449 replies to this topic

#21 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,098 posts

Posted 14 November 2023 - 09:56 PM

The other factor here is all of our losses so far are in the AFC. Another one Thur and we would be 4-4 in the conference and staring at a 6-6 finish. 6-6 in conference isnt gonna win you many tiebreakers.

#22 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,286 posts

Posted 15 November 2023 - 10:11 AM

The other factor here is all of our losses so far are in the AFC. Another one Thur and we would be 4-4 in the conference and staring at a 6-6 finish. 6-6 in conference isnt gonna win you many tiebreakers.

Just make the playoffs. Ravens clearly don't have any kind of real home field advantage. Make the dance and hope Lamar strings together 4 of his top quality games.
  • Mackus and NewMarketSean like this

#23 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 15 November 2023 - 03:08 PM

6) Some Ravens player we think is "likely" to play despite an injury tweak will be inactive; Some Bengals player being reported as "unlikely" to play (e.g. Hendrickson / Higgins) will make a miraculous recovery and be in the starting lineup.

Well, sounds like Hendrickson has gone from NO PRACTICE on Monday and likely out by many reports, to FULL PRACTICE today and not even listed on the injury report.  Uncanny.  Every other team seems to have their marquee players return from injury faster than expected.  Ravens tend to turn in to long term issues instead.

#24 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 16 November 2023 - 11:08 AM

On the podcast, I picked the Ravens 27-24 but truth be told, no outcome would surprise me. Thursday night games are weird for starters. Then, add to that the general weirdness of division games, coupled with both teams coming off of tough home losses and this game could go in any direction.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#25 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,098 posts

Posted 16 November 2023 - 11:59 AM

Its the biggest game of the year. Im already stressing

#26 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 16 November 2023 - 12:12 PM

I'd say it's bigger for the Bengals since a loss tonight virtually ends any hope they may have had for winning the division. A loss for the Ravens would likely finish them in terms of getting the top seed, and would ultimately drop them into second place after Sunday since 6-3 Cleveland and 6-3 Pittsburgh meet this week, but the consequences wouldn't be quite as dire.

• cprenegade likes this

#27 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 16 November 2023 - 01:38 PM

I almost don't even wanna go.

You know if we lose it'll be the same old dumb shit and we'll all be here pissed off bitching and moaning about it tomorrow.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#28 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 16 November 2023 - 02:50 PM

I'd say it's bigger for the Bengals since a loss tonight virtually ends any hope they may have had for winning the division. A loss for the Ravens would likely finish them in terms of getting the top seed, and would ultimately drop them into second place after Sunday since 6-3 Cleveland and 6-3 Pittsburgh meet this week, but the consequences wouldn't be quite as dire.

I think you are right.  With a loss tonight, the Bengals even if they ran the table they would need the Ravens to go 3-3 over their last 6 games to beat them.  The Ravens do have a schedule that has Miami, SF, Jacksonville, and the Chargers on it.  But it is still hard not to see them 2-2 against them and beating the Rams and Steelers.  

While a loss puts them essentially 3 back with 6 to play, a win does the opposite.  By winning they can take back the tiebreaker by also beating the Browns, and Steelers twice.  They would finish 4-2 in the division against the Ravens 3-3.  So a win would put them only 1/2 game out of first place.  

A loss tonight will drop the Ravens to 1/2 game out of first after the Browns/Steelers game.  A loss tonight is lethal for the Bengals.  

#29 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,098 posts

Posted 16 November 2023 - 02:58 PM

Again, the problem is fully expeting Cincys best shot. Its also being legit concerned about Lamar and this core group in big games. Or any game that gets tight for that matter.

#30 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 16 November 2023 - 04:19 PM

Josh Ross elevated from the practice squad.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#31 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 16 November 2023 - 04:48 PM

Again, the problem is fully expeting Cincys best shot. Its also being legit concerned about Lamar and this core group in big games. Or any game that gets tight for that matter.

I mean, shouldn't we be giving the team that won the North the past two years our best shot. Primetime division game at home, without a lock on the division, chance to step on the throat of the team that knocked us out last year, if we aren't up for this game we'll never be up.

#32 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,098 posts

Posted 16 November 2023 - 05:46 PM

I mean, shouldn't we be giving the team that won the North the past two years our best shot. Primetime division game at home, without a lock on the division, chance to step on the throat of the team that knocked us out last year, if we aren't up for this game we'll never be up.

I think they will be up for it. I dont trust them to finish

#33 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 16 November 2023 - 06:12 PM

I think they will be up for it. I dont trust them to finish

This is true. Hope they can show us something tonight. Get back that real contender feeling. Being 7-4 isn't the end of the world but lose 2 straight home div games and you get the feeling like the ceiling is getting readjusted downward.

#34 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 16 November 2023 - 07:10 PM

Broderick Washington, healthy scratch.

Money well spent.

Most head scratching move of the offseason, even more than OBJ.

For every great move they make, they do something like this, or extend a fullback and then draft one too. Just plain dumb sometimes.
  • BaltBird 24 likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#35 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,202 posts

Posted 16 November 2023 - 08:02 PM

Ravens sweep season series with the Bengals.

23-20.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#36 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,658 posts

Posted 16 November 2023 - 08:13 PM

I don't know what to expect anymore. I just hope everyone has fun!

#37 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 16 November 2023 - 08:13 PM

I had the Ravens / Bengals splitting the series at the beginning of the year.  This is real close.  Four possible outcomes:  Baltimore wins easily, Cincy wins easily, Baltimore wins a close one, Cincy wins a close one.  I can see any of three possible, the only one I can't see is Cincy wins easily.    Key players out on both sides.  

A fan outside the stadium said it best when asked if it was a must win.  No, not a must win but a big game.  That's not true on Cincinnati's side.  There is still a path to the playoffs if they lose, but not a real easy one.  Cincinnati has lost two games they shouldn't have to Tennessee and Houston, but they've showed up for the big games with the exception of game 1 against the Browns.  Really won't be surprised if the Ravens win, but looking at a close game and a late Burrow drive for the win.  Maybe even an OT game.  

#38 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,564 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 16 November 2023 - 08:15 PM

Well, sounds like Hendrickson has gone from NO PRACTICE on Monday and likely out by many reports, to FULL PRACTICE today and not even listed on the injury report.  Uncanny.  Every other team seems to have their marquee players return from injury faster than expected.  Ravens tend to turn in to long term issues instead.

I doubt Hendrickson will be anywhere close to 100%.  Kelce had a similar injury and he both missed a game, and wasn't really himself for a couple games after. (He is back to himself now obviously.)

#39 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,156 posts

Posted 16 November 2023 - 08:17 PM

Ravens starting on offense.

#40 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,156 posts

Posted 16 November 2023 - 08:17 PM

Connection to Andrews to start things off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=