#1 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,700 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 08 October 2023 - 10:05 PM

Post your thoughts/feelings/rants etc here.

Obv no cursing. No personal shots at other posters but let it fly. This is a safe space so if you say “Mullins sucks I’m done with him” nobody can quote this thread next year when he’s hitting .400 in May.

Not limited to Os. Get your Ravens and, if you choose, Terps football grievances out.

I’ll start small:

Done with Mullins. Done with Hays.

Move the stupid wall back in a few feet.
  • Mike in STL and russsnyder like this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#2 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,700 posts

Posted 08 October 2023 - 10:08 PM

I also truly feel like none of us are ever seeing an Os title. Hell, OPACY opened in 1992 and it’s never even hosted a WS game!

Since the 1983 title the Os are 3-12 (I think) in the ALCS

Sometimes you just have to accept your fate. Millions of Red Sox and Cubs fans died without ever seeing a title. That’s us. If you remember ‘66 and ‘70 and ‘83 I’m jealous. I was alive in ‘83 but I was crapping in a diaper.

We ain’t ever seeing a title. God dislikes us.

@bopper33

#3 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,700 posts

Posted 08 October 2023 - 10:10 PM

As for the Ravens Lamar just isn’t smart. He doesn’t take care of the ball. Tough to envision us ever winning a bowl with him running the offense.

Ton of blame to go around but he’s the high paid QB. Most of it falls on him, fair or not.

@bopper33

#4 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,700 posts

Posted 08 October 2023 - 10:10 PM

I also hate this. I hate that I had to make this thread.

0-4

Massive weekend.

0-4 with a PAINFUL loss to our biggest rival.

I mean really? Seriously?

Laughable

@bopper33

#5 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 08 October 2023 - 10:20 PM

My thoughts:

Orioles are a good young team that will be competitive for the near future.  Seasons like this don't come along often though, and I thought all year long that their starting pitching over achieved.  It's still possible they can extend their season, but not likely.  That said the future is promising as long as the pitching continues to hold up and as long as Angelos doesn't hold a fire sale to sell off all of the talent just to make a buck.  

Ravens are over-rated.  Every year they are the trendy pick to be the AFC SB representative and every year they come up short.  Lamar Jackson is an incredible dynamic talent, but only average as a passer.  He actually looked good most of the game, but then made a bonehead decision that nullified all of that.  KC, SF, Philly....even Buffalo in a loss, and maybe Dallas are all better overall teams than the Ravens.  They played the worst 5 game schedule of QBs that maybe anyone has ever played and could only come up 3-2.  Says a lot about how good they really are.  

#6 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,996 posts

Posted 08 October 2023 - 10:44 PM

I never want to see Bryan Baker throw another pitch in the Orioles organization.

Jacob Webb can go pound sand, too.

Lamar's late game fumbles/ interceptions are so predictable it's almost comical.

Rashod Bateman and OBJ can go as well. And Stanley. And how is Falale an NFL level player? Dude is atrocious.
  • SonicAttack likes this

#7 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,700 posts

Posted 08 October 2023 - 10:45 PM

We found out the hard way why LAA got rid of Webb.

It’s fun in late August when he’s mowing down the White Sox

Different vibe in the post season. He stinks
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

@bopper33

#8 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,996 posts

Posted 08 October 2023 - 10:46 PM

I'd rather have Tyree Phillips blocking than Daniel Falale.
  • russsnyder likes this

#9 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,700 posts

Posted 08 October 2023 - 10:47 PM

Also — and I’m not sure (truly) how much autonomy he has — if Elias doesn’t start getting serious about off season and deadline acquisitions I'm fine with buying him a bus pass to Montana.

@bopper33

#10 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,700 posts

Posted 08 October 2023 - 10:48 PM

It’s a safe space folks. Come on in.

@bopper33

#11 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 01:07 AM

Also — and I’m not sure (truly) how much autonomy he has — if Elias doesn’t start getting serious about off season and deadline acquisitions I'm fine with buying him a bus pass to Montana.

The only defense I would say about that is that it may not all be up to him.  Remember who the ownership is.  The Angelos family is a crap ownership family that only cares about money.   Elias may have a lot of things in mind, any of them that takes investing Angelos dollars will probably be vetoed.  

• SonicAttack likes this

#12 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,653 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 09 October 2023 - 06:00 AM

I can’t wait to be rid of Adam Frazier, Jack Flaherty, and hopefully Hays, Urias, and Mateo too. Bryan Baker should be sent to the sun.
  • SonicAttack likes this

#13 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 06:09 AM

I never want to see Bryan Baker throw another pitch in the Orioles organization.

Jacob Webb can go pound sand, too.

Lamar's late game fumbles/ interceptions are so predictable it's almost comical.

Rashod Bateman and OBJ can go as well. And Stanley. And how is Falale an NFL level player? Dude is atrocious.

Baker on the playoff roster was a head scratcher. He wasn't even pitching well in the minors. Webb was great when he 1at showed up. Has lost it starting with the last couple of weeks of the season.

Missed too many opportunities vs Steelers. Too many dropped passes to blame Lamar early. Then late short armed the ball to Beckham. He puts that pass up high he either catches it or its an incompletion. Steelers D ends won the game. Although TJ Watt is a dirty player. It seems if he misses a play he still hits someone after. The late pass where it looked like he punched the WR after the incompletion.

#14 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,738 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 06:10 AM

I also hate this. I hate that I had to make this thread.

0-4

Massive weekend.

0-4 with a PAINFUL loss to our biggest rival.

I mean really? Seriously?

Laughable

Could it have really happened any other way, though?

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#15 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,738 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 06:17 AM

Had a great start to the weekend. My anniversary was friday so the wife and I went downtown got a room and went out to Marta which was delicious. We saw Bradish walking home and said hi. Popped around a couple other places. Started to have some real hometown pride despite all the negativity surrounding the city. It just felt electric. 

The weather sucked on Saturday morning but went to Peter's Pour House to pregame. Wound up running into friends I didn't know were going to the game. So that was great. The delay gave us some extra time to hang out at 771. Everything was going fine until 2 PM

Crowd was electric on Saturday, Most hyped crowd ever. Despite the crowds everything ran smoothly. Getting in, getting out, concessions, bathrooms, etc. The only thing that sucked was the result.

Then the Ravens game yesterday was the gut punch. Just an abysmal game all the way around. Now I'm in full blown existential sports fan crisis. Why do I do this to myself? Should I move to a city with better sports teams and try to jump on their bandwagon? 

Now I know the O's are losing. Full pity party. And they didn't let me down. But the Ravens game...man that is going to take some time to process. The Orioles were just beaten. The Ravens beat themselves like they always do. Just picked the worst weekend to do it.

I wish I could go off the grid to somewhere warm with a beach for like a month after that weekend. Nope. Right back to work.

Oh and I'll lose my FF game too.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#16 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,644 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 06:29 AM

"Its just sports". When my grandfather said that to me as a kid I would get so mad. The hell its just a game. Perspectives change. It still sucks but it doesnt suck as bad as it used to and ultimately Im glad it doesnt. Not being preachy. Dont let that stop any of yall from freaking out. Ive been there and still can find it in me to go there from time to time.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#17 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,372 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 07:28 AM

I'm feeling fairly indifferent this morning about the Orioles.  They had a great season, was fun for even me to follow and that's saying something considering how much I detest the way the sport is played today.  They have a pipeline of talented, young players that will hopefully be here long term.  But I never thought they were World Series bound and once football started, it was hard for me to care much.  Still, I feel bad for the fans out there and the posters here that still love baseball, especially after enduring so many horrible years.  Maybe there will be some magic dust left in the air and the Orioles can at least get back into this series with a couple of wins.

The Ravens on the other hand are becoming the bane of my existence with each passing year. Even in games they win, they never really look like a team that is dominant or going to be at any point.  They win despite themselves and lose because of their seemingly limitless capacity for stupidity and self-destruction.  Yesterday's loss was beyond brutal.  It still has me angry and making me question my love for the sport or why I even subject myself to this garbage every year.  I know, I know...there's a lot worse teams out there, the Ravens are always in the play-off hunt, blah, blah, blah....but at what point does this team ever comprehend what it takes to be truly elite?  If I hear Harbaugh or any of these imbecile players say, "we just need to keep getting better" one more frickin time, I'm going to go bat shit crazy.  Change the GD mantra, John!  It's a joke.  Your "awe shucks", "I love these guys" persona is a joke.  Nobody takes you seriously.  Get mad at these players.  Call them out.  Make them accountable.  Make yourself accountable.  Quit playing politician and figure out in your dense head what it takes to go to the next level.  I've for the most part defended Harbaugh as a good coach but I have to admit it's getting old.  How many lost seasons is it going to take before Bisciotti realizes this train is going nowhere.  I remember when I had my fill of Billick and was actually routing for the Ravens to keep losing in 2007 to finally get him out of here.  I'm quickly getting to that point again.  Pretty sad when you start hoping for losses in order to blow the foundation up and force your owner to finally pull the sheet over it.  But that's how I feel on this Monday morning, desperately trying to wash the bad taste out of my mouth. 

#18 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,644 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 07:34 AM

I also truly feel like none of us are ever seeing an Os title. Hell, OPACY opened in 1992 and it’s never even hosted a WS game!

Since the 1983 title the Os are 3-12 (I think) in the ALCS

Sometimes you just have to accept your fate. Millions of Red Sox and Cubs fans died without ever seeing a title. That’s us. If you remember ‘66 and ‘70 and ‘83 I’m jealous. I was alive in ‘83 but I was crapping in a diaper.

We ain’t ever seeing a title. God dislikes us.

Lets find another OPACY postseason win before we talk about a WS win. Baby steps. 200,000 were in the stands for the Delmon game and at this point you understand why that number keeps growing. 9+ years later its the last time the Os won a postseason game at home

#19 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,253 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 09 October 2023 - 07:54 AM

I remain absolutely baffled by the asinine decision to bring your worst reliever (Baker) in at that point of the game.
  • NewMarketSean, Nigel Tufnel, DuffMan and 1 other like this

#20 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,978 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 07:59 AM

I remain absolutely baffled by the asinine decision to bring your worst reliever (Baker) in at that point of the game.

The only explanation I can think of is that it was a giant middle finger from Hyde to Elias for putting him on the roster in the first place. 

Ironic that Baker was only on the roster because of Fuji's control issues, and he immediately walked the bases loaded.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=