• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,279 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 07:07 PM

Youll never see a team collapse and quit on Harbaugh the way the Eagles did on Sirianni the last 5 or 6 weeks. Never. And its capable of happening to most coaches. Its why guys like Tomlin and Harbaugh are special. Winning is hard in this league. Only one team ultimately doesnt end up disappointed.

I think that's true... I also think the Sirianni, and McCarthy rumors show how quick things can change.

Sirianni was in the Super Bowl last year. He loses two coordinators. He starts 10-1 this year. His team falls apart, and a sizable amount of Philly fans seem to want a change.

McCarthy wins 12 games 3 years in a row, team is top 5 both sides of the ball this year.. they lose embarrassingly at home after 16 straight Jerry World wins, and most of the National Analysts I'm seeing are saying pull the plug.

The Ravens and Steelers organizational philosophies are points of pride for both teams, and I think that lack of turnover has helped both teams with their identities and consistency overall.

But coming off of the 19 and 20 playoff losses...followed by the injuries dashing the hopes of the 21 and 22 teams...I don't feel like Harbaugh was feeling a lot of love from the Ravens fanbase entering 23.

Lots of biting comments about his in game management the last few years, that seemed to be reaching a high this year after the 3 late game collapses... but then the Ravens go and put together another elite year (like 19, but even better).

Maybe that elite season gets everyone (Ownership, FO, Media, Fans) to buy in even if the Ravens are upset Saturday.... but if an upset occurs Sat at home when everyone is expecting a SB appearance...I'm not going to be surprised if a lot of fans and some media call for a change.

Hopefully that upset doesn't occur and the Ravens ultimately win their 3rd SB title...Harbaugh gets his 2nd, and locks in a future trip to Canton, and Harbaugh ultimately gets to stay onboard as long as he wants.

#42 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,284 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 07:58 PM

I think that's true... I also think the Sirianni, and McCarthy rumors show how quick things can change.

Sirianni was in the Super Bowl last year. He loses two coordinators. He starts 10-1 this year. His team falls apart, and a sizable amount of Philly fans seem to want a change.

McCarthy wins 12 games 3 years in a row, team is top 5 both sides of the ball this year.. they lose embarrassingly at home after 16 straight Jerry World wins, and most of the National Analysts I'm seeing are saying pull the plug.

The Ravens and Steelers organizational philosophies are points of pride for both teams, and I think that lack of turnover has helped both teams with their identities and consistency overall.

But coming off of the 19 and 20 playoff losses...followed by the injuries dashing the hopes of the 21 and 22 teams...I don't feel like Harbaugh was feeling a lot of love from the Ravens fanbase entering 23.

Lots of biting comments about his in game management the last few years, that seemed to be reaching a high this year after the 3 late game collapses... but then the Ravens go and put together another elite year (like 19, but even better).

Maybe that elite season gets everyone (Ownership, FO, Media, Fans) to buy in even if the Ravens are upset Saturday.... but if an upset occurs Sat at home when everyone is expecting a SB appearance...I'm not going to be surprised if a lot of fans and some media call for a change.

Hopefully that upset doesn't occur and the Ravens ultimately win their 3rd SB title...Harbaugh gets his 2nd, and locks in a future trip to Canton, and Harbaugh ultimately gets to stay onboard as long as he wants.

One thing I've been trying to convince myself of during the year is to simply appreciate a winning team, some exciting players and making the playoffs.  Any success after that is the cherry on top but maybe just enjoying the NFL season is what I should be content with.  I look at all these lousy franchises year after year and wonder what it must be like to always expect a losing season or at best, mediocrity.  That in itself, makes up a large extent of the league.  Unfortunately, I'm greedy like any other fan and want to see them holding up the Lombardi Trophy in February.  

#43 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,304 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 08:01 PM

A good portion of fans will call for his head if we dont win the SB. Wont matter what round we lose. On the flip side, I dont see any real media people calling for a change if we were to lose this weekend. Some wanna be youtubers maybe but thats about it

#44 mikezpen

mikezpen
  • Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 08:22 PM

If they make it to the Super Bowl I don't think people w/call for his head even if we lose.

#45 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,777 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 08:35 PM

He'll be safe if we win this Saturday. A trip to the conference championship is nothing to be ashamed about.
  • Mackus likes this

#46 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 09:15 PM

I'll go on record again, but they could win the Lombardi and I'd still be thrilled to move on from him.

#47 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 08:44 AM

I don't think the Cowboys are winning until Jerry Jones is gone.  At this point, there's clearly some type of psychological factor.  The media constantly sticks a microphone in his face and he can't resist a headline no matter what detrimental effect it might have on the players and coaches.

You'll never see owners like Bisciotti or Rooney throwing shade at their coaches before a playoff game.

#48 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 09:05 AM

In general, I think the NFC East is consistently highly overrated / overhyped. Anytime Dallas is decent or better, they and the media act like they're the greatest show on turf. But they're soft, and fold when they have to play a team that will punch them in the mouth and try to run through them, versus a squad more likely to finesse and try to run around them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=