1227 replies to this topic

#81 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,488 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 05:30 PM

It's not even that the strategy of forcing him to pass is incorrect; as I've talked about it's the right thing to do with him. But I swear whenever I see people from other teams talk about that, it's clear that hasn't really watched other teams (like the Ravens) play, because they talk about him like he's a bottom-10 thrower, and it's really cringe.

Yeah people dont pay close enough attention. Because he does have moments where he holds the ball and doesnt play on time and that is confirmation bias for them. He also has shown with some consistency he can play on time from the pocket and carve teams up.

#82 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 05:49 PM

With any great QB, it's just a matter of keeping them on the sidelines. Manning, Brady, Mahomes, none of them can score from the bench. 

These are the games you grind out 8-minute drives, end with a score, keep your defense rested, and hope to minimize the damage a guy like Mahomes can do. The more drives you give them, the more they are going to score. Lower that sample size to 7 or 8 drives from 10-12, you might get 4 or 5 stops and that could be the difference. 

In the past Reid has killed this team on screens. Have to watch out for that. This Ravens team is also maybe the best I've seen at four guys creating pressure so you don't have to bring the house on a blitz, should negate some of the big gains from screens. 

I would be 99% sure that the Chiefs will try to pull off some non-sense like the Kelce throwback to Toney TD that was negated by the offsides. Definitely see some trickery going down in this one. Be ready for anything. 

Fully expect Mahomes to get his. Their improved defense to challenge Lamar. Just limit Mahomes time on the field and take what the D gives you. 

Would help if they are flawless in the other areas. Don't commit stupid penalties. Don't give them a reason to flag you for a late hit. Protect the GD football. Know the situation when you can and cannot take a sack. Know the line between aggression and stupidity. 

So, yeah... Let's kill those MFers!!

• NewMarketSean and makoman like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#83 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,637 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 23 January 2024 - 06:02 PM

So many of then think this is the same Ravens team from years past. Saw one take that said our defense plays right into their offenses strengths, daring Macdonald to be Uber aggressive and blitz a lot... Macdonald is anything but aggressive, and was in the back third of the league in blitz percentage.

Like I said, I wish the KC coaches thought like that group of fans. We'd win in a rout. Unfortunately KC has top notch coaches that will be properly prepared.
  • BSLChrisStoner, 1970, Biggsy and 1 other like this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#84 1970

All-Star

• Members
  • Pip
  • 748 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 07:39 PM

So many of then think this is the same Ravens team from years past. Saw one take that said our defense plays right into their offenses strengths, daring Macdonald to be Uber aggressive and blitz a lot... Macdonald is anything but aggressive, and was in the back third of the league in blitz percentage.

Like I said, I wish the KC coaches thought like that group of fans. We'd win in a rout. Unfortunately KC has top notch coaches that will be properly prepared.

You and Biggsy, always on the same page, even though you obviously don’t feel as strongly as he does.

#85 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,297 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 09:00 PM

You must feel pretty strongly about what you said. It was repeated 11 times. (LOL)

Not sure what happened there, but I'm glad I got my point across. lol
  • Ravens2006 likes this

#86 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 24 January 2024 - 07:52 AM

Mahomes is Mahomes and he's always dangerous. But our defense is great. Mahomes didn't exactly light it up this year. He threw 14 INT. He lacks real weapons on offense. Imagine if we had to worry about Hill in this game. Thankfully we have to worry about guys like Rice and Hardman. But Mahomes will eat. Mahomes shows up and 17 points are a guarantee for him leading the offense.

I think I may be more worried about the KC defense. 2nd in points allowed, 2nd in yards allowed. Lamar needs to be perfect or close to it. We need the run game to go. Especially late in the game. Nothing would make me happier to see us wear down their defense with the run. Hands on hips as we take 10 mins left to 3 mins left and put the game away. 

I'm feeling confident. I think we could pull away in second half like we did against Houston. Hoping for a late turnover that seals it. I want the 4th quarter to be a party. Put me down for Ravens 27, Chiefs 17.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#87 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,331 posts

Posted 24 January 2024 - 08:06 AM

Mahomes is Mahomes and he's always dangerous. But our defense is great. Mahomes didn't exactly light it up this year. He threw 14 INT. He lacks real weapons on offense. Imagine if we had to worry about Hill in this game. Thankfully we have to worry about guys like Rice and Hardman. But Mahomes will eat. Mahomes shows up and 17 points are a guarantee for him leading the offense.

I think I may be more worried about the KC defense. 2nd in points allowed, 2nd in yards allowed. Lamar needs to be perfect or close to it. We need the run game to go. Especially late in the game. Nothing would make me happier to see us wear down their defense with the run. Hands on hips as we take 10 mins left to 3 mins left and put the game away. 

I'm feeling confident. I think we could pull away in second half like we did against Houston. Hoping for a late turnover that seals it. I want the 4th quarter to be a party. Put me down for Ravens 27, Chiefs 17.

I don't think the Ravens should be one dimensional. They have the weapons to pass on KC but I do believe they absolutely HAVE to enforce their will on the ground and take advantage of a pretty weak run defense. They proved that they could pound the ball against a pretty decent run defense in Houston so there is no excuse not to do it Sunday. KC will expect it but that shouldn't matter. They've proven all year they can't stop the run.

#88 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 24 January 2024 - 10:43 AM

TBF, I think you're not allowed to post on that board if you have a high school diploma. Good lord what a disaster. Half the posts are spam bots. I would like to lobby for more half nude profile pics at BSL though.

@BSLMikeRandall

#89 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,386 posts

Posted 24 January 2024 - 11:05 AM

PressBox: Ravens HC John Harbaugh Noncommittal About Availability Of Mark Andrews, Marlon Humphrey

#90 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,762 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 24 January 2024 - 01:51 PM

PressBox: Ravens HC John Harbaugh Noncommittal About Availability Of Mark Andrews, Marlon Humphrey

Rapoport is reporting that Andrews is being activated and will play on Sunday!

#91 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 24 January 2024 - 02:16 PM

Humphrey back at practice today. Pacheco is out today with a toe injury but says he’ll play Sunday. Thuney also still out.

#92 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,048 posts

Posted 24 January 2024 - 02:19 PM

It's a pretty nice discount over the market value, right?

I would think, yeah. Want to say the price in 2008 was like 650 per ticket for two tickets? Resale was much higher. Of course that was before leagues and ticket sites had formed such a tight alliance to drive up both ticket prices and fees.

Regardless, unless the NFL is doing demand based pricing in real time on original sales... I'd assume purchase price will be well below resale market. They'll still make their cuts off resale fees and kickbacks, etc. The result of various bands protesting ticket seller fees and sales structure is basically increased collusion between venues, promoters (or leagues), and ticket sales conglomerates to jack up all costs and skim higher profit percentages...

I had this daydream today that my account gets picked, the Lions win the NFC, and I turn them in to a boat thanks to some Lions fan's desperation... ;) The Ravens will destroy Goff again no matter how many fans the Lions have in that stadium. :)

#93 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,488 posts

Posted 24 January 2024 - 04:48 PM

Our offense vs their defense is the biggest matchup of the game. I could see either side "winning"

#94 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 24 January 2024 - 04:59 PM

I think I'm the only guy more worried about the Lions than the Chiefs. Those guys seem to be on a mission from God  :mrgreen:

#95 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 24 January 2024 - 06:45 PM

Ravens 30 KC 24

After a couple of days of analysis I'm changing my score prediction to Ravens 34-20. I didn't know KC was 0-4 against top 10 rushing offenses this year in the regular season. Even though they beat the Bills the second time they got run over again as the Bills completely dominated time of possession. They got bailed out by a banged up defense that couldn't stop the big play. The Ravens defense is a different animal.

Mahomes is gonna have to have the game of his life to overcome the differences between these teams and I'm not exagerrating. That's the only way I see KC even staying close in this game.

p.s. I really wanted to say 34-17 because the Ravens are gonna dominate time of possession but I'll give them 3 pts because it is Mahomes.

#96 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,297 posts

Posted 24 January 2024 - 06:49 PM

It's not even that the strategy of forcing him to pass is incorrect; as I've talked about it's the right thing to do with him.  But I swear whenever I see people from other teams talk about that, it's clear that hasn't really watched other teams (like the Ravens) play, because they talk about him like he's a bottom-10 thrower, and it's really cringe.

I attached some numbers side by side of the passing stats by depth. 0-10 yards. 10-20 yards, and 20+, also broken down from outside the numbers to the left, between the numbers, and outside the numbers to the right. Hopefully everyone can see them.

If you can, one is Patrick Mahomes 2023 stats. The other is Lamar's. If you have PFF, this is where I got the numbers from. It's actually somewhat shocking to see Lamar had better success passing beyond 20 yards, as well as outside the numbers, then Mahomes did this season.

Anyone thinking he can't throw downfield, or outside the numbers anymore, simply hasn't paid attention this season.

Attached Files

#97 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,331 posts

Posted 24 January 2024 - 07:53 PM

After a couple of days of analysis I'm changing my score prediction to Ravens 34-20. I didn't know KC was 0-4 against top 10 rushing offenses this year in the regular season. Even though they beat the Bills the second time they got run over again as the Bills completely dominated time of possession. They got bailed out by a banged up defense that couldn't stop the big play. The Ravens defense is a different animal.

Mahomes is gonna have to have the game of his life to overcome the differences between these teams and I'm not exagerrating. That's the only way I see KC even staying close in this game.

p.s. I really wanted to say 34-17 because the Ravens are gonna dominate time of possession but I'll give them 3 pts because it is Mahomes.

Man, I sure hope you're a visionary because everything you just said is music to my ears. 

• 85Knight likes this

#98 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,331 posts

Posted 24 January 2024 - 07:56 PM

I think I'm the only guy more worried about the Lions than the Chiefs. Those guys seem to be on a mission from God  :mrgreen:

I don't see the Lions beating SF but I'll tell you one thing- if its a Chiefs/49ers Super Bowl, I hope SF pounds the ever lasting shit out of them.  I never could stand Peyton Manning and now I have to put up with Mahomes for his whole career.  It never ends. 

#99 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 24 January 2024 - 08:59 PM

I don't see the Lions beating SF but I'll tell you one thing- if its a Chiefs/49ers Super Bowl, I hope SF pounds the ever lasting shit out of them.  I never could stand Peyton Manning and now I have to put up with Mahomes for his whole career.  It never ends. 

If i was a betting man(I'm not I work too hard for my money). the Niners are going down. Just my opinion. 

#100 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,388 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 24 January 2024 - 10:11 PM

I don't see the Lions beating SF but I'll tell you one thing- if its a Chiefs/49ers Super Bowl, I hope SF pounds the ever lasting shit out of them. I never could stand Peyton Manning and now I have to put up with Mahomes for his whole career. It never ends.

Why do you equate Mahomes to Manning out of curiosity?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=