#21 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 October 2023 - 11:01 AM

They were offered the bye this week and requested to not have it. Didnt know if you knew that or not.

Yea, I knew,  Harbs said the Ravens prefer a late bye.  That said, they made their bed, now go out and win the damn game.  

@mikeghg

#22 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 18 October 2023 - 11:15 AM

Ravens home field advantage definitely isn't what it used to be. I'd even say, there isn't one at all. If the Ravens are a 3-point favorite cause they give the home teams 3 points, then a pick em' seems like a more accurate line. 

Yeah, home field is overrated. The better team will almost always win regardless of where it is as long as they play a clean game. Talent wise, the Lions are just as good as the Ravens, if not slightly better.

#23 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,568 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 18 October 2023 - 12:58 PM

Some people dont want to give Det much credit. Dont have them on the same level as SF and Phi. I cant disagree more. Have your top 4 or 5 teams in whatever order you want but Det deserves to be in that tier. Great test for the Ravens. I dont expect them to get pushed around. I expect this is a very competitive game. Hope the fans step it up this week. Give the team as much of a homefield adv as possible.

Are you saying that people are thinking Detroit is bad/worse than us?  Because I don't think people are saying/thinking that at all.  They're probably right not to put them on the same level as SF/Philly.  But neither are we.  It's going to be a tough game.

#24 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 18 October 2023 - 01:12 PM

I thought I made it pretty clear. You wanna have Philly and SF above Det in a ranking thats fine. But they arent in a different tier.

#25 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,568 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 18 October 2023 - 04:08 PM

I thought I made it pretty clear. You wanna have Philly and SF above Det in a ranking thats fine. But they arent in a different tier.

I think those teams are in a different tier.  But the Ravens aren't in that tier (right now) either.

#26 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 19 October 2023 - 05:42 AM

I was watching ESPN 1st take yesterday and they were talking up the Lions. Now were they only doing it because SF & the Eagles lost .? They've only lost to Seattle in wk 2. They are loaded with top 10 picks. Should be a good game.

#27 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 19 October 2023 - 06:39 AM

Yeah, home field is overrated. The better team will almost always win regardless of where it is as long as they play a clean game. Talent wise, the Lions are just as good as the Ravens, if not slightly better.

Are the Ravens capable of a clean game?

#28 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 19 October 2023 - 06:51 AM

If the first 6 games are any indication, I'd have to say, unequivocally, no. 

#29 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 October 2023 - 09:12 AM

Clean yes.  Perfect, like everyone else. no.

@mikeghg

#30 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 19 October 2023 - 09:16 AM

Clean yes. Perfect, like everyone else. no.

I jump on how maddening they can be too. Fact is they are 6th in DVOA. You pick at your own team more than other teams and their flaws. Even if you dont think they are 6th overall, I wont hear that they arent in the top third of the league. They are.
  • Mike B likes this

#31 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 19 October 2023 - 10:51 AM

I jump on how maddening they can be too. Fact is they are 6th in DVOA. You pick at your own team more than other teams and their flaws. Even if you dont think they are 6th overall, I wont hear that they arent in the top third of the league. They are.

Ravens can potentially beat any team while at the same time they can find a way to lose to any team.

#32 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,171 posts

Posted 19 October 2023 - 11:26 AM

The Bank: Previewing Week 7 vs. Detroit

#33 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 19 October 2023 - 11:29 AM

The Ravens will win because it's the wacky NFL and because they are long overdue for a complete game. The Lions are the new darlings of the week but this game won't be that close.

#34 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 19 October 2023 - 12:32 PM

Is Harbs capable of making moves and calls of his own from the sideline to help tilt the scales? Or do we get to watch his befuddled spectator look on the big screen as things crumble late in the game? Time will tell...

#35 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 19 October 2023 - 07:40 PM

I think the Ravens are slightly better defensively, Detroit is better offensively.   People say Detroit hasn't played anyone.  Who have the Ravens played?   Detroit did beat KC, who is 5-1.  The Ravens haven't beaten a team with more than 3 wins.  But then there aren't that many in the league to begin with.  There are only 8 other teams besides the Ravens with 4 wins or more.  

This a good spot for the Ravens.  They are back home after 3 road games.  Detroit is on the road for the 2nd straight week.  Detroit will also be without Montgomery, although Jahmyr Gibbs has shown some pop and should not be discounted.   The only negative is the Ravens are coming off of the trip to London, and there is some data that says teams that play the week after that trip are usually a little sluggish.  But that sample is small given that most teams have elected to take their bye the week after.  

This should be an entertaining game.  If it was in Detroit I would definitely be on the Lions, but if the Ravens are truly that borderline tier one team, they should be able to take care of business at home.  

#36 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 20 October 2023 - 06:00 AM

Suggs goes into the Ring of Honor Sunday. His malise in his heart game was vs the Lions. Maybe he'll suit up and hit Goff.

#37 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,290 posts

Posted 20 October 2023 - 07:37 PM

Suggs goes into the Ring of Honor Sunday. His malise in his heart game was vs the Lions. Maybe he'll suit up and hit Goff.

Need Mike Carey to come out and throw him out again.

#38 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,202 posts

Posted 21 October 2023 - 03:07 PM

Ravens win this one 31-27.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#39 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,555 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 21 October 2023 - 03:33 PM

I think we lose a close one with bad mistakes in the 4th

You know, something new for a change
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#40 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 21 October 2023 - 04:32 PM

Ravens win this one 31-27.

I hope you're right but there's no way I can see this offense scoring 31 points.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=