272 replies to this topic

#261 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,871 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 04:13 PM

Geno Stone played well yet again. Wasn't he a 6th rounder? Great value.

every so often you find one of those guys. I mean Brady was a 4th round pick wasn't he?

#262 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,871 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 04:16 PM

Well, let's see what Cleveland does tomorrow. I'm a little nervous about them, especially if Watson can approach some semblance of the Watson of old.

But no doubt, this was a tremendous win. Especially considering who all we had out. Should be a confidence booster.

Beating the Bengals , I'm not that concerned about the Browns, We beat last year's division winner minus two starting O lineman. 

#263 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 17 September 2023 - 04:39 PM

Cleveland is going to be a tough win for anyone. Great offensive line, top 3 RB, good, mobile QB and good talent in the WR room. On top of a phenomenal defense.

They're Cleveland, so I expect them to mess it up somehow. But they are definitely a very good team.

It's been 7 games now, and Watson hasn't looked anywhere close to the QB he was in Houston.  I'm sure it's in there somewhere but that was an awfully long layoff for him.  It's starting to become increasingly likely that he won't get back to that level of play.

• bmore_ken likes this

#264 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,061 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 04:49 PM

every so often you find one of those guys. I mean Brady was a 4th round pick wasn't he?

6th rounder. Notoriously so.

#265 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 05:12 PM

Lamar now at 47-16 as a starter. The common thread to team success remains Lamar being on the field, regardless of how impressive his stats are game to game or year to year.
  • NewMarketSean and bmore_ken like this

#266 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 07:02 PM

I had no faith in Geno Stone last year. He's growing on me. He had a rough game or two after Williams was out last year but he really picked it up.

Also Ardarius Washington looked pretty solid. He was a UDFA.

Ardarius Washington was a PFF darling. He was something like a top 5 safety and in the 30s on their big board that draft year. But being 5’8” gave teams (and other outlets) pause. He was I think the first UDFA the Ravens announced that year, so they were on it.

Little bit of a learning curve, little bit of finding the playing time. He looks every bit the part right now though.
  • makoman likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#267 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 05:45 AM

Lamar now at 47-16 as a starter. The common thread to team success remains Lamar being on the field, regardless of how impressive his stats are game to game or year to year.

7-1 vs Bengals.

CIN looks like a shell of themselves. Maybe it's because Burrow isn't 100% and looked like he hobbled off the field yesterday. Oh well.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#268 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,871 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 06:27 AM

7-1 vs Bengals.

CIN looks like a shell of themselves. Maybe it's because Burrow isn't 100% and looked like he hobbled off the field yesterday. Oh well.

I said after their game last week that I didn't think Burrow was 100%. 

#269 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 06:29 AM

Also not saying they're dead yet either. The Bengals started 0-2 last year and still made it to the AFCCG.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#270 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 06:35 AM

I said after their game last week that I didn't think Burrow was 100%. 

You can all thank me. Whatever QB I take in the fantasy draft winds up underperforming and usually on IR. Did it for the greater good, and so far it's working...

• bmore_ken likes this

#271 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 September 2023 - 10:34 AM

The Orioles weren't the only Baltimore team that showed heart yesterday.  I was at the Oriole game and was only watching parts of the Ravens game live, but  I did speed through it when I got home last night and Lamar and the offense were big.  Big win, and it immediately leaves the Bengals running uphill.  Way to go Ravens!

@mikeghg

#272 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 September 2023 - 10:39 AM

Did Oweh get hurt.  I sped through the game last night and noticed he was not on the field.  I saw 95 Robinson spelling Clowney and Ojabo.  

@mikeghg

#273 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 10:59 AM

Did Oweh get hurt. I sped through the game last night and noticed he was not on the field. I saw 95 Robinson spelling Clowney and Ojabo.

Yeah, fairly early. Harbs said he didn’t think it was serious, but we’ll see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=