Photo

College Basketball 2023-24 General Talk (UCONN Wins)

• Please log in to reply
440 replies to this topic

#61 SonicAttack

SonicAttack
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 07 November 2023 - 11:53 AM

I didn't watch the whole game, but when I did Izzo was always going nuts at the rafs, I'll be shocked if he didn't get a T - he was literally screaming for one.  I don't like Izzo at all.  HAHA!

#62 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,700 posts

Posted 07 November 2023 - 12:59 PM

UMBC almost took down Louisville last night, and if it weren’t for a garbage no-call/mugging in the waning moments, perhaps they would’ve. 

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#63 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 November 2023 - 01:06 PM

UMBC almost took down Louisville last night, and if it weren’t for a garbage no-call/mugging in the waning moments, perhaps they would’ve. 

Louisville is in a bad way. Who could've seen THIS coming just 3.5-4 years after hiring Chris Mack? A move universally hailed as a home run for the university. Last year they were historically bad. And they open this year's campaign by nearly losing to a team picked to finish 6th in the American East Conference. Just insane. 

Good lesson for Terps fans who have high hopes. It can certainly get worse. We should be grateful for the body of work from Turgeon and so far from Willard - even if we should still keep aiming for the top of the mountain top, which I certainly still am.

#64 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,358 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 07 November 2023 - 06:53 PM

Louisville is in a bad way. Who could've seen THIS coming just 3.5-4 years after hiring Chris Mack? A move universally hailed as a home run for the university. Last year they were historically bad. And they open this year's campaign by nearly losing to a team picked to finish 6th in the American East Conference. Just insane. 

Good chance Danny Manning has another extended stint as an interim head coach up there.

@BSLZackKiesel

#65 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 07 November 2023 - 09:17 PM

Been a minute, but wanted to pop in and see if y'all still talk college hoops around here anymore? 

Carolina already looks 100 times better than they did last season, so I'm looking forward to a much more fun season. 

Just watched a little of Georgetown, and I'm already really intrigued with Ed Cooley's team. 

Anyway, good to be back, and hope everyone reading this is doing well. 

• You Play to Win the Game, BobPhelan and Mike in STL like this
@beginthebegin71

#66 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,622 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 07 November 2023 - 09:23 PM

Been a minute, but wanted to pop in and see if y'all still talk college hoops around here anymore?

Carolina already looks 100 times better than they did last season, so I'm looking forward to a much more fun season.

Just watched a little of Georgetown, and I'm already really intrigued with Ed Cooley's team.

When Maryland is good I tend to pay more attention overall. Good to hear from you Seth!
  • SBTarheel likes this

#67 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 07 November 2023 - 09:29 PM

When Maryland is good I tend to pay more attention overall. Good to hear from you Seth!

Thanks Bob! Off topic, but kudos to you, Nick, and Zach, always enjoy your stuff. 

Back on topic, Maryland should be damn good this year! 

• BobPhelan likes this
@beginthebegin71

#68 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 November 2023 - 10:51 PM

Good to see you here Seth. Good luck to your Tar Heels.

Auburn has #20 Baylor on the ropes in Sioux Falls.

Been a fun couple nights of hoops.
  • SBTarheel likes this

#69 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 07 November 2023 - 11:28 PM

Good to see you here Seth. Good luck to your Tar Heels.

Auburn has #20 Baylor on the ropes in Sioux Falls.

Been a fun couple nights of hoops.

Thanks Ricker, good to be back!

I think Scott Drew must've shown his team your post, they went nuts down the stretch. 

Love seeing a sad Bruce Pearl! 

@beginthebegin71

#70 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 08 November 2023 - 10:46 AM

Great to hear from you Seth! 

Two years removed from a national title game. Oh the horrors of being a Tar Heels fan. :) 

• SBTarheel likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#71 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 08 November 2023 - 10:58 AM

Great to hear from you Seth! 

Two years removed from a national title game. Oh the horrors of being a Tar Heels fan. :)

Ha, I deserve that!

hope all is well with you and yours, Mike! 

• Mike in STL likes this
@beginthebegin71

#72 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 November 2023 - 11:10 AM

I wasn't able to catch Georgetown - but am also intrigued by the Cooley impact. I really hope he can turn it around. I'll admit, I've always liked Georgetown as a local team. 

That said, I noticed KenPom has them ranked #151. Ouch. 

Some great early season tourney's are coming up, really looking forward to it. These past couple nights have been a treat.

#73 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 08 November 2023 - 11:27 AM

I wasn't able to catch Georgetown - but am also intrigued by the Cooley impact. I really hope he can turn it around. I'll admit, I've always liked Georgetown as a local team. 

That said, I noticed KenPom has them ranked #151. Ouch. 

Some great early season tourney's are coming up, really looking forward to it. These past couple nights have been a treat.

One of their new players, Dontrez Styles, is a UNC transfer that I was really high on coming out of High School, but since Hubert Davis isn't exactly the best at using his bench, he didn't play much in his two years at Carolina. He looked great last night, 15 points, 9 boards, and I'm hoping for big things from him. They have a few other transfers coming in as well, also, Wayne Bristol Jr, who's Father played at Maryland back in the day. 

I always liked Cooley, and think he can really bring Georgetown back to prominence, hopefully sooner than later. 

Also, my fellow Randallstown High Alum Kim English will do a nice job at Providence too I hope. Overall definitely looking forward to following those two programs. 

@beginthebegin71

#74 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 November 2023 - 11:38 AM

Of course you know Kim English ;)

• SBTarheel likes this

#75 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 08 November 2023 - 11:39 AM

Of course you know Kim English ;)

Ha. I don't know him personally, but my Mother taught him in Middle School!!

@beginthebegin71

#76 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,432 posts

Posted 08 November 2023 - 11:51 AM

A bet has gone in at 40-1 on the Heels. Keep Hubert in line please. Thx

#77 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 08 November 2023 - 12:59 PM

A bet has gone in at 40-1 on the Heels. Keep Hubert in line please. Thx

Lots of talent, so anything can happen. I'll do my best. 

@beginthebegin71

#78 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 November 2023 - 08:39 PM

Looking forward to the New Mexico vs. Saint Mary’s tilt at 10:00. Saint Mary is ranked 23rd, but KenPom has them 37th and the Lobos 40th. Should be a good game.

#79 BSLZacKrull

BSLZacKrull

CBB Analyst

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 10 November 2023 - 03:32 PM

After a slow start to the season in terms of the small number of high profile games, tonight is a banner night for the sport of College Basketball. Headlined by the main event of Arizona at Duke, with a ton of other notable games including Tennessee Wisconsin, Virginia Florida, Texas A&M Ohio State and Memphis Missouri I couldn't be more excited for tonight's slate. After watching Arizona on Monday night I definitely think it's possible that they give Duke a legit game. Former North Carolina Guard Caleb Love has plenty of experience playing at Cameron Indoor Stadium, and looks ready for a new beginning at Arizona. Tommy Lloyd hasn't lost a ton of regular season games since arriving in Tucson, so I'm expecting Arizona to give their best efforts here.

#80 BSLZacKrull

BSLZacKrull

CBB Analyst

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 10 November 2023 - 03:33 PM

Saint Mary's looked phenomenal last night. Legitimate Top 20 team in my book behind Mahaney, Saxton and Alex Ducas. Randy Bennett is also one of the more underrated coaches in the country 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=