• Please log in to reply
272 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,155 posts

Posted 11 September 2023 - 09:22 AM

ESPN's Match-up Predictor gives the Ravens a 48.2% chance of winning. 

The Bengals are a 3 point favorite. 

The Over / Under is 45.5. 

#2 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 11 September 2023 - 10:29 AM

If Week 1 was any indication, I'd have to take the under in this one. There's a good chance neither team scores 21 points.

#3 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 September 2023 - 10:31 AM

We were sitting in the stands talking before yesterday's game and I said, hopefully we finally get to play the Bengals with a full roster.  That went out the damn window, quickly.

@mikeghg

#4 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,825 posts

Posted 11 September 2023 - 11:37 AM

If Week 1 was any indication, I'd have to take the under in this one. There's a good chance neither team scores 21 points.

Feels like a week where Bengals fans will expect the Ravens to win and Ravens fans will expect the Bengals to win.

• Biggsy and jamesdean like this

#5 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,286 posts

Posted 11 September 2023 - 02:33 PM

Feels like a week where Bengals fans will expect the Ravens to win and Ravens fans will expect the Bengals to win.

A lot of questions from both teams after week 1. I do think Cleveland is a lot better than people think. Especially their defense.

I wouldn't bet on Cincy's offense coming out and throwing up another stinker though. Robert Woods and Nico Collins were finding holes, and beating coverage pretty consistently in the 2nd half. I think everyone would agree Chase, Higgins and Boyd are a couple steps up as far as talent.

I also think the Ravens left a lot on the table offensively. I think Monken and Lamar learned some lessons. Hopefully.

I think both teams look a lot better in week 2.

#6 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 11 September 2023 - 09:11 PM

Cincinnati seems to struggle in their season openers.  Last year Joe Burrow had 5 turnovers and Cincinnati lost in OT to Pittsburgh.  And Cleveland always seems to give them trouble.  Last year they were rolling and Cleveland spanked them on a Monday night.  The year they went to the Superbowl, Cleveland swept their season series.  

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,155 posts

Posted 13 September 2023 - 08:32 AM

The Bank: Previewing Week 2 at Cincinnati 

https://baltimorespo...-at-cincinnati/

#8 BSLMikeFast

BSLMikeFast

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 13 September 2023 - 02:07 PM

BSL: Previewing Week 2 At Cincinnati 

https://baltimorespo...innati-bengals/

@MikeFastNFL

#9 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 13 September 2023 - 02:52 PM

Bengals win. They aren’t nearly as bad as that opening week stinker. Home opener for them. Ravens taking some major hits with the injuries. Not impressed with Monken’s system or Lamar’s decision making. Ghosts of the playoff game looming.

Bengals 27 - Ravens 16
@BSLMikeRandall

#10 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 13 September 2023 - 04:13 PM

Bengals win. They aren’t nearly as bad as that opening week stinker. Home opener for them. Ravens taking some major hits with the injuries. Not impressed with Monken’s system or Lamar’s decision making. Ghosts of the playoff game looming.
Bengals 27 - Ravens 16

I agree with a Bengals victory but I doubt either team scores over 21 points. Both OL's leave a lot to be desired and if they can keep Chase under control, I see the final being 17-13.

#11 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,155 posts

Posted 14 September 2023 - 09:16 AM

Balt Sun: Ravens vs. Bengals scouting report for Week 2: Who has the edge?

#12 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 14 September 2023 - 11:30 AM

I don’t know how it’ll go but I am not expecting a Ravens win. If we do win Lamar has to play a good game. I am worried about our defense especially facing the Bengals WRs.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#13 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,155 posts

Posted 15 September 2023 - 10:01 AM

Balt Sun: Ravens vs. Bengals staff picks: Who will win Sunday’s Week 2 game in Cincinnati?

#14 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,098 posts

Posted 15 September 2023 - 11:37 AM

How healthy is Burrow. I think thats what this game comes down to in the end. If hes 80-90% thats prob good enough to get a win

#15 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,202 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 08:33 AM

Tough one to call for various reasons

Ravens win an ugly game 19-14.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#16 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,155 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 08:45 AM

ESPN's Match-up Predictor gives the Ravens a 48.2% chance of winning. 

The Bengals are a 3 point favorite. 

The Over / Under is 45.5. 

This morning the Bengals are now a 3.5 point favorite. 

ESPN's Match-Up Predictor percentages and the Over / Under have not changed.

#17 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,155 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 11:24 AM

Andrews and Melvin Gordon are active.

#18 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 11:27 AM

This is a good setup for Cincinnati.  It's still them, KC, and Buffalo as the top tier, imo, until someone like the Ravens, Jacksonville, or maybe even Miami proves it later in the season.  The Bengals lost last week but so did KC and Buffalo.   The Ravens won, but they can take care of that today by winning and getting the tiebreaker for now on them.  

The Ravens have some key injuries, especially offensive line.  I would bring a blitz heavy package today if I were the Cincy DC. I'm not fearing the new look Ravens offense just yet.  It didn't look all that potent at home against a bottom feeder team.  Jackson said he would throw for 6,000 yards.  At his current pace the NFL would have to expand to 35 games.  He'll get better, but I'm not ready go all in on this receiver group just yet.  And the loss of Dobbins takes away their gamebreaker threat in the running game, other than Lamar.  

Ravens will keep it close, they won't get blown out, but I see Burrow and Cincy bouncing back at home today.

Cincinnati 27  Baltimore 20

#19 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,098 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 11:34 AM

Again, its about Burrow for me me. If hes close to 100% I think we have a real uphill climb. If he's not, I think the D keeps it close and we could fine a way. I have very little confidence in our offense though.

#20 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,155 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 12:02 PM

Help the line and run the ball. Set up play action.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=