#1 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,775 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 19 September 2023 - 10:01 AM

Understanding that there's still work to do to capture the first division title in 9 years and then high intensity games in October but how incredible has this O's season been thus far?

Not only was it a painful rebuild but the renaissance of '12-'18 under Buck and Duquette ended so abruptly and short circuited the purging of all of the nonsense during the 14 straight losing seasons. These factors are making this year that much more enjoyable.

For me, there's also a bittersweet component to this. Some of you on the board may know that I lost my father to ALS on March 11, 2020. My dad was my dude and he instilled in me an undying love and passion for Baltimore sports. I only wish he was here to witness and enjoy the fruits of this rebuild. I think about him everyday and even 3 plus years since his passing, I still have an urge to call him to talk about the previous night's game.

Anyway, just wanted to say a quick thing about my old man and say how much fun this ride has been so far. I hope everyone else is taking this all in because seasons like this are awfully special.
  • You Play to Win the Game, Mike B, NewMarketSean and 9 others like this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#2 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,903 posts

Posted 19 September 2023 - 11:00 AM

I am having a blast. As excited for the postseason I am I also dont want this season to end.

• PrimeTime likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#3 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,641 posts

Posted 19 September 2023 - 11:07 AM

Its def important to "soak it in". Os have gotten so much better in their PR department. Anyway, as you start to get older you learn not to take things for granted and appreciate the ride. Its stressful at times, but there is nothing like meaningful games in Sept and Aug.
  • PrimeTime likes this

#4 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,903 posts

Posted 19 September 2023 - 11:08 AM

Its def important to "soak in in". Os have gotten so much better in their PR department. Anyway, as you start to get older you learn not to take things for granted and appreciate the ride. Its stressful at times, but there is nothing like meaningful games in Sept and Aug.

I agree the Soak it in commercials have been great. We've come a long way from Maximum Izturis.

• glenn__davis likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 19 September 2023 - 11:18 AM

I bought tix to Wednesday's day game in Houston. I missed them when they played the Rangers, so this will be my first O's game of the season. 

• BSLSteveBirrer and ivanbalt like this

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#6 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,004 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 19 September 2023 - 11:22 AM

Got my playoff tix this morning.

Fired up.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#7 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 19 September 2023 - 11:27 AM

The most fun season I can remember.  But it has also been the most stressful.  Been waiting for that other shoe to drop all season long.  But I've certainly enjoyed it plenty as well.

BTW I'm pretty sure we're on a 5 game postseason losing streak right?  The 4-game sweep in 2014 and then the WC game in 2016.  Let's make quick work of ending that as well.

• BSLSteveBirrer likes this

#8 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,775 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 19 September 2023 - 04:38 PM

Got my playoff tix this morning.

Fired up.

That's awesome. The Mrs and I were going to get a season plan for next year but we got hit with some medical bills, so those plans are on hold.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#9 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,004 posts

Posted 19 September 2023 - 05:48 PM

That's awesome. The Mrs and I were going to get a season plan for next year but we got hit with some medical bills, so those plans are on hold.

Hope all is well

@bopper33

#10 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,775 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 19 September 2023 - 08:58 PM

Hope all is well

Thanks. Getting better now. I'm recovering from 3rd shoulder surgery in the last 18 months and my 11 year old fell climbing a tree a broke both of his wrists. We're on the mend but the cost of getting hurt is rough!!
@primetime667083

#11 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 19 September 2023 - 10:35 PM

Thanks. Getting better now. I'm recovering from 3rd shoulder surgery in the last 18 months and my 11 year old fell climbing a tree a broke both of his wrists. We're on the mend but the cost of getting hurt is rough!!

Thanks for getting me to call and talk to my dad about baseball, we can't take our time for granted.

Hope your family heals up, sounds like a rough time. My 11 year old went to the hospital earlier this year with blood problems (he's fine now) so I can empathize, nothing is worse than kids in pain.

• You Play to Win the Game, Mike B and PrimeTime like this

#12 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,775 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 20 September 2023 - 12:48 PM

Thanks for getting me to call and talk to my dad about baseball, we can't take our time for granted.

Hope your family heals up, sounds like a rough time. My 11 year old went to the hospital earlier this year with blood problems (he's fine now) so I can empathize, nothing is worse than kids in pain.

Glad everything is OK now. It's tough when the kids are hurting but to their credit, kids are tough as nails. My son was a better patient than I was. Lol
@primetime667083

#13 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 24 September 2023 - 06:30 PM

3 games away from 100 wins and the best record in the AL. Wow. How far we've come in such a short time.

#14 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

Posted 24 September 2023 - 06:40 PM

It's been a blast, but my blood pressure says otherwise.

• PrimeTime likes this

#15 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,210 posts

Posted 24 September 2023 - 09:00 PM

This, so far, has been my favorite season of my lifetime.

#16 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 24 September 2023 - 09:17 PM

I'm being greedy but now I want to clinch the division after an O's win instead of a Rays loss so they can celebrate like they did after clinching a playoff slot.

#17 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,607 posts

Posted 24 September 2023 - 10:11 PM

I think I enjoyed the 2012 team just a tad bit more because it'd been so long since we played any meaningful baseball.
  • mdrunning likes this

#18 Don Quixote

Don Quixote

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,056 posts

Posted 24 September 2023 - 10:21 PM

I haven't seen as many games as I'd like, but I like what I've seen. Supplementing the watching with more reading has actually given it a sort of '89 feel that way for me, except in '89 I could listen on the radio (no reliable affiliate within range here) and the season was a little more unexpected, to say the least. I really want to see them get to 100 wins (and beyond) - hasn't happened in my lifetime. Of course, I also want them to get the ultimate prize, though I know I won't get to see any of that in person if it happens (live at least a four-hour drive away and can't afford it, to boot). It would also be nice to have one I'm old enough to remember properly. I'm ready for more fun, that's for sure.

#19 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,004 posts

Posted 24 September 2023 - 10:50 PM

This, so far, has been my favorite season of my lifetime.

Mine is still 1997 or 2012. 97 because I was young and really thought we were winning it all. 2012 because I never actually thought we would ever be relevant again

2023 has plenty of time to change my mind!

@bopper33

#20 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,702 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 25 September 2023 - 08:25 AM

66, 70, and 83. Ways to go to get into that club. But this is dang fun for sure.

• Mike B likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=