Photo

Orioles Searching for Pitching-for real (hopefully)

• Please log in to reply
322 replies to this topic

#321 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,357 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 14 January 2024 - 06:29 PM

Let's face it, most are going to be pissed no matter what they do.  

I don't think that is true at all.

#322 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,772 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 14 January 2024 - 07:36 PM

I don't think that is true at all.

I was going to push back on his statement also, but it's actually probably correct if you use "most" as more than half.  The whole point of the other "A" thread was to make/build/understand however you'd grade the offseason.  You see how difficult that is for most (>50%) of the posters here to do something like that.

It's not true for me.  Burnes+Kimbrel = B+ for me.  You get an A with the quality roster management stuff which seems hyper necessary right now but completely TBD.  That should be the easiest/simplest offseason.

Pitchers and catchers in about a month.

#323 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,357 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 15 January 2024 - 09:12 AM

My comment was geared toward what I perceive here is that most of us think the O's are in a good position. But easily able to put themselves in an even better position. The level of frustration increases as we approach ST and pieces are falling off the table and the O's talk a lot but don't do anything to improve the club.

I don't give them credit for Kimbrel in this regards. Good move and they needed to do so but its replacing the Mountain not trying to help the club take the next step. Now if they were to get a legit TOR starter I think over 50% of us would be happy with the offseason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=