimg a championship if you dont make the playoffs. Lamar when healthy has consistently got you in the dance. To dismiss the first and most important part of winning a ship is just so stupid and illogical. Now, Lamar has playoff issues but give me a guy with playoff issues over the dozens and dozens of QBs teams go tbrough constantly trying to find playoff caliber QBs.

He can't be trusted.

I'd rather spend 5 years trying to find the right guy than continuing to piss away fantastic seasons with a guy who has shown you time and again he isn't it.

The next five years offer zero joy or excitement for the regular season. None. Because it doesn't matter. It will never matter. It doesn't matter what their record is or how many hollow MVPs he wins.

Until he shows he can win big games, the season is over before it starts.

#20 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 29 January 2024 - 12:00 AM

Lamar had an absolutely atrocious pick. Otherwise, was he bad? I feel like no, but an all 22 view would of course be very helpful for the analysis.

Anyway, sorry guys. I was legit rooting for the Ravens as I said and that sucked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=