• Please log in to reply
383 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,156 posts

Posted 19 December 2023 - 06:23 PM

ESPN's Matchup Predictor gives SF a 64% chance of winning. 

SF is a 5.5 point favorite. 

The over / under is 45.5. 

#2 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 20 December 2023 - 07:18 AM

The bad thing about this game is that the Ravens are catching the 49ers while they're red hot.  And at home.  I think it's too much to overcome and I'm just hoping that the game is competitive.  The only way Baltimore wins this is if they play a near perfect game. No turnovers, very few penalties, rush for 150-200 yards and above all else, keep Lamar upright.  Pass protection is a major issue and it has to improve as we get closer to post season.  

SAN FRANCISCO 24; RAVENS 17

• SonicAttack likes this

#3 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 20 December 2023 - 07:40 AM

The Ravens have to play the full game a lot like they played the second half on Sunday night. Even with Mitchell out, feed Edwards and Hill. A few carries for Gordon. A sweep or 3 to Flowers. Lamar of course. Run a lot and do it well, and you have a chance.

I envision a critical play or 2 where Queen can end a drive with an open field tackle. He still misses way too many of those to my eyes, even despite how "improved" he has been since Roquan arrived. Stopping a couple drives on a 3rd and 5 near midfield when you have a chance to do so will be HUGE.

#4 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,286 posts

Posted 20 December 2023 - 08:23 AM

This game is a lot harder than simply just run the ball. It has to be effective. If you run on first and second down and only pick up 3 yards, that's a problem, and you can't keep going 3 and out, or putting yourself in 3rd and longs, trying to force the issue.

SF is 3rd against the run, but 17th against the pass. They have a phenomenal front 7. But without Hufanga, an average to slightly above average secondary.

I know a lot here aren't going to like hearing this, and will vehemently disagree. But with Mitchell out, all of the Ravens playmakers not named Jackson, play WR or TE. To win this game, you're going to have to be effective and efficient through the air. And Lamar can do it. I'm tired of acting like Lamar still can't win with his arm. He can. And to beat a team with a dominant front 7 like SF, and no real threat at RB, he's going to have to win with his arm. End of story.

Get the ball in Flowers, Likely, Bateman and OBJ's hands. Get it out quick. Let your playmakers get it in space and make a play.

To me, the most important thing is getting out of this game healthy. Our post-season comes down to the Miami game. Just go out on Christmas, play loose, play to win. But get out healthy. I'll obviously take a win. But I'm not expecting one. SF is phenomenal. Their coaches are great. They're healthy. And they're hot.

I think the Ravens come in, and surprise some people. Think it's a close game, but SF pulls it out. 24-21 SF.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#5 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 20 December 2023 - 08:47 AM

49er's played without Hargrave & Armstead last game and Arizona ran for over 200 yrds. They lost because their D couldn't keep up. If they are still hurting the run game could contol the clock and keep the SF O off the field.

#6 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 December 2023 - 10:03 AM

[Looks at Ravens and 49ers skill position players]

I hope Rashard Mendenhall is right. :)

• Biggsy and PrimeTime like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#7 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 December 2023 - 10:11 AM

Wonder what the record is for most wins between two teams in game this late into the regular season? I feel like 22-6 combined is pretty strong. I think there was a Colts/Pats game in the Manning/Brady days where both were 8-0, 9-0, maybe 10-0 and that was a record? I think they may have mentioned something similar the last time the Ravens/49ers met in 2019 when SF was 10-1 and BAL was 9-2.

@BSLMikeRandall

#8 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 20 December 2023 - 10:39 AM

Wonder what the record is for most wins between two teams in game this late into the regular season? I feel like 22-6 combined is pretty strong. I think there was a Colts/Pats game in the Manning/Brady days where both were 8-0, 9-0, maybe 10-0 and that was a record? I think they may have mentioned something similar the last time the Ravens/49ers met in 2019 when SF was 10-1 and BAL was 9-2.

When the Rams and Colts met in Week 14 of the 1967 regular season, they were a combined 21-1-4.

• Mike in STL likes this

#9 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 20 December 2023 - 10:43 AM

When the Rams and Colts met in Week 14 of the 1967 regular season, they were a combined 21-1-4.

And the Colts would ultimately miss the playoffs, even with that impressive record.
  • mdrunning likes this

#10 SonicAttack

SonicAttack
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 20 December 2023 - 12:22 PM

Lamar will need to be turnover free, and the D needs to have the + on turnovers.  The Raven's need to play error free (no stupid penalties or turnovers) and if they do, they will win - easily. 

#11 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,109 posts

Posted 20 December 2023 - 12:29 PM

Make sure you are as healthy as possible for Miami. This game means vitually nothing to me

#12 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,553 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 20 December 2023 - 12:44 PM

Make sure you are as healthy as possible for Miami. This game means vitually nothing to me

Yup. As much type as they’re gonna bring to the games less up — NYE is THE game
  • TwentyThirtyFive likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#13 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,553 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 20 December 2023 - 12:46 PM

Miami wins we lose is the worst possible outcome. We’d be tied.

Beat Miami and 1 seed. Lose to Miami and they’re the 1 Seed.

So I guess this game matters because if we win and Miami loses to Dallas we are up two and a loss to Miami still leaves us in the drivers seat week 18

I think if Miami loses to Dallas on Sunday we will see a different ravens team Monday. If Miami wins we may take the foot off the gas a bit.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#14 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,481 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 December 2023 - 12:49 PM

KC still lurking, no? They have the tie breaker from what I understand. I think Monday night will matter no matter what. 

• Mike in STL likes this

#15 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 20 December 2023 - 12:53 PM

I don't think we should take the division for granted either. The Browns go 3-0 and we go 1-2 I think they win the division, H2H is even and they'd have a better div or AFC record. They have Texans-Jets-Bengals so certainly possible for them to win out. Seems like most people are basically conceding Monday already, 1-1 vs Miami-Pittsburgh isn't exactly a crazy outcome either. Winning Monday is really helpful.

#16 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,481 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 December 2023 - 12:56 PM

I definitely understand that SF is less critical than the Miami game. But football just isn't one of those sports you can toggle on and off like LeBron and the Lakers like to do over in the NBA (look at how they've played since the in-season Tournament that he actually cared about). So much timing, physicality, etc. My biggest fear is more injuries Monday, but it is what it is. You have to go in their with that warrior mentality and hope for the best. It's football, buckle up. And win. They're not some unbeatable team. They have a number of guys who are oft-injured. I think we've got a great shot Monday. 

• makoman likes this

#17 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 20 December 2023 - 01:02 PM

I definitely understand that SF is less critical than the Miami game. But football just isn't one of those sports you can toggle on and off like LeBron and the Lakers like to do over in the NBA (look at how they've played since the in-season Tournament that he actually cared about). So much timing, physicality, etc. My biggest fear is more injuries Monday, but it is what it is. You have to go in their with that warrior mentality and hope for the best. It's football, buckle up. And win. They're not some unbeatable team. They have a number of guys who are oft-injured. I think we've got a great shot Monday. 

Regardless what fans think of the importance, I imagine they will be up for it. Prime time, #1 team in the NFC with the MVP leader, being touted as possible Super Bowl preview...this isn't like looking past the Colts or something.

#18 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,481 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 December 2023 - 01:04 PM

Regardless what fans think of the importance, I imagine they will be up for it. Prime time, #1 team in the NFC with the MVP leader, being touted as possible Super Bowl preview...this isn't like looking past the Colts or something.

Yeah that too - Lamar vs. Purdy with the MVP on the line IMO. Christmas night. I just can't imagine they don't come out and play well. I'd be shocked. But I definitely get the angst from the fans perspective. I agree with 2035 fully, really, I kinda hate the whole thing given how things are playing out and what is at stake. Good thing the alpha's on the field don't think like we do. I'm ready to be entertained Monday night.

#19 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,109 posts

Posted 20 December 2023 - 01:04 PM

KC still lurking, no? They have the tie breaker from what I understand. I think Monday night will matter no matter what.

Win the last 2 games we are the #1 seed. Period. Thats the way I look at it. If you lose one of the last 2 then beating SF would help with staying ahead of KC and or locking up the division over Cle should they win out. So its like insurance but its insurance you wont need if you beat Mia and Pitt.
  • PrimeTime likes this

#20 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,109 posts

Posted 20 December 2023 - 01:08 PM

I get the athletes mentality. They will play that game hard. I expect it to be a physical tough game. And I absolutely hate it. You have to fly back cross country and play the biggest game of the year on 1 less day of rest. Nevermind if god forbid there were more injuries. I know it wont happen. I know why it wont happen. I respect why it wont happen but I wish theyd treat it as an exhibition game and really gear up for Miami.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=