hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 15 October 2023 - 01:03 PM

Good call here - https://x.com/realmr...60M8ZOe1IyiordQ

Didn’t see this one live. But Lamar continues to get zero respect or fairness out of the officials. It’s disgraceful.

He's a runner. Runners don't get helmet protection. Which is stupid. All helmet hits should be illegal.

#602 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 October 2023 - 01:04 PM

Thought they changed that this year, but maybe it was college. Be consistent. It’s ridiculous.

#603 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,435 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 01:09 PM

Moses 15th, Mekari 39th, Stanley 57th.

I guess Simpson has cooled off, I was wrong there. Zietler 30th, Simpson 53rd.

Stanley man. Damn.

#604 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 October 2023 - 01:10 PM

Stanley man. Damn.

He’s been so bad. Eye test too, sucks.

#605 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,071 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 01:13 PM

Good call here - https://x.com/realmr...60M8ZOe1IyiordQ

Didn’t see this one live. But Lamar continues to get zero respect or fairness out of the officials. It’s disgraceful.

Is helmet to helmet on a runner a penalty? I didn't think it was.

#606 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 01:16 PM

Is helmet to helmet on a runner a penalty? I didn't think it was.

I thought defenseless receiver was the important thing. Though I agree with the general idea that the refs never seem to protect Lamar.

#607 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 01:28 PM

He’s been so bad. Eye test too, sucks.

He was good last year despite coming off injury, I assumed that with a full offseason healthy and in shape he'd keep it up. Maybe the ankle is still bothering him?

#608 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 01:29 PM

I thought defenseless receiver was the important thing. Though I agree with the general idea that the refs never seem to protect Lamar.

Lamar definitely gets the Cam Newton treatment. Newton would get nailed helmet to helmet in the pocket all the time and never got RTP calls. Meanwhile if you grazed Bradys face mask with a fingernail, 8 flags would fly instantly.

#609 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 01:43 PM

Oh they won. Cool.

Zero concerns alleviated, and not one percentage point more confidence that they are a real threat, but I guess winning beats losing.

Who's a real threat at this point? Eagles and Niners? Maybe KC? In the AFC, KC has looked shaky at times too.

#610 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 01:44 PM

Lamar definitely gets the Cam Newton treatment. Newton would get nailed helmet to helmet in the pocket all the time and never got RTP calls. Meanwhile if you grazed Bradys face mask with a fingernail, 8 flags would fly instantly.

Brady would beg for those. I don't really think Newton did the same. Maybe he should have.

#611 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,859 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 01:45 PM

Who cares. Clowney and KVN have been godsend signings

Yeah. And be nice to keep them fresh.

#612 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 02:00 PM

Who cares. Clowney and KVN have been godsend signings

Oweh has looked good when healthy.

Don't have much faith in Ojabo.

#613 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 02:20 PM

Oh they won. Cool.

Zero concerns alleviated, and not one percentage point more confidence that they are a real threat, but I guess winning beats losing.

The last Ravens team to win a superbowl, was probably the worst Ravens team in that window. They really had no business even making it to the Superbowl that year. But Flacco got hot when it mattered most.

Lamar has proven that he can go on hot stretches, where he looks like the beat player in the world. Once you get to the postseason, anything can happen.

#614 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 02:36 PM

The last Ravens team to win a superbowl, was probably the worst Ravens team in that window. They really had no business even making it to the Superbowl that year. But Flacco got hot when it mattered most.

Lamar has proven that he can go on hot stretches, where he looks like the beat player in the world. Once you get to the postseason, anything can happen.

They started that season 9-1. Yes, 3 losses in December isn’t ideal. (Last game doesn’t count they rested starters)
@BSLMikeRandall

#615 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,678 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 02:40 PM

I don’t know about Saquon. He’s always hurt. I’d be calling Tennessee about Henry though. They look ready to hand it over to Spears anyway.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#616 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,317 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 02:40 PM

I just wish this team would start to show some consistency in all phases of the game. They don't have to be 2019 lights out but at least play clean games, finish off teams when they have them by the jugular and more than anything not lose to the ones that are clearly inferior.  Jacksonville steamrolls the Colts today and yet we lose to them at home.  Those are the kind of things that drives me to distraction.  Detroit comes to town next week and could very well be 5-1 if they beat Tampa Bay today.  Are they Ravens going to show up and play a complete game against a good team? I'm not exactly brimming with confidence they will.  

#617 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,317 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 02:43 PM

I don’t know about Saquon. He’s always hurt. I’d be calling Tennessee about Henry though. They look ready to hand it over to Spears anyway.

Our running back group is fine.  The OL has to start blocking better.  

#618 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 15 October 2023 - 03:04 PM

Like they’ve improved as the seasons have gone on the past several years? Like they improve in H2 from H1 every week? We might as well be talking about how capitalism can start treating the lower and middle class better. Sure, anything is possible, but it’s obviously not going to happen.

The capitalism line got me. That's gold, Jerry. Gold.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#619 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 15 October 2023 - 05:06 PM

Our running back group is fine. The OL has to start blocking better.

I agree about the run blocking but the RB room is very underwhelming at the moment. Perhaps Keaton Mitchell can get a look here over the next few weeks and provide us with a more complete back.
  • TwentyThirtyFive likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#620 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,435 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 05:07 PM

I agree about the run blocking but the RB room is very underwhelming at the moment. Perhaps Keaton Mitchell can get a look here over the next few weeks and provide us with a more complete back.

Yup. Both are issues. RBs and OL run blocking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=