632 replies to this topic

#581 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 12:04 PM

They don’t have it in them. The defense does, but I’ve got zero faith in this offense being tough enough to win January football games. Just not going to happen. You know it as well. I know you do.

I'm in agreement.  They're good enough to win the first playoff game at home if they win the division, but I don't see them beating KC or Buffalo come playoff time.  I think they would struggle with Miami and possibly Jacksonville as well.  I don't know what to make of Cincy yet.  If Burrow is healed, Cincy always starts slow and build momentum toward the end of the season.  

Thing is the Ravens haven't played anyone yet.  Of course putting an asterisk next to the Cincy win because of the Burrow injury.  The list of QBs they have beaten so far isn't exactly a list of HOFers.  

#582 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,435 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 12:06 PM

I'm in agreement. They're good enough to win the first playoff game at home if they win the division, but I don't see them beating KC or Buffalo come playoff time. I think they would struggle with Miami and possibly Jacksonville as well. I don't know what to make of Cincy yet. If Burrow is healed, Cincy always starts slow and build momentum toward the end of the season.

Thing is the Ravens haven't played anyone yet. Of course putting an asterisk next to the Cincy win because of the Burrow injury. The list of QBs they have beaten so far isn't exactly a list of HOFers.

There it is. Cant beat Buf at home BS. Buf might not even win the division. Let alone get the 1 or 2 seed.

#583 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,435 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 12:10 PM

Btw the Ravens can improve as the season goes on too. This idea that everyone else builds or gets hot later in the year but the Ravens are gonna stall out or go backwards. Thats how every fanbase thinks tho. Im sure plenty of Buf fans are doing the same thing.

Look this isnt me saying the Ravens are an elite team. That they arent inconsistent. Because they arent elite and they are very inconsistent. But as I told Ricker the DVOA tracks. 7th overall. 11th offense. 2 defense. You can work with that especially knowing the offense has potential to be better. Its not like they are clicking on all cylinders or are close to 100% to be 11th in the league. For one they havent been healthy. Def room to make this a top 6 or 7 offense and if you can be a team that has a top 10 offense and a top 10 defense then I find it absolutely stupid to dismiss that team has mediocre and incapable of winning in January
  • makoman likes this

#584 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 October 2023 - 12:12 PM

Like they’ve improved as the seasons have gone on the past several years? Like they improve in H2 from H1 every week? We might as well be talking about how capitalism can start treating the lower and middle class better. Sure, anything is possible, but it’s obviously not going to happen.
  • PrimeTime likes this

#585 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,858 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 12:13 PM

Disappointed that Keaton Mitchell didn't get a single touch.

#586 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,435 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 12:14 PM

Was never the plan. Props to him for making it as a ST guy so soon. He may get some shots as the season goes on but it will be gradual unless another RB injury.

#587 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 12:15 PM

Me too but it doesn't surprise me.  Right now, he's the third back and unless Edwards or Hill go down with an injury, you might never see him this year. 

#588 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 12:16 PM

There it is. Cant beat Buf at home BS. Buf might not even win the division. Let alone get the 1 or 2 seed.

The can beat Buffalo, I just don't think they will.  Couldn't beat them 3 years ago in the playoffs, couldn't beat them last year despite having a 20-3 lead late in the first half.  Just my opinion that they won't beat them.  I guess when they finally do I  will change my opinion.

I said before the season I thought the Ravens were a tier 2 team.  Good, but not good enough to make a run in the AFC come playoff time.  Nothing I have seen so far this year makes me think even the slightest bit differently.  

#589 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 12:18 PM

Just a disgraceful, game impacting performance by the officiating crew.  Horrible.  Embarrassing.  I know Harbaugh won't say anything, especially after winning but if I'm Bisciotti, I order him to say something about it and I'd pay the fine.  Those clowns have ZERO accountability.  Its just the status quo every frickin week in this league.  They almost single handedly handed the game to the Titans.  At the very least, they kept them in the game.  

• BaltBird 24 likes this

#590 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,435 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 12:20 PM

The AFC aint all that. The margins are thin between whatver teams you think are elite and the ones you have in the next tier.

#591 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 October 2023 - 12:20 PM

Good call here - https://x.com/realmr...60M8ZOe1IyiordQ

Didn’t see this one live. But Lamar continues to get zero respect or fairness out of the officials. It’s disgraceful.

#592 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,858 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 12:21 PM

What's the outlook on Bowser, Oweh, Ojabo?

#593 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,435 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 12:22 PM

Who cares. Clowney and KVN have been godsend signings

#594 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 12:23 PM

Having a healthy Bowser would definitely help, especially in pass coverage where he excels but Oweh and Ojabo?  Who cares.  Van Noy is better than both of them. 

#595 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 12:23 PM

They don’t have it in them. The defense does, but I’ve got zero faith in this offense being tough enough to win January football games. Just not going to happen. You know it as well. I know you do.

To be honest, that's why I'd love to trade for a dog at RB. Not sure if Saquon is that guy. In 2019, Ingram was that guy. He brought that attitude, and it felt like the whole offense followed his lead. Since he left, it feels like he took the heart of the offense with him.

As far as RB vs OL. I feel like either would improve the offense. Get a good IOL and Edwards and Hill will improve. They can take what the line gives them. But I feel like a top end RB like Barkley can make something out of nothing. Look what McCaffery did for SF. The question would be, why trade for another player that can't stay on the field?

#596 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,435 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 12:26 PM

Is Linderbaum any good? Like I know hes not bad. But is he good? Prob doesnt help playing next to Simpson and a declining Zeitler

#597 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 October 2023 - 12:28 PM

Is Linderbaum any good? Like I know hes not bad. But is he good? Prob doesnt help playing next to Simpson and a declining Zeitler

Yeah, he’s elite. Simpson has been decent too. Zietler, not so much.
  • TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#598 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 October 2023 - 12:30 PM

hPiGBKW.jpg

Was graded 2nd before he got dinged up a few weeks ago. He’s a top 3-5 C IMO.

#599 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,435 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 12:35 PM

hPiGBKW.jpg

Was graded 2nd before he got dinged up a few weeks ago. He’s a top 3-5 C IMO.

How are the tackles grading out?

#600 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 October 2023 - 12:54 PM

How are the tackles grading out?

Moses 15th, Mekari 39th, Stanley 57th.

I guess Simpson has cooled off, I was wrong there. Zietler 30th, Simpson 53rd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=