Photo

EDIT: Orioles & State Reach Reach Tentative 30-year Lease Deal (Maybe Not)

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#101 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,440 posts

Posted 18 December 2023 - 04:45 PM

And PA never sold those naming rights, interesting.

Peter was more interested in being beloved, John is more interested in money. IMO. Not that Peter wasn’t interested in money, but he would do more than the bare minimum.

#102 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,515 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 18 December 2023 - 04:45 PM

I thought I remembered that correctly. If memory serves, Peter immediately released a statement that he had no intentions of selling the rights. His son may not share his father's philosophy on that matter.

It happened after the Ravens sold the name of the stadium to PSI. Pete wanted the ability to sell naming rights under the equal treatment clause, MSA said no. I forget the details of how the dispute was settled, but Pete won. His reasoning was even though he had no intention of selling naming rights, having the ability to boosted the franchise's value.

• Nigel Tufnel likes this

#103 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 18 December 2023 - 05:27 PM

Brooke Lierman, Maryland’s comptroller, says at a press conference celebrating a new lease agreement that she looks forward to the Orioles’ recruitment of a new veteran starting pitcher this winter

Pretty dumb comment but its a politician. Could have added must sign Adley & Gunnar yo 10 yr extensions.to the deal .

• BaltBird 24 likes this

#104 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,841 posts

Posted 18 December 2023 - 06:12 PM

Pretty dumb comment but its a politician. Could have added must sign Adley & Gunnar yo 10 yr extensions.to the deal .

To be fair, it's probably the least idiotic thing a politician has ever said.

#105 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,971 posts

Posted 18 December 2023 - 07:27 PM

Yeah, it's actually pretty rare for a politician to show even basic understanding of a sport and its terminology, so this is a win.

#106 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,515 posts

Posted 18 December 2023 - 07:53 PM

Clearly a political neophyte who, A) doesn’t realize dumping cash in John’s lap does not result in him spending for good players, and B) probably doesn’t get her on his good side for one of the very few things he does write checks for….campaigns.

#107 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 19 December 2023 - 02:09 PM

I haven't seen any details on this property deal that needs to be settled by 2027. I hope if the Angelos family still owns the team then there isn't some kind of opt out clause if they can't build a Buffalo Wild Wings or something.

#108 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,971 posts

Posted 19 December 2023 - 03:32 PM

A very limited audience will care about this, but a copy of the Orioles lease says the team plans to relocate the lower press box (where writers sit) to create a home plate restaurant and club with new seating. Goodbye, at some point, to one of the best press box views around...

#109 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,322 posts

Posted 19 December 2023 - 03:35 PM

A very limited audience will care about this, but a copy of the Orioles lease says the team plans to relocate the lower press box (where writers sit) to create a home plate restaurant and club with new seating. Goodbye, at some point, to one of the best press box views around...

Sat in the press box a few times.  Gave tours there too. 
Great views. 

#110 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,841 posts

Posted 19 December 2023 - 04:07 PM

Andy Kostka@afkostka

He's right. We don't care. The days of sportswriters following teams is as outdated as the dinosaur.

#111 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,515 posts

Posted 19 December 2023 - 04:11 PM

Read the Ravens are doing the same, moving it from the 50 to a corner to make way for premium seating. Guess that’s the “equality clause.”

#112 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 19 December 2023 - 04:11 PM

Not sure I'd want to eat at that home plate restaurant, particularly not now with the pitch clock.

#113 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 19 December 2023 - 06:17 PM

I haven't seen any details on this property deal that needs to be settled by 2027. I hope if the Angelos family still owns the team then there isn't some kind of opt out clause if they can't build a Buffalo Wild Wings or something.

There is an opt out clause

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#114 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 21 December 2023 - 07:00 AM

There is an opt out clause

Hopefully they sell before that.

• weird-O likes this

#115 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,971 posts

Posted 21 December 2023 - 08:33 AM

Hopefully they sell before that.

You wouldn't expect PA to live to 109, but who knows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=