HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 21 December 2023 - 11:45 AM

Texans no Stroud

Jets

Bengals maybe with nothing to play for

Yea, I could see them winning out.  Agree it's  hard to picture it with Flacco back there but...the man has an uncanny ability to find a way.

The Browns defense is good enough to potentially beat all 3 of those teams basically single-handedly.  Unless the offense (Joe and/or others) get a severe case of the turnovers, they are the favorite in every one of those games to my eyes.  Again, not because they're all that super good overall, but THAT defense vs THOSE QBs down the stretch... at worst I expect them to be "winnable" with 5 minutes left every week.

#42 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 21 December 2023 - 10:01 PM

Nobody in the building is gonna have the mindset of not needing this game and instead focusing on Miami. I don't have any gripes with fans thinking that way, but it's completely unrealistic in terms of the team's preparation. Any team really, but especially the way the Ravens do things.

On top of that the Chiefs are still in the picture for the one seed and they hold the conference record tiebreaker. The 49ers game could be the difference in holding them off when it's all said and done.

And before we get ahead of ourselves the division title isn't even locked up. This game could definitely factor into who wins the north.

To think we can just lose this game and still be ok is very presumptuous given the possibilities.

#43 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 22 December 2023 - 07:03 AM

With all the hype going into Monday night and the fact that it's the network's dream come true, there's no possible way the Ravens are going to sleepwalk through this game because they're more concerned with Miami next week.  NFL players have plenty of ego and Lamar in particular is probably salivating at the thought of such a big stage to show off his talents.  This could be the game of the year on a lot of levels, especially ratings and viewership.  If Lamar thought the Jacksonville game had a playoff feel to it, he hasn't seen anything yet.  Monday night will be off the charts. 

#44 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 22 December 2023 - 09:06 AM

The Browns defense is good enough to potentially beat all 3 of those teams basically single-handedly.  Unless the offense (Joe and/or others) get a severe case of the turnovers, they are the favorite in every one of those games to my eyes.  Again, not because they're all that super good overall, but THAT defense vs THOSE QBs down the stretch... at worst I expect them to be "winnable" with 5 minutes left every week.

He had 3 ints vs the Bears and if Fields could have played better there's no Flacco comeback. If the Browns lose Sunday & the Bengals beat the Steelers, that last game in Cincy is not going to be easy for the Browns.

#45 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 22 December 2023 - 11:17 AM

Interesting fact leading into this game.....the MNF underdogs have won outright 7 straight times. Not sure how much it matters but it's certainly intriguing. 

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#46 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,155 posts

Posted 22 December 2023 - 01:36 PM

Balt Sun: Ravens face something new in 49ers, a team good enough to make them look bad in ‘game of the year’

#47 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,479 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 December 2023 - 12:10 AM

Line has moved to SF -6.0.

#48 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,098 posts

Posted 23 December 2023 - 12:41 AM

Line has moved to SF -6.0.

Guess we will have to hear the Ravens cry some more about it. Bad look from them. IMO doesnt bode well for their chances. Just go play the game. Stop talking about it and go earn it.

#49 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,155 posts

Posted 23 December 2023 - 07:35 AM

Who gets the early lead?

#50 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 23 December 2023 - 03:35 PM

Who gets the early lead?

Good question and it could be important in setting the tone of the game.  One thing I feel fairly certain about is unless the Ravens do two things, the chances of pulling out of SF with a win are slim to none.  One, they have to pressure Purdy and make him uncomfortable. He's just too accurate with way too many explosive weapons to be standing back there and calmly surveying the field. The Ravens have a decent secondary but they won't survive that scenario.  Second, they must be able to run the ball effectively and chew up the clock.  The 49ers are an offensive juggernaut and if you aren't going to limit the damage, you really have no chance of beating them.  The Cardinals showed that they can be run on, particularly up the middle.  This is one game where it behooves the Ravens to go back to Roman style, smash mouth football.  Maybe it won't be as exciting as everyone wants it to be, especially in prime time but I'll gladly take a boring, ugly win.  If they can do those two things, I like our chances.  Otherwise, forget it and might not be close.  

#51 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,825 posts

Posted 23 December 2023 - 04:00 PM

I'm more concerned about the Ravens offense scoring against the 49ers defense than I am about the Ravens defense containing the 49ers offense.

Ravens are 1st in points allowed, 49ers are 2nd

49ers are 3rd in points scored, Ravens are 4th

Should be a great game.

#52 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,563 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 23 December 2023 - 04:04 PM

I'm more concerned about the Ravens offense scoring against the 49ers defense than I am about the Ravens defense containing the 49ers offense.

Should be a great game.

I'm a bit surprised you think this considering they are short on defensive tackles with Armstead likely out, and Arizona ran over their defensive line.

#53 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,825 posts

Posted 23 December 2023 - 04:24 PM

I'm a bit surprised you think this considering they are short on defensive tackles with Armstead likely out, and Arizona ran over their defensive line.

I try not to put too much emphasis on just one week, good or bad.  Rush defense does seem to be their weakness defensively (19th in Y/A against rushing, 5th in passing) and some injuries there as you mention.  Generally my opinion is based on having more trust in our defense than our offense (especially with injuries to Andrews, Mitchell, and the tackles) and SF is pretty balanced with both units being excellent.

#54 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 23 December 2023 - 04:25 PM

Should be a great game.

The last thing I want to see is the Ravens getting into a shootout with them and Lamar throwing footballs all over God's creation trying to keep up.  The best case scenario IMO for a victory is a lower scoring game with heavy emphasis on running the football. I'm not saying it couldn't play out differently and still come away with a win but I think it's a perilous path to take. 

#55 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 23 December 2023 - 04:25 PM

The concern as always with Harbs and company is whether they can continue to TRY using the RBs if they don't have big gains early. At one point last game they had like 20 yards on be first 9 RB carries. Normally that's enough to shut down. They didn't quit at JAX thankfully and even after Mitchell went down kept feeding RBs.

#56 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,155 posts

Posted 24 December 2023 - 02:10 PM

Maulet out, Flowers questionable

https://www.baltimor...JPzZrfKQHoIOUlg

#57 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,871 posts

Posted 24 December 2023 - 02:57 PM

The bad thing about this game is that the Ravens are catching the 49ers while they're red hot.  And at home.  I think it's too much to overcome and I'm just hoping that the game is competitive.  The only way Baltimore wins this is if they play a near perfect game. No turnovers, very few penalties, rush for 150-200 yards and above all else, keep Lamar upright.  Pass protection is a major issue and it has to improve as we get closer to post season.  

SAN FRANCISCO 24; RAVENS 17

A loss tomnorow isn't the end of the world. I can live with them losing tomorrow and learning some stuff. 

#58 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 24 December 2023 - 03:47 PM

A loss tomnorow isn't the end of the world. I can live with them losing tomorrow and learning some stuff. 

That seems to be the general sentiment here at the forum but if they can leave SF with a win, I think it's huge in the way of confidence and momentum coming down the stretch.  Maybe not the end of the world but if they get their asses kicked, it won't give me a warm, fuzzy feeling about the prospects of them making a deep run in the playoffs. 

#59 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,202 posts

Posted 25 December 2023 - 06:50 PM

Obviously a tough spot for the Ravens.

I think they drop this one 28-24.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#60 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 25 December 2023 - 08:05 PM

I'd feel a lot more confident if Mitchell wasn't out. Gus is good, but Mitchell is such a playmaker. If Gordon plays they must hold on to the ball.

I am hoping the pass rush can get to Purdy. I know he throws quickly. Hopefully our defense can throw him off just enough. If not, go Lions!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=