225 replies to this topic

#61 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,286 posts

Posted 04 May 2023 - 02:29 PM

He had nothing today. Hes not ready and they knew this out of ST. But there are no answers.

#62 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,754 posts

Posted 04 May 2023 - 02:29 PM

Team sports you an 8-1 lead and you get beat around like a red headed step child.

#63 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 04 May 2023 - 02:30 PM

Team gonna get smoked by the good teams.

There's no two ways to slice it: the Royals suck. This does not bode well for this coming month. At all.

#64 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,511 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Just never happens for us. I've seen enough where I think Grayson will definitely be quite good. But the young stud P prospect coming up and hitting the ground running? That's something for other teams I guess. Just never happens here.

#65 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,286 posts

Rofl reading into like that. Det just swept the Mets. Its baseball. Each day is a new one.

#66 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,603 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Complete disappointment

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#67 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,286 posts

Posted 04 May 2023 - 02:32 PM

Just never happens for us. I've seen enough where I think Grayson will definitely be quite good. But the young stud P prospect coming up and hitting the ground running? That's something for other teams I guess. Just never happens here.

Its rare in general.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#68 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,286 posts

Posted 04 May 2023 - 02:32 PM

Perez has to go. He cant get lefties

#69 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 04 May 2023 - 02:34 PM

Rofl reading into like that. Det just swept the Mets. Its baseball. Each day is a new one.

What the Tigers did or didn't do to the Mets has zero bearing with what I said. 

#70 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,286 posts

Posted 04 May 2023 - 02:35 PM

Still believe. Its irrational if youre like give Gunnar time and he will be alright but because its a SP youre all scared and already calling GRod a bust. Stuff will play. Has to figure out the control and command. I actually think hes taken a step back from his first few starts. Those starts I felt like he was close and just missing on some piches. Just command basically. Of late, Det game withstanding which I didnt see much of, he hasnt had much control or command. He looks lost. He didnt look lost the first few games.

#71 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,754 posts

Posted 04 May 2023 - 02:35 PM

Atlanta will show us how to develop pitching.

#72 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,754 posts

Posted 04 May 2023 - 02:36 PM

Offense gonna go silent now. Lose a game with an 8-1 lead.

#73 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,286 posts

Posted 04 May 2023 - 02:36 PM

What the Tigers did or didn't do to the Mets has zero bearing with what I said.

They arent going to get on just because they play "good" teams. Its stupid logic. They will struggle at times . Its inevitable. Maybe its the stretch they are about to embark on but its far from a given.

#74 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,511 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 May 2023 - 02:37 PM

Its rare in general.

Happens with 3-5 guys a year. Probably more. Never here. It isn't THAT rare. Not at Grayson's level. I already said I think he'll be good. But it's still annoying that he isn't yet.

#75 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 04 May 2023 - 02:39 PM

Still believe. Its irrational if youre like give Gunnar time and he will be alright but because its a SP youre all scared and already calling GRod a bust. Stuff will play. Has to figure out the control and command. I actually think hes taken a step back from his first few starts. Those starts I felt like he was close and just missing on some piches. Just command basically. Of late, Det game withstanding which I didnt see much of, he hasnt had much control or command. He looks lost. He didnt look lost the first few games.

I don't like Adley DHing games when their blue chip rookie is on the mound. Hindsight suggests Adley should've DH'd last night. 

#76 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,286 posts

Happens with 3-5 guys a year. Probably more. Never here. It isn't THAT rare. Not at Grayson's level. I already said I think he'll be good. But it's still annoying that he isn't yet.

It is rare or you are just tracking flash in the pans that do it for maybe 10 starts or 15 starts but dont maintain. Ill give you all the top pitching prospects and how they break in. Its rare to hit the ground running and maintain.

#77 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,754 posts

Jesus stfu. It doesnt have to be every god damn game. My god is this shit annoying every fucking day.

It's a game thread. It's for venting. Go cry about Willard wasting his time on Dickinson.

#78 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,286 posts

Posted 04 May 2023 - 02:41 PM

It's a game thread. It's for venting. Go cry about Willard wasting his time on Dickinson.

Its every fucking night every time 1 single is hit. We are fucking 20-10 and you do it every damn game. How is that even possible.

#79 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 04 May 2023 - 02:41 PM

They arent going to get shit on just because they play "good" teams. Its stupid logic. They will struggle at times . Its inevitable. Maybe its the stretch they are about to embark on but its far from a given.

Now you're insulting even your own intelligence. 

I'm saying that if an offense as paltry as KC's can rock O's SP in two of three games, it doesn't bode well considering the lumber that lay ahead the rest of this month. 

#80 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,511 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 May 2023 - 02:42 PM

It is rare or you are just tracking flash in the pans that do it for maybe 10 starts or 15 starts but dont maintain. Ill give you all the top pitching prospects and how they break in. Its rare to hit the ground running and maintain.

You don't need to do that because I'm well aware that it's rare. Understood.

It also never happens here. Where is the disagreement exactly? Why the need to push back here? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=