• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,171 posts

Posted 17 October 2023 - 12:33 PM

ESPN's Match-Up Predictor gives the Ravens a 53.9% chance of winning. 

The Ravens are 3 point favorites. 

The Over / Under is 42.

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,171 posts

Posted 17 October 2023 - 12:34 PM

Balt Sun: Ravens safety Marcus Williams ‘iffy’ to play vs. Lions; OLB Tyus Bowser’s injury status ‘more complicated’

#3 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 17 October 2023 - 01:11 PM

Lions will likely be without Montgomery and could be down Gibbs as well. 

Their WRs are low key really efficient. Have to get off the field on 3rd downs. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#4 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 17 October 2023 - 01:17 PM

I figured Williams would be out for this week.  You can add him to the list of chinaware the Ravens have on their roster.  He'll be lucky to play 10 games this year.  Bowser is more than likely done for the year and as a Raven. 

As much as it pains me to say this, I think the Ravens are in for a butt kicking this Sunday.  Maybe not a complete blow out but I think they lose by at least 10 points and trail the whole game.  I certainly hope I'm wrong but that's how I feel.  Their inconsistent, maddening play was always going to catch up to them against a good team and this Sunday will not disappoint.   

DETROIT 27; RAVENS 17 

#5 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 17 October 2023 - 01:26 PM

Do the Ravens send Justin Tucker, and ONLY Justin Tucker, to midfield for the pre-game coin flip???

#6 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,678 posts

Posted 17 October 2023 - 01:32 PM

What's the deal with Bowser? Showed up to camp hurt, not much explanation and doesn't seemed entirely eager to get back on the field.

#7 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,567 posts

Posted 17 October 2023 - 02:16 PM

Not sure what to make of Detroit so far but I don't fear them. I fear the Ravens mishaps more than I fear the Lions.

Aside from KC, who they did beat, don't look that great so far and were without Kelce, they've beaten up on some bad teams.

I think this is the best defense they'll face so far this year.

Ravens 28

Lions 20

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#8 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 17 October 2023 - 02:56 PM

Do the Ravens send Justin Tucker, and ONLY Justin Tucker, to midfield for the pre-game coin flip???

When was the last time the Ravens won the opening coin toss?  Seems like it's been weeks. 

#9 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 17 October 2023 - 03:27 PM

When was the last time the Ravens won the opening coin toss? Seems like it's been weeks.

The only one they’ve won this year is the Colts game.

#10 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 17 October 2023 - 03:54 PM

What's the deal with Bowser? Showed up to camp hurt, not much explanation and doesn't seemed entirely eager to get back on the field.

It's another Harbaugh mystery.  Don't even bother going down that rabbit hole.  You're better off reading tea leaves. 

#11 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 17 October 2023 - 07:51 PM

It's another Harbaugh mystery. Don't even bother going down that rabbit hole. You're better off reading tea leaves.

He did similar with Arthur Jones many years back. Jones had some off field personal issues nobody ever reported. Probably because he had won the Media Good Guy award (or something along those lines) like the year before. Fascinates me how the media picks and chooses who they decide to protect and who they are not shy about trying to tear down.

#12 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 17 October 2023 - 07:53 PM

If it's a FG or less game coming down to the final seconds, you know Tucker will be eager to make it 3 for 3 on Lions heartbreak...

#13 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,645 posts

Posted 18 October 2023 - 05:23 AM

I think some of you folks might be shortchanging the Lions

TBH, this is likely to be one of the best games of the weekend. 

#14 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 18 October 2023 - 06:53 AM

He did similar with Arthur Jones many years back. Jones had some off field personal issues nobody ever reported. Probably because he had won the Media Good Guy award (or something along those lines) like the year before. Fascinates me how the media picks and chooses who they decide to protect and who they are not shy about trying to tear down.

I doubt the media knows anymore about Bowser than we do.  This is the latest chapter in the ever-evolving novel, "The Life and Times of John Harbaugh and the Mystery Injuries."  

#15 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 18 October 2023 - 08:55 AM

I don't think we match up well in the trenches with the Lions. Lamar Jackson will need to be on his A-game. 

Unfortunately, I think it leads to untimely turnovers. 

Lions 20 - Ravens 16

@BSLMikeRandall

#16 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,129 posts

Posted 18 October 2023 - 09:30 AM

Some people dont want to give Det much credit. Dont have them on the same level as SF and Phi. I cant disagree more. Have your top 4 or 5 teams in whatever order you want but Det deserves to be in that tier. Great test for the Ravens. I dont expect them to get pushed around. I expect this is a very competitive game. Hope the fans step it up this week. Give the team as much of a homefield adv as possible.

#17 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,290 posts

Posted 18 October 2023 - 09:37 AM

I don't think we match up well in the trenches with the Lions. Lamar Jackson will need to be on his A-game.

Unfortunately, I think it leads to untimely turnovers.

Lions 20 - Ravens 16

Their offense is really good. Probably the best offensive line in football. Sounds like they'll possibly be missing RB 1A and RB 1B. But Goff is Goff. You give him time, he can pick you apart. None of their WR's really scare you as far as big plays outside of Jameson Williams. But they're all solid. Macdonald has his hands full this week. This will be a great match up.

I feel like our offense is starting to get more underrated than overrated at this point. They've had issues holding on to the ball. But as far as moving it, they've seem to be able to consistently move the ball. They're top 10 in rushing yards per game, middle of the pack in passing yards. But 24th in giveaways. If we can play a clean game offensively, we have a good shot.

I think this is a pretty even match up. Their strengths match up against our strengths. And their weaker parts match our weaker parts.

I think we pull this one out. Probably come out of the gates on fire, get up 17-3. Then squeak out a 20-17 win.

#18 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 October 2023 - 10:07 AM

I am worried about fatigue at this point.  The Ravens are coming off 3 road games the last one in London.  I wish we had requested the bye for this week.  

The Lions are good maybe very good.  All that said, it is time for the Ravens to make a statement, and I think they match the Lions physicality with their own and I think the Ravens win 23-17.  

I can't wait to get to the bank for this one.  We have not been at home for what seems forever.

@mikeghg

#19 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 18 October 2023 - 10:19 AM

Ravens home field advantage definitely isn't what it used to be. I'd even say, there isn't one at all. If the Ravens are a 3-point favorite cause they give the home teams 3 points, then a pick em' seems like a more accurate line. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#20 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,129 posts

Posted 18 October 2023 - 10:31 AM

I am worried about fatigue at this point. The Ravens are coming off 3 road games the last one in London. I wish we had requested the bye for this week.
The Lions are good maybe very good. All that said, it is time for the Ravens to make a statement, and I think they match the Lions physicality with their own and I think the Ravens win 23-17.
I can't wait to get to the bank for this one. We have not been at home for what seems forever.

They were offered the bye this week and requested to not have it. Didnt know if you knew that or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=