#61 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,304 posts

Posted 03 May 2023 - 08:23 PM

Unacceptable effort.

It better be OHearn for this stupid 3rd catcher. I was with good with Stowers not playing much to start the year. Not now. Its his turn vs righties. Has to be OHearn who is pointless.
  • BobPhelan and NewMarketSean like this

#62 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,777 posts

Posted 03 May 2023 - 08:25 PM

Yup. They haven't done it often this year but they mailed it in against a significantly inferior team. It happens. The 2018-2021 Orioles even won some games.

#63 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,304 posts

Posted 03 May 2023 - 08:29 PM

Akin cant get back Norfolk soon enough

#64 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,304 posts

Posted 03 May 2023 - 08:30 PM

BTW lol at Amir Garrett showing up Baker.

#65 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 03 May 2023 - 08:38 PM

BTW lol at Amir Garrett showing up Baker.

Gotta take it if you’re gonna dish it.

Goodbye Akin and O’Hearn.

#66 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,935 posts

Posted 03 May 2023 - 08:39 PM

Well at least it was quick.

#67 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,304 posts

Posted 03 May 2023 - 08:44 PM

Gotta take it if you’re gonna dish it.

Goodbye Akin and O’Hearn.

Oh I was laughing at Baker. His ass wont do that against the good teams. Its weak sauce

#68 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,304 posts

Posted 03 May 2023 - 09:21 PM

I missed the exact scenario Hyde pulled Stowers but was it freaking necessary. Im thinking it was a low lev spot and he did it just because omg lefty coming in lets take him out for McKenna. Who he again PHs for with 2 outs in the 9th. Like what are we doing. Im not even being hyperbolic. The guy overmanages worse than any big league manager Ive seen. Granted, I prob dont watch enough outside of the Os but come the F on.

#69 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,607 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 03 May 2023 - 09:57 PM

Bad game all around. It happens.

The ‘98 Yankees lost 4 of their first 5 games — outscored 29-6 in the losses.

Get em tomorrow with Grayson. Afternoon game. Play some Thursday hookey and watch.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#70 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,935 posts

Posted 04 May 2023 - 07:10 AM

I missed the exact scenario Hyde pulled Stowers but was it freaking necessary. Im thinking it was a low lev spot and he did it just because omg lefty coming in lets take him out for McKenna. Who he again PHs for with 2 outs in the 9th. Like what are we doing. Im not even being hyperbolic. The guy overmanages worse than any big league manager Ive seen. Granted, I prob dont watch enough outside of the Os but come the F on.

I generally agree, but I also really doubt it's Hyde drawing up the playbook.  I think he's largely executing a flowchart that's created and handed down from above.  

• mweb08 likes this

#71 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 May 2023 - 08:33 AM

I generally agree, but I also really doubt it's Hyde drawing up the playbook.  I think he's largely executing a flowchart that's created and handed down from above.  

But wait, let's not criticize anyone above Hyde.

• mweb08 likes this
@mikeghg

#72 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 May 2023 - 08:35 AM

Bad game all around. It happens.

The ‘98 Yankees lost 4 of their first 5 games — outscored 29-6 in the losses.

Get em tomorrow with Grayson. Afternoon game. Play some Thursday hookey and watch.

Yea, we lost a game.  I am guessing there are going to be about 60 to 65 more of those.

@mikeghg

#73 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 May 2023 - 08:48 AM

I was in an out of last nights game, and I did not see the last 2 innings so not sure what Akin did to piss everyone off, but games like this happen, against good teams and bad.  The thing that worries me a little (right now), is the starting pitching.  Gibson, Kremer and Bradish have not been good in their last 2 starts or 3 starts.  The Orioles do not have the depth to replace them.

@mikeghg

#74 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,304 posts

Posted 04 May 2023 - 09:27 AM

But wait, let's not criticize anyone above Hyde.

You cant have it both ways. If I were to say I give Elias and FO all the credit for a 20-10 start you guys would complain about that statement.

Does the FO have input into roster construction and some strategy. Surely. I dont think they are making most if any of these in game decisions. These are managerial decisions.

#75 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 May 2023 - 09:33 AM

I was in an out of last nights game, and I did not see the last 2 innings so not sure what Akin did to piss everyone off, but games like this happen, against good teams and bad. The thing that worries me a little (right now), is the starting pitching. Gibson, Kremer and Bradish have not been good in their last 2 starts or 3 starts. The Orioles do not have the depth to replace them.

Akin just isn’t good. Really that simple. He should have no role on a team hoping to make the playoffs. But like you’ve alluded to, dollar store budget so it probably is what it is.

#76 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,965 posts

Posted 04 May 2023 - 09:45 AM

Akin just isn’t good. Really that simple. He should have no role on a team hoping to make the playoffs. But like you’ve alluded to, dollar store budget so it probably is what it is.

Hopefully he's the first to be sent down when Tate or Givens is ready.

#77 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 04 May 2023 - 09:47 AM

You cant have it both ways. If I were to say I give Elias and FO all the credit for a 20-10 start you guys would complain about that statement.

Does the FO have input into roster construction and some strategy. Surely. I dont think they are making most if any of these in game decisions. These are managerial decisions.

I think most of those in-game decisions are largely gamed out beforehand. I’m guessing 90% of managerial decisions are actually handed down from above. 

#78 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,304 posts

Posted 04 May 2023 - 10:08 AM

I mean it could be gameplanned with the FO to platoon if/when they bring in an oppo hand pitcher. I dont really buy that Hyde isnt allowed to feel his way through a games. I mean there is just no need in certain scenarios. Was it gameplanned to give Gunnar the final AB in a 6-0 game as the 3rd man in that spot in the lineup. Thats a lot of damn foresight to pre plan something like that. I also dont buy Hyde isnt the one overmanaging the pen. There may be broad outlines heading into a game but the game flow dictates so much of what you do. I just dont buy Hyde isnt solely making in game decisions.

#79 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 May 2023 - 10:18 AM

Pretty funny coming from you.  I don't think your cousin or anyone else is calling in moves during games, but I think the Stat Pack has a lot of input in lineups and the plan they want to follow during games.

@mikeghg

#80 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 May 2023 - 10:20 AM

I mean it could be gameplanned with the FO to platoon if/when they bring in an oppo hand pitcher. I dont really buy that Hyde isnt allowed to feel his way through a games. I mean there is just no need in certain scenarios. Was it gameplanned to give Gunnar the final AB in a 6-0 game as the 3rd man in that spot in the lineup. Thats a lot of damn foresight to pre plan something like that. I also dont buy Hyde isnt the one overmanaging the pen. There may be broad outlines heading into a game but the game flow dictates so much of what you do. I just dont buy Hyde isnt solely making in game decisions.

Again, I did not watch the end of the game, but what is the problem with Gunnar pinch hitting at the end of the game.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=