• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,156 posts

Posted 27 September 2023 - 08:32 AM

ESPN's Match-Up Predictor gives the Ravens a 53.7% chance of winning. 

Cleveland is a 2.5 point favorite. 

The Over / Under is 41.

The Bank: Previewing Week 4 at Cleveland

https://podcasters.s...eveland-e29r174

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,156 posts

Posted 28 September 2023 - 09:12 AM

Balt Sun: Ravens vs. Browns scouting report for Week 4: Who has the edge?

#3 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 29 September 2023 - 07:20 AM

I still say before the season's over, they'll be back to playing Roman ball offensively.  They'll eventually find out by the midway point that this isn't going to be any aerial extravaganza and return to doing what they do best.  Harbaugh is a hard head so it will probably take 8 or 9 games to get to that point, especially if they're sitting at 5-4 and spinning their wheels.  I never bought into this passing renaissance because Lamar is still Lamar and that comes with various limitations, not to mention the difficulty of keeping these guys on the field healthy.  If they can keep Edwards from being injured for any extended period and Mitchell shows what he can do once off IR, that is still their best bet to make the playoffs.    CLEVELAND 20; RAVENS 17 

#4 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 29 September 2023 - 07:38 AM

Thing is, they don't have to display any sort of aerial extravaganza in my opinion.  Their best regular season in franchise history was a diverse running game with a lot of misdirection even in the run game, which opened up a lot of space for receiving targets downfield for what WAS actually a very potent and pretty accurate passing game (because LBs and Safeties eventually start to peek in the backfield and hesitate just enough to let receivers find space).  

This needs to be a run heavy, run first offense again.  In theory.  Ending week 3 with ALL THREE of your top RBs on the bench isn't ideal.  And your top C and fragile LT both sidelined didn't help either.  But folks (coaches) need to embrace the strengths of what their personnel do best, and run with it, pun intended.  Ball control, a lot of running in a lot of different ways, time of possession, field position, take 3s when you can, and bend-don't-break defense.  Who gives a chit whether fans or mediots think it's exciting?  It wins.

• jamesdean likes this

#5 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 29 September 2023 - 07:46 AM

Thing is, they don't have to display any sort of aerial extravaganza in my opinion.  Their best regular season in franchise history was a diverse running game with a lot of misdirection even in the run game, which opened up a lot of space for receiving targets downfield for what WAS actually a very potent and pretty accurate passing game (because LBs and Safeties eventually start to peek in the backfield and hesitate just enough to let receivers find space).  

This needs to be a run heavy, run first offense again.  In theory.  Ending week 3 with ALL THREE of your top RBs on the bench isn't ideal.  And your top C and fragile LT both sidelined didn't help either.  But folks (coaches) need to embrace the strengths of what their personnel do best, and run with it, pun intended.  Ball control, a lot of running in a lot of different ways, time of possession, field position, take 3s when you can, and bend-don't-break defense.  Who gives a chit whether fans or mediots think it's exciting?  It wins.

Your last paragraph says it all- Roman ball and yes, it's the best way to go if they want to make the play-offs.  They'll come around to that eventually.  It will probably take a few losses and evolving, passing futility before Harbaugh/Monken wake up. 

#6 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,100 posts

Posted 29 September 2023 - 07:48 AM

I still say before the season's over, they'll be back to playing Roman ball offensively.  They'll eventually find out by the midway point that this isn't going to be any aerial extravaganza and return to doing what they do best.  Harbaugh is a hard head so it will probably take 8 or 9 games to get to that point, especially if they're sitting at 5-4 and spinning their wheels.  I never bought into this passing renaissance because Lamar is still Lamar and that comes with various limitations, not to mention the difficulty of keeping these guys on the field healthy.  If they can keep Edwards from being injured for any extended period and Mitchell shows what he can do once off IR, that is still their best bet to make the playoffs.    CLEVELAND 20; RAVENS 17 

Late in that Colts game it  was pretty reminiscent of Roman ball. A lot of handoffs and Lamar runs.  Except they didnt run the ball well when they handed it off. They showed virtually no interest in trying to pass the ball. Except the last two plays to Lilkely (SMH for the drop) and Zay(SMH for the non call on an obvious PI)

WHo knows what CLe team shows up but their D is legit and Watson can be good. I think this is either an ugly slugfest or Cle controls and wins relatively comfortably. My guess is the former because I kinda believe in this Ravens D. 

Ravens-17

Cle-13

#7 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,553 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 29 September 2023 - 08:55 AM

Browns 16
Ravens 10

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#8 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 29 September 2023 - 09:40 AM

I think it will be close and low scoring. Their defense is great. I didn't see their game last week, but the stats show a completely different team without Chubb and I have little faith in Watson despite him being good last week. Depends on which Ravens offense shows up. Getting some players back would be nice. I'd take the Ravens and the under.

#9 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 29 September 2023 - 10:04 AM

It's not Roman ball. Even though they went conservative at the end of the Colts game, Monken runs the ball out of 11 personnel, rather than 22, 23, telegraphing it like Roman does. Always running to the motion side, no misdirection.

Monken at least isn't telegraphing as much. Although on one of the plays late in the game they motioned Ricard and the defense shifted to that side and they ran right into a brick wall. 

Ravens 31 - Browns 13. The NFL Is a week to week, unpredictable league. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#10 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,553 posts

Posted 29 September 2023 - 10:15 AM

If we score 31 points on the road against that defense I’ll Venmo you $5
  • BSLChrisStoner and Mike in STL like this

@bopper33

#11 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,481 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 September 2023 - 10:18 AM

So we paid Lamar $260M to go lay down against a good defense? I think not. No excuses, they need to produce this weekend. They’re Cleveland. They’ll always be Cleveland. You also don’t anoint any unit of any team in week 3.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#12 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,156 posts

Posted 29 September 2023 - 10:27 AM

It's good that Edwards looks ready.

Stanley, and Linderbaum playing or not (and how ready they are) will obviously be telling.

Will Hill be active?  That's blitz pickup, speed, and a receiving outlet. 

Williams being back is a bonus, but losing Hamilton is an obvious loss. 

No Odjabo or Oweh to help set the edge, though perhaps that matters less with no Chubb for Cleveland. 

Watson coming off his first solid looking game.  Will be interesting to see how he looks. 

Where is the pass rush coming from? 

Offensively, Ravens going to go big, with Ricard or will they go with more 3 WR sets (Flowers, Agholor, Duvernay) and try and pull defenders from the box?

How do the Ravens and Jackson hold up against the blitz?

Then the same as always...

- Ball control.

- Who wins on 3rd down.

- Who wins in the RZ. 

It's a division game.  Always seems to be tight and physical regardless of who's available. 

Really wish they had won the game last week they should have. 

It's an opportunity to get another road division W. 

Jackson has to be the best player on the field.

#13 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,481 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 September 2023 - 11:17 AM

TETZp1f.jpg

#14 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,553 posts

Posted 29 September 2023 - 11:19 AM

Lol I think Chris Towers blocked me on twitter ages ago.  Dude is UBER sensitive.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

@bopper33

#15 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 29 September 2023 - 02:00 PM

Dorian Thompson-Robinson would start if Watson can't.  I know, WTH is that?  Couldn't tell you. 

#16 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,156 posts

Posted 29 September 2023 - 02:07 PM

Dorian Thompson-Robinson would start if Watson can't.  I know, WTH is that?  Couldn't tell you. 

https://en.wikipedia...ompson-Robinson

#17 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 29 September 2023 - 02:11 PM

Mary Kay Cabot (long time Browns beat writer) says that Watson says he's playing, for what it's worth. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of each of them.

#18 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 29 September 2023 - 02:39 PM

Mary Kay Cabot (long time Browns beat writer) says that Watson says he's playing, for what it's worth. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of each of them.

Ordinarily with his shoulder bothering him, I'd say expect a heavy dose of Chubb but since that's no longer the case, this could be a prime chance for the Ravens defense to put on a dominating performance.  The question is, will the offense be able to match it?  

#19 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,100 posts

Posted 29 September 2023 - 06:23 PM

Lol I think Chris Towers blocked me on twitter ages ago. Dude is UBER sensitive.

Start the list with who hasnt blocked you. It'll be shorter. But I love the thought of Cerrano trolling on X. Keep it going.

#20 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,553 posts

Posted 29 September 2023 - 06:42 PM

Start the list with who hasnt blocked you. It'll be shorter. But I love the thought of Cerrano trolling on X. Keep it going.

I remember it had something to do with Aaron judge and injuries. He said Judge wasn’t injury prone and like two days later he got hurt…again. I called him out and BLOCKED

@bopper33

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=