• Please log in to reply
449 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 13 November 2023 - 04:56 PM

ESPN's Matchup Predictor gives the Ravens a 64.7% chance of winning. 

The Ravens are a 3.5 point favorite. 

The Over / Under is 46.5.

#2 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 13 November 2023 - 05:08 PM

Way less confident than I'd be had the Ravens not folded and held on for say a 13 point win yesterday. But logically, I think that's kind of a bad way to look at it, and a lousy half immediately before the game shouldn't mean so much. I can't manage to think of it any differently, though.

Stanley and Humphrey injuries are significant. Zeitler too, though not as much.

#3 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 13 November 2023 - 05:19 PM

Way less confident than I'd be had the Ravens not folded and held on for say a 13 point win yesterday. But logically, I think that's kind of a bad way to look at it, and a lousy half immediately before the game shouldn't mean so much. I can't manage to think of it any differently, though.

Stanley and Humphrey injuries are significant. Zeitler too, though not as much.

Seems like Higgins and Hendrickson may not play.

Zeitler and Moses seem to be practicing today, though it's just a walkthrough. Need to have no more OL than Stanley out.

#4 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,670 posts

Posted 13 November 2023 - 05:47 PM

I'm cool with Moses at RT and Mekari at LT. Really not much drop off between Stanley and Mekari, if any.

#5 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,670 posts

Posted 13 November 2023 - 05:48 PM

Hendrickson and Hubbard out for Cincinnati could be huge and a blessing for us.

#6 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,567 posts

Posted 13 November 2023 - 06:46 PM

Game depends on whether they can get to Burrow.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#7 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 14 November 2023 - 08:28 AM

Both teams have been a disappointment this year. Who the hell knows.

#8 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 14 November 2023 - 08:52 AM

Both teams have been a disappointment this year. Who the hell knows.

I know Sunday was crazy but 7-3 and 2nd in the conference is wild to be a disappointment. 5-4 and could easily be 3-6 I can see.

Their stats aren't that great overall but they are +10 in TO. Ours are mostly dominant except we are -1. At least tie that and you have a good chance. They don't really run so probably can't replicate what Cleveland just did. Need to keep doing whatever they've been doing the past two years to limit Chase.

#9 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 14 November 2023 - 09:12 AM

How many of the following occur:

1) Some Ravens RB makes some big plays in the first half and stands on the sideline most of the second half.  After the game John talks about how that's just the way it goes sometimes (ahem, every week) and "we'll work to get him more involved".  All it takes to get the Ravens out of their run game in the second half is limiting a designed RB carry or two to just 1 or 2 yards, at which point they decide the defense has adjusted and it's not gonna work.

2) The Ravens will lead and have possession of the ball in the second half. Instead of committing to some run game and punting away if called for, some combination of holding penalty, sack, fumble, and/or INT on a drop back will happen. John talks about trying to be aggressive and keeping our foot on the gas.  Momentum swing makes game closer or gives away the lead.

3) In a short yardage, maybe short and goal situation, Gus Edwards will be standing on the sideline watching while some "creative" play goes south.

4) Ravens offense will be inside the Cincy 35 yard line, and a penalty and/or sack on a drop back will knock them back out of FG range.  Higher likelihood on 3rd down.

5) Cameras capture John with his arms out like a bird desperately pleading with a sideline judge for an explanation, looking completely confused and exasperated.

6) Some Ravens player we think is "likely" to play despite an injury tweak will be inactive; Some Bengals player being reported as "unlikely" to play (e.g. Hendrickson / Higgins) will make a miraculous recovery and be in the starting lineup.

7) Ravens blow a lead late and lose a home game to a division foe

• NewMarketSean likes this

#10 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 14 November 2023 - 09:22 AM

I know Sunday was crazy but 7-3 and 2nd in the conference is wild to be a disappointment. 5-4 and could easily be 3-6 I can see.

Their stats aren't that great overall but they are +10 in TO. Ours are mostly dominant except we are -1. At least tie that and you have a good chance. They don't really run so probably can't replicate what Cleveland just did. Need to keep doing whatever they've been doing the past two years to limit Chase.

If Higgins doesn't suit up I think that'll help the Chase situation.  They can bias coverage help a tiny bit more in that case probably. Though McDonald has for the most part played a bend but don't break scheme on the back end, which I think helps take Chase's back-breaker threat away a bit.  The appearance of actual deep(er) SAFETY coverage pre-snap will prod most QBs in to looking more under off the snap.  Chase to me is a much bigger problem when you try to cover him solo down field (like for years and years it seemed when prior DCs would try to let AJ Green, or Chad Johnson, etc. run against a single DB).

#11 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 November 2023 - 09:55 AM

Baltimore isn’t losing this game coming off that stinker.
  • PrimeTime likes this

#12 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 14 November 2023 - 10:00 AM

Unsurprisingly Baltimore leads the NFL in point differential. +113. SF is 2nd at +109. The next closest AFC team is........Buffalo at +78.

#13 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 14 November 2023 - 10:00 AM

Their record says they're good, but this is a soft team that crumbles when challenged and chokes at the worst times. Playoff football will eat them alive. Who they are as a team is disappointing, a couple of blowouts not withstanding.

#14 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 14 November 2023 - 10:04 AM

You also cant have it both ways. When they are 3-2 after losing games to Indy and Buf its thats what these guys are. Mediocre. Not a contender. 5 weeks later now its they are a disappointment. The expectations were so high that as you said being 7-3 and tops in the division and conference is a disappointment

Make it make sense

#15 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 14 November 2023 - 11:06 AM

The Ravens will be leading this game going into the 4th qtr. That's my prediction. Who wins? Who the hell knows.

#16 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 14 November 2023 - 11:49 AM

I have so little faith when they do what they did on Sunday. 

Bengals are on the playoff bubble and need this game badly. Ravens will likely overthink themselves into a loss. 

Thursday nights are stupid. The Ravens are currently stupid. Take the under.

Bengals 23 - Ravens 22

@BSLMikeRandall

#17 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,567 posts

Posted 14 November 2023 - 01:03 PM

Yeah not liking their chances to win a close game late.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#18 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,289 posts

Posted 14 November 2023 - 04:06 PM

I have so little faith when they do what they did on Sunday.

Bengals are on the playoff bubble and need this game badly. Ravens will likely overthink themselves into a loss.

Thursday nights are stupid. The Ravens are currently stupid. Take the under.

Bengals 23 - Ravens 22

Definitely take the under. I hate that this game is on Thursday night. Such a disservice to both teams. If the NFL wanted it on prime time, they should have made it a Sunday or Monday night game.

This game could be the Bengals season. They're going to treat this like a playoff game. I have a bad feeling the Ravens get punched in the mouth twice in 5 days in their own home. I have no faith in a John Harbaugh led team showing any kind of grit, pride or heart. Maybe I'm wrong and the Ravens come out and play like they did against the Lions and Seahawks.

Bengals 24 - Ravens 21. All 21 of the Ravens points scored in the 1st half. 17 of the Bengals 24 scored in the 4th quarter.

#19 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 14 November 2023 - 09:27 PM

Well, this really is the Bengals season.  Blow this game and they are effectively 3 full games behind the Ravens for the division.  And that's not to mention also being behind the Browns and Steelers for the division as well.  Their schedule is no cake walk either.  They would almost have to run the table, certainly at least 6-1 down the stretch for a real shot at the division against Jacksonville, KC, Minnesota, Indy, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh twice.   And they wouldn't exactly have an easy time making a WC.   They would lose the tiebreaker against Baltimore, and already have a loss to Cleveland.   No matter how you look at it, a loss Thursday makes life tough for the Ravens but it is almost a death blow to Cincinnati's season.

And even though people don't think the Ravens can lose a second straight game at home, they can.  Nobody thought San Francisco could lose three in a row, but after losing to Cleveland, they lost to Minnesota and Cincinnati.  So it can happen. 

I'll wait to see who is playing for both teams before deciding who to go with, but either way I expect a very tough close game.    

#20 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 14 November 2023 - 09:47 PM

Yeah, we are gonna get their best shot. Desperation is a real thing. This is still the biggest game of our season IMO. Win this game and we still set ourselves up well for the division. Lose and the division is a complete toss up.
  • PrimeTime likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=