• 156,157 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 10:01 AM

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 10:03 AM

ESPN's Matchup Predictor gives the Ravens a 68.6% chance of winning. 

The Ravens are 3 point favorite, and the Over / Under is 40.

#3 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 10:38 AM

How's this for a prediction.... TENNESSEE 44; RAVENS 7   We can go from there.  

#4 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,565 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 10:45 AM

I don't know what the hell to expect with this team anymore.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,481 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 October 2023 - 10:55 AM

I’m glad they got out there early. Buffalo arrived in London this past Friday and looked completely uninterested in playing competitive football yesterday.

Maybe the Ravens can get some love from the growing Anthony Santander fan club over there. (@Fantanders on IG)

#6 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 10:59 AM

I don't know what the hell to expect with this team anymore.

Yeah no kidding.

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 11:08 AM

I’m glad they got out there early. Buffalo arrived in London this past Friday and looked completely uninterested in playing competitive football yesterday.

Maybe the Ravens can get some love from the growing Anthony Santander fan club over there. (@Fantanders on IG)

Not cool that the NFL had Jacksonville in London back-to-back weeks; that was a clear advantage for them. 

Definitely good that the Ravens got there as early as possible.

#8 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,565 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 12:30 PM

This team has killed my excitement of being a fan.

I'm old enough to remember not having a team here in Baltimore. And it sucked. Even at the lowest lows, this is still better than that. But this team has sucked out my soul. I'll keep watching and rooting, but it's more like scratching a phantom limb at this point. I've been doing it so long I don't know how to stop.

Getting rid of Harbaugh may be then solution. I'm just sick of seeing him on the sidelines. I don't bother to read or listen to a word he says after the game. I really don't even follow the team outside of watching on Sundays.

This is another game we should win and it shouldn't even be close. But since we're a badly coached team, with an inconsistent QB, this game will be close and win or loss still piss us off as fans.

• 85Knight likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#9 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 01:25 PM

I'm old enough to remember not having a team here in Baltimore. And it sucked. Even at the lowest lows, this is still better than that. But this team has sucked out my soul. I'll keep watching and rooting, but it's more like scratching a phantom limb at this point. I've been doing it so long I don't know how to stop.

Getting rid of Harbaugh may be then solution. I'm just sick of seeing him on the sidelines. I don't bother to read or listen to a word he says after the game. I really don't even follow the team outside of watching on Sundays.

This is another game we should win and it shouldn't even be close. But since we're a badly coached team, with an inconsistent QB, this game will be close and win or loss still piss us off as fans.

With each passing game where I have to gag down a tablespoon of cod liver oil and endure a loss or shallow victory, I inch closer and closer to where you're at. Too bad we never hear from the owner. I hope he's having as much fun as we are.

#10 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 01:43 PM

Vrabel is a good bet to outcoach Harbs, that much is certain...

#11 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 02:08 PM

Whether people want to consciously admit it or not, the problem is the NFL is a watered down borderline uninteresting product. Its not just the Ravens. The rule changes. The refs who guess and decide games on calls that are too often 50/50. Its not authentic.

#12 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 02:14 PM

Whether people want to consciously admit it or not, the problem is the NFL is a watered down borderline uninteresting product. Its not just the Ravens.

Unlike baseball, I still find the sport of football interesting.  I just like the way it's played, although I do think the officials get carried away with themselves at times and impede overall action.  Also, I really don't care if most of the league is mediocre or outright bad.  Baseball isn't any different and neither is basketball.  There's way too many teams in all of the sports for that not to be the case.  The top 4 or 5 teams will always be there in the end and that's what everyone should strive for.  The Ravens could be one of those teams because they have enough talent to reach that level.  Too bad they can't get their heads out of their asses long enough to realize that. 

#13 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 02:29 PM

Whether people want to consciously admit it or not, the problem is the NFL is a watered down borderline uninteresting product. Its not just the Ravens. The rule changes. The refs who guess and decide games on calls that are too often 50/50. Its not authentic.

Interesting take. For me, every NFL game is watchable. 

#14 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,565 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 02:43 PM

I watch a lot of football as I am sure you do too and there are teams out there who are exciting to watch week to week and we just aren't one of them. Even with one of the most exciting players in NFL history we've somehow become a boring team. That game yesterday was boring AF. The Eagles, the Niners, the Dolphins and the Chiefs -- granted they may be the top 4 teams so far but they are fun to watch play. Their coaches know what the hell they're doing, too. Maybe if we had one we'd be in that group of teams as well.

#15 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 09 October 2023 - 02:54 PM

Vrabel is a good bet to outcoach Harbs, that much is certain...

What?  I think Vrabel is one of the worst gameday coaches in the league.

#16 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 03:05 PM

What?  I think Vrabel is one of the worst gameday coaches in the league.

I've definitely heard lots of Analysts regard Vrabel as one of the best coaches in the league.  
As far as how he is on gameday, no opinion.  Don't watch them enough to have one. 
Also not sure how large a percentage of the entirety of a HC's worth is on gameday. 

#17 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 03:22 PM

I watch a lot of football as I am sure you do too and there are teams out there who are exciting to watch week to week and we just aren't one of them. Even with one of the most exciting players in NFL history we've somehow become a boring team. That game yesterday was boring AF. The Eagles, the Niners, the Dolphins and the Chiefs -- granted they may be the top 4 teams so far but they are fun to watch play. Their coaches know what the hell they're doing, too. Maybe if we had one we'd be in that group of teams as well.

I rarely watch a football game that isnt the Ravens. And even with them Ive already missed 2 of their 5 games this year. I dislike the product. I agree that some teams are more appealing than others but it still doesnt do much for me anymore. I think its the most inauthentic of the major American sports. You can choose to throw a flag or not throw a flag on so many snaps. You have calls one week that play a major impact on the game. The next week essentially the same holding, pass interference call that decided one game isnt called in this game. You get a former ref on the telecast that defends both the call and the non call. Its the same thing. We lose a game against Indy on a non call PI. A week later the Jets lose a game because of two weaker PI calls. Clearly Im in the minority. Americans still go crazy over a sport thats often influenced by subjective officiating. Is what it is.

#18 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,565 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 03:50 PM

And yet the Ravens werent penalized much yesterday and I think they didn’t get penalized until 3rd quarter.

The Ravens so far have played a boring brand of football. Maybe they can get back to that 2019 fun offense and be electric again but I just don’t think we can recapture that lightning for many reasons.

#19 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,670 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 04:21 PM

They'll probably win 123-2.

#20 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 04:29 PM

What? I think Vrabel is one of the worst gameday coaches in the league.

I am not saying Vrabel is a great coach. Just saying he is a good bet to outcoach Harbs. Perspective is important. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=