1227 replies to this topic

#61 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,440 posts

Posted 22 January 2024 - 08:11 PM

The SB will feel a bit anticlimactic after this week.

• russsnyder likes this

#62 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,367 posts

Posted 22 January 2024 - 08:14 PM

The SB will feel a bit anticlimactic after this week.

I'm looking forward to facing SF again.
Think that will be great.

#63 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 22 January 2024 - 08:32 PM

I love the AFC title game.

The Super Bowl is too much hoopla. Parties. The commercials. People pretending they like to gamble. Usually indoors or in good weather. Uniforms stay clean. It’s too much.

Gimme the AFC title game any day of the week.

That’s my hot take for today.

The crowds being a bunch of stuck up rich people doesn't really help.

I thought about maybe trying to snag a ticket to the SB if the Ravens make it there, but unless prices go down it's a little too rich for me.  The nosebleeds are 6K a pop right now.

#64 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 22 January 2024 - 09:09 PM

If Baltimore loses to this version of KC, it will be because we didn’t play well. It’s really that simple. I’m not going to get all worked up all week and dissect every angle. I firmly believe we’re substantially better than they are this year. It’s the playoffs, so anything can happen, but just control what you can control. Play well, advance. What KC has accomplished in the past is mostly irrelevant to me wrt Sunday.

Yep. Mahomes is always going to be a threat. But this year, between the roster talent itself and the job the coordinators have been doing... I am as confident as I've ever been in 28 years of Ravens football... if the Ravens don't turn the ball over on offense (and Lamar doesn't get hurt)... they win regardless of the opponent.

#65 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 22 January 2024 - 09:12 PM

The crowds being a bunch of stuck up rich people doesn't really help.

I thought about maybe trying to snag a ticket to the SB if the Ravens make it there, but unless prices go down it's a little too rich for me. The nosebleeds are 6K a pop right now.

Haven't looked yet. I got the "Congrats, you won the PSL holder lottery and can buy Superbowl tickets" the week before the 2008 AFC title game. That year I absolutely would have bought, kept them, and gone myself. This year if I'm lucky enough to get it again, MIGHT have to seriously consider selling and getting a boat. :)

#66 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 22 January 2024 - 09:36 PM

Haven't looked yet. I got the "Congrats, you won the PSL holder lottery and can buy Superbowl tickets" the week before the 2008 AFC title game. That year I absolutely would have bought, kept them, and gone myself. This year if I'm lucky enough to get it again, MIGHT have to seriously consider selling and getting a boat. :)

It's a pretty nice discount over the market value, right?

#67 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,262 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 04:33 AM

I agree with Pedro.

I prefer Championship Sunday over the Super Bowl.

There's just too much hype and distractions associated with the Super Bowl.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#68 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 06:18 AM

This is a hard ask I think for Lamar's skillset, because he's not the best at throwing floaters with touch, but I would love for the Ravens to incorporate a slant-and-go, or out-and-go as a hot route, and have Lamar float behind the defenders against a zero blitz. Guys like Bateman and Flowers win enough that I think they can pull it off, and it would completely neuter any heavy blitzing strategy. Right now Monken's go-to against a blitz is a ball in the flat, or some quick slant, or a quick out or short dig route. A lot of those play to Lamar's strengths, and they work, so maybe there's not much reason to change, but hoo boy if he can get it behind the defense on blitzes we'd put up 50 points every game.

TD to OBJ in the Rams game was a slant and go. He ran a hell of a route on it as well.

#69 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,762 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 23 January 2024 - 08:24 AM

Let's crush them so bad that Swift writes a song about hating Baltimore!

• russsnyder likes this

#70 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,762 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 23 January 2024 - 09:38 AM

https://www.chiefspl...ad.php?t=351915

If you need some KC fans takes here you go....

Haven't read through it all, but my favorite take is the fans that are saying Allen > Lamar.   

#71 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,440 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 10:26 AM

Allen was really good in that game. He was reall good in the 13 sec game. His playoff numbers are really good for his career. Both Lamar and Allen are great QBs so Ill leave my take at this. If Lamar plays as well as Allen did last week we better win with our D. If we dont our D crapped all over itself

#72 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 11:18 AM

Haven't read through it all, but my favorite take is the fans that are saying Allen > Lamar.

Comparing Lamar and this passing attack to any of the previous years is a mistake. What they should be worried about is if they give up over 180 yds rushing and almost 5 yds a carry like the Bills had last week they might lose by 20 pts.

The Ravens defense is light years ahead of that banged up Bills defense they faced. I think the Ravens will focus on shutting Pacheco down and forcing Mahomes and Kelce to try to beat us. If that happens I like our chances.

#73 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,318 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 12:04 PM

Comparing Lamar and this passing attack to any of the previous years is a mistake. What they should be worried about is if they give up over 180 yds rushing and almost 5 yds a carry the like the Bills had last week they might lose by 20 pts.

The Ravens defense is light years ahead of that banged up Bills defense they faced. I think the Ravens will focus on shutting Pacheco down and forcing Mahomes and Kelce to try to beat us. If that happens I like our chances.

The Chiefs run defense has been poor all year to the tune of over 5 yards a carry.  I will be very disappointed if the Ravens don't pound them Sunday on the ground.  We can go back and forth and analyze every minute detail on how to limit Mahomes from doing damage but if he's not on the field, he's not hurting you.  I don't know what their record is when they lose time of possession but I have a feeling it's a losing one.  KC might initially stack the box anticipating the run heavy attack but that's when Lamar has his chances downfield with passes.  The two always go hand in hand but if the Ravens can light them up through the air early, then they'll bring on the bulldozer to eat up the clock.  I wish I could read Monken's mind but I bet it's somewhere along those lines.  

#74 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,682 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 12:36 PM

That reads like a bunch of incels discussing the Chiefs.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#75 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 12:42 PM

So many of then think this is the same Ravens team from years past. Saw one take that said our defense plays right into their offenses strengths, daring Macdonald to be Uber aggressive and blitz a lot... Macdonald is anything but aggressive, and was in the back third of the league in blitz percentage.

Like I said, I wish the KC coaches thought like that group of fans. We'd win in a rout. Unfortunately KC has top notch coaches that will be properly prepared.

#76 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,318 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 01:12 PM

So many of then think this is the same Ravens team from years past. Saw one take that said our defense plays right into their offenses strengths, daring Macdonald to be Uber aggressive and blitz a lot... Macdonald is anything but aggressive, and was in the back third of the league in blitz percentage.

Like I said, I wish the KC coaches thought like that group of fans. We'd win in a rout. Unfortunately KC has top notch coaches that will be properly prepared.

You must feel pretty strongly about what you said.  It was repeated 11 times. (LOL)

• DuffMan, Biggsy and 85Knight like this

#77 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 03:18 PM

God those Chiefs takes are bad.

#78 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 03:48 PM

Alright Biggsy we get it!!!
  • Biggsy and 85Knight like this
@DaKittenz

#79 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,440 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 04:04 PM

Biggsy tell me your thoughts on Chiefs fans.
  • Biggsy and mdrunning like this

#80 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 05:00 PM

It's not even that the strategy of forcing him to pass is incorrect; as I've talked about it's the right thing to do with him.  But I swear whenever I see people from other teams talk about that, it's clear that hasn't really watched other teams (like the Ravens) play, because they talk about him like he's a bottom-10 thrower, and it's really cringe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=