#441 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,564 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 22 November 2023 - 01:35 PM

And over the past 3 or 4 years, think about how many big losses the Ravens have had where you say they got outcoached. Too many. Harbaugh gets absolved of blame because he gives his coordinators the reigns to their side of the ball. The coordinators always take the blame. But the blown leads have been consistent with Harbaugh through multiple different coordinators and roster changeover. When the same thing keeps happening, you start looking at the common denomators.

I think you have to take the good with the bad. There aren't too many perfect coaches out there. We had a 4th quarter lead to blow because Harbaugh prepared the team well, which is definitely his strength. Is that worth blowing them all because he sometimes gets outcoached in close/late situations? I think it is but certainly up for debate.

#442 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,100 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 01:47 PM

Harbaugh is a top tier coach. Doesnt mean he is perfect. Doesnt mean there may not come a time when despite acknowledging how good he is the team may still move on. But its laughable how much irrational hate is sent his way. The chances are the next guy is gonna be a net negative compared to John. I say this as someone who on a more personal level cant stand his arrogance and ego. Hes an a-hole but an a-hole who is undeniably a successful NFL coach who runs a successful NFL program.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#443 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,481 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 November 2023 - 01:54 PM

Harbaugh is a top tier coach. Doesnt mean he is perfect. Doesnt mean there may not come a time when despite acknowledging how good he is the team may still move on. But its laughable how much irrational hate is sent his way. The chances are the next guy is gonna be a net negative compared to John. I say this as someone who on a more personal level cant stand his arrogance and ego. Hes an a-hole but an a-hole who is undeniably a successful NFL coach who runs a successful NFL program.

Bisciotti should get Sunday Ticket for all Ravens fans for a couple months - watch these other coaches up close for a bit - the criticism will die quickly.

• TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#444 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 01:56 PM

Harbaugh's in the same situation as Tomlin.  15 years in, is it acceptable to have a winning season and maybe an early playoff exit forever?

#445 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 02:00 PM

Bisciotti should get Sunday Ticket for all Ravens fans for a couple months - watch these other coaches up close for a bit - the criticism will die quickly.

The grass isn't always greener, but the Ravens have a lot of talent compared to other teams.  Mike McCarthy would be an example of comparable talent, but a worse game manager than Harbaugh.

#446 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,871 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 04:21 PM

I think you have to take the good with the bad. There aren't too many perfect coaches out there. We had a 4th quarter lead to blow because Harbaugh prepared the team well, which is definitely his strength. Is that worth blowing them all because he sometimes gets outcoached in close/late situations? I think it is but certainly up for debate.

Totally agree. Harbaugh has his issues. But at the end of the day I think he's one of the best coaches in the league even if he sometimes does stuff that makes me wanna knock him upside his head. I'll take him over most coaches in the league. 

#447 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 10:01 PM

I'd gladly take my chances with another option at this point... they win in spite of his gameday actions and lose 2 or 3 every year because of his gameday inaction. Could be worse, could be better, but worth a shot to me. The "known" commodity is a limiter on their potential virtually every year. The blown leads go back over a decade and are a deciding factor in home vs away playoff games, or being done early in January. Enough is enough.

#448 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,286 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 10:43 PM

I don't disagree with anything you said here. Andy Reid is also a top tier coach. Despite that, his time in Philly came to an end, both needed to move on. And it was the right decision for both parties. I feel like we're a quick playoff exit away from that same realization.

#449 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,564 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 23 November 2023 - 12:10 AM

I don't disagree with anything you said here. Andy Reid is also a top tier coach. Despite that, his time in Philly came to an end, both needed to move on. And it was the right decision for both parties. I feel like we're a quick playoff exit away from that same realization.

Do you trust we'll be able to find the next Nick Sirianni or Sean McVay? It's obviously possible and I think EDC and Newsome are probably going to make the right choice if asked, but there's some risk. I'm a little more open to it because it's pretty clear of late that teams have been able to identify young coaching talent that is ready for the keys to the car.

#450 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,286 posts

Posted 24 November 2023 - 01:33 AM

Do you trust we'll be able to find the next Nick Sirianni or Sean McVay? It's obviously possible and I think EDC and Newsome are probably going to make the right choice if asked, but there's some risk. I'm a little more open to it because it's pretty clear of late that teams have been able to identify young coaching talent that is ready for the keys to the car.

I honestly think they already got their guy. If Harbaugh goes (Which he wont) I'm pretty positive Macdonald would be the next HC.
  • bmore_ken likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=