• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#21 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 30 September 2023 - 11:32 AM

Balt Sun: Ravens’ Rashod Bateman, Odell Beckham Jr., David Ojabo, Odafe Oweh out Sunday vs. Browns; Ronnie Stanley doubtful

Stanley doubtful? Yikes.

#22 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 30 September 2023 - 05:39 PM

Njoku out for the Browns after burning his arms and face trying to light a fire pit.

I need more details.

I think you’re supposed to stop after the second can of lighter fluid.
@BSLMikeRandall

#23 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 30 September 2023 - 06:59 PM

So this all depends on Watson's status.  As dismal as he has been since coming to Cleveland, he has shown flashes and probably had his best game as a Brown last week.  If Watson can't go, huge edge to the Ravens.  Cleveland would be without their QB and Chubb.  

Cleveland's defense has been awesome.  They've allowed only 466 total yards in 3 games!  That's incredible.  They've only allowed 1 touchdown and 18 total points to the opposition offense in 3 games.  They held Derrick Henry to 20 yards rushing last week.  I fully suspect they will pressure Lamar Jackson big time tomorrow.  They have to know if there is a way to slow him down it's with relentless pressure, he doesn't handle it well.  He makes bad decisions and turns the ball over if you can get after him.  And with the Ravens offensive line problems it should give the Browns an edge.  Certainly doesn't help that once again Lamar has only one dependable receiver plus Mark Andrews to count on.  Amazing that it didn't even take a quarter of the season for OBJ and Bateman to check out with injuries.  Any time you play Lamar Jackson, he is the most dynamic player on the field, but you can key on him when there are so few other weapons.  If I'm Cleveland I put my best corner on Flowers, Focus my other coverage on Andrews, and key on Jackson all day long.  Gus Edwards, and anyone else in the passing game won't beat me.  

By comparison, the Ravens defense has been good, but not that good.  Cleveland has been shut down good.  They would be 3-0 if Watson hadn't given Pittsburgh's defense 14 points off of turnovers.  If Watson plays, I expect a tight game, ugly at times but ultimately a Cleveland win at home 23-13.   If Watson doesn't play, I will flip the script.  The whole game will be ugly and the Ravens come out of it with a 13-9 win.  All depends on who starts for Cleveland at QB.  

#24 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 30 September 2023 - 07:35 PM

If Watson has a shoulder injury then he might not be much better than his backup.

The Browns have been great on defense. But Pickett, Tannehill, or injured Burrow weren’t exactly scary. Lamar is always potentially the best player out there, if good Lamar shows up they should win.

#25 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 30 September 2023 - 11:32 PM

Good Lamar, bad Lamar is really not about him, imo.   Good Lamar shows up when defenses don't pressure him.  When they do bring max pressure, he throws into coverage trying to make a play, or he takes a bad sack when he should have thrown the ball away, or he tries to do too much and loses the football.  Cleveland can turn Lamar into bad Lamar because they have the defense that can bring pressure all day.  The only question in my mind is who is QB for Cleveland.  Watson can at least move the ball.  His backup will not be experienced enough to move the ball on the Ravens even with their defensive injuries.  

#26 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 01 October 2023 - 09:57 AM

BSL: Week 4 Preview Ravens at Cleveland Browns

BSL: Third and Long: Lo / Hi

#27 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 01 October 2023 - 10:05 AM

If Watson has a shoulder injury then he might not be much better than his backup.

The Browns have been great on defense. But Pickett, Tannehill, or injured Burrow weren’t exactly scary. Lamar is always potentially the best player out there, if good Lamar shows up they should win.

Watson is out. 

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#28 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 01 October 2023 - 10:22 AM

Watson is out. 

The door just opened. If the Ravens don't slam it shut, they should ashamed of themselves.
  • BaltBird 24 likes this

#29 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,653 posts

Posted 01 October 2023 - 10:23 AM

Zero reason not to beat Cleveland without Watson and Chubb.

#30 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 01 October 2023 - 10:27 AM

Zero reason not to beat Cleveland without Watson and Chubb.

The offense should certainly get some additional possessions and short fields today.

Get an early lead.

#31 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 01 October 2023 - 10:58 AM

Celebrating my daughter's birthday today, so I won't be on today. Let's see if we can steal one in Cleveland...go Ravens!!!
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#32 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 01 October 2023 - 11:08 AM

Celebrating my daughter's birthday today, so I won't be on today. Let's see if we can steal one in Cleveland...go Ravens!!!

If you daughter is a football/Ravens fan, hopefully, she'll get a victory for her birthday! 

#33 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,202 posts

Posted 01 October 2023 - 11:13 AM

With Watson being out, I'm going Ravens 16-9.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#34 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,479 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 October 2023 - 11:18 AM

Steal one? What are we doing here?

#35 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 01 October 2023 - 11:51 AM

With no Watson I have to go with the Ravens  20-9.  I'll give the Ravens another TD via a pick 6.  

But seriously, they can't lose this game.  How lucky have they been to open the season against these 4 QBs?   Game 1:  Rookie making 1st start,  Game 2: Injured Joe Burrow who missed all of camp,  Game 3: Colts starter out, backup in,  Game 4: Watson out, backup rookie making his first NFL appearance.  Should be 4-0 against that stretch of QBs, but at the very least 3-1.  Serious contenders will not be 2-2 against these 4 QBs and you can't lose back to back games to Garner Minshew and Dorian Thompson-Robinson.  

• BaltBird 24 likes this

#36 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,653 posts

Posted 01 October 2023 - 11:54 AM

I mean, it's a week to week league and anything can happen on the road, but definitely no excuse to lose this one. Cleveland defense still stout, though.

#37 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 01 October 2023 - 11:56 AM

Ravens 13. Browns 6

#38 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,825 posts

Posted 01 October 2023 - 11:58 AM

Gotta win. Avoid big mistakes and should be a clear, if not resounding, win.

#39 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 01 October 2023 - 12:03 PM

Ravens starting on offense.

#40 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts