#41 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 12 April 2023 - 06:27 PM

Henderson another wild throw. He needs to settle in at one position and get comfortable.

I agree, but it must be hard for Hyde to sit a gold glove 3B and/or a "should have been" gold glove SS. Nice problems to have especially considering those knocking on the door.

#42 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,790 posts

Posted 12 April 2023 - 06:27 PM

Not crapping on the Ray's, but they haven't had a very difficult schedule to date. 11-0 still impressive.

#43 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 April 2023 - 06:39 PM

Can’t let this guy get too many 1-2-3 innings. But they’re grinding, good AB’s.

#44 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,289 posts

Posted 12 April 2023 - 06:40 PM

I don't think what Kremer did last year is unreachable this year. 

And I disagree about his stuff being overly average.  He's averaging 94.7 on his 4 seam entering tonight (last year was 93.5). 
In addition to the 4 seam, he's got a sinker, change, sweeper, cutter. 

He's not some overwhelming arm, but he's got good repertoire of offerings. 

And I know everyone is throwing hard these days, and admittedly I don't see a ton of movement on the fb... but I think with the velo and his pitch mix, he's a bit above average stuff wise. 

The talk has always been he's a 4/5 type starter. And that's probably right... so there are always going to be questions. 

His 125 innings last year don't give him unlimited rope. But that shows what he can be.
His horrible 53 innings in '21 also show what he can be (when he's going wrong). 

Somewhere between those extremes is a usable option that can help. 

Hopefully he finishes strong tonight.   
4 homers allowed already this year is obviously ridiculous. 

• JStruds and makoman like this

#45 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,289 posts

Posted 12 April 2023 - 06:41 PM

Listening to the radio...  so tired of this BayView ad where he starts off about swimming in the 70s with cutoff jeans. 

#46 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 April 2023 - 06:46 PM

I don't think what Kremer did last year is unreachable this year.

And I disagree about his stuff being overly average. He's averaging 94.7 on his 4 seam entering tonight (last year was 93.5).
In addition to the 4 seam, he's got a sinker, change, sweeper, cutter.

He's not some overwhelming arm, but he's got good repertoire of offerings.

And I know everyone is throwing hard these days, and admittedly I don't see a ton of movement on the fb... but I think with the velo and his pitch mix, he's a bit above average stuff wise.

The talk has always been he's a 4/5 type starter. And that's probably right... so there are always going to be questions.

His 125 innings last year don't give him unlimited rope. But that shows what he can be.
His horrible 53 innings in '21 also show what he can be (when he's going wrong).

Somewhere between those extremes is a usable option that can help.

Hopefully he finishes strong tonight.
4 homers allowed already this year is obviously ridiculous.

I wish there were easily visible context with a lot of the “advanced” metrics out there today which attempt to measure pitch quality beyond just velo. You can get the numbers, I’m just never quite sure how to digest it without the league averages and reference points.

But if I knew more what I was reading, I’d def be curious as to how Kremer’s stuff grades out.
  • makoman likes this

#47 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,790 posts

Posted 12 April 2023 - 06:49 PM

Listening to the radio... so tired of this BayView ad where he starts off about swimming in the 70s with cutoff jeans.

Can't be worse than the Truist bank commercial that MASN seemed to be playing every half inning.

#48 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 12 April 2023 - 06:51 PM

Can't be worse than the Truist bank commercial that MASN seemed to be playing every half inning.

Or the constant on line betting commercials, especially considering why the all time MLB hit leader is not in the HoF.

#49 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,790 posts

Posted 12 April 2023 - 06:52 PM

Meatball to the #9 hitter.

#50 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 April 2023 - 06:53 PM

Now we’re letting Oakland Athletics players scale The Wall ™️? I can understand the occasional AL East foe accomplishing the feat. But this is a home field thing. We built that for guys like you, Dean. SMH.

#51 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,790 posts

Posted 12 April 2023 - 06:54 PM

Got a bad feeling about this one after Hays GIDP with men on the corners. Need to get into that Oakland BP.

#52 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,289 posts

Posted 12 April 2023 - 06:54 PM

Now we’re letting Oakland Athletics players scale The Wall ™️? I can understand the occasional AL East foe accomplishing the feat. But this is a home field thing. We built that for guys like you, Dean. SMH.

Sounds like he again got too much of the plate. 

Kremer aside...  the ball has to be juiced again this year, no?  

Some awful big swings we're seeing league wide for early April. 

#53 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,289 posts

Posted 12 April 2023 - 06:56 PM

Maybe the WBC impacted his preparation?  Typing it, it feels like an excuse. 

#54 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 April 2023 - 07:01 PM

Sounds like he again got too much of the plate.

Kremer aside... the ball has to be juiced again this year, no?

Some awful big swings we're seeing league wide for early April.

They have to be. I don’t know how to look at runs or SB’s as of this point last year, but I feel like in addition to the rule changes, the ball is just flying more.

Also can’t decide who the pace of game benefits more. I think it depends. There are definitely times where an offense is on their heels being down and feeling rushed, I’ve sensed that. There also times where a pitcher is rattled and makes a mistake because they can’t resort to their normal endless stall tactics while they practice a “Breathe” routine before throwing again.

#55 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,357 posts

Kremer is bad. If you have 6 pitches you really got none. Last year is 100% unsustainable. He got super lucky with the HRs. He got super lucky with the Era vs xEra.
  • Mackus likes this

#56 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,790 posts

Voth would've given up a 3R HR.

#57 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,790 posts

Posted 12 April 2023 - 07:03 PM

Kremer is really bad. If you have 6 pitches you rrally got none. Last year is 100% unsustainable. He got super lucky with the HRs. He got super lucky with the Era vs xEra.

Kremer had a 3.80 FIP last year. Not great, but not terrible. Ideally he's your 5th best starter or takes the Voth role in the BP.

#58 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 April 2023 - 07:04 PM

Kremer is really bad. If you have 6 pitches you rrally got none. Last year is 100% unsustainable. He got super lucky with the HRs. He got super lucky with the Era vs xEra.

Yep, should’ve been a couple runs higher last year. This year, he’s been a tad unlucky based on some metrics, but it’s a create your own luck thing. He’s doing it to himself. Some guys have a high BABIP because they just stink right now. Also SSS. But yeah, bottom line - last year, no IMO. Serviceable back end guy? Would be a pretty big disappointment if he can’t be that.

#59 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 April 2023 - 07:05 PM

Kremer had a 3.80 FIP last year. Not great, but not terrible. Ideally he's your 5th best starter or takes the Voth role in the BP.

xFIP was almost a run higher though. 4.43 to his xERA of 4.46. He was definitely fortunate to have a low 3’s last year but it was fun and I enjoyed it so I’m not hating on last year. Just fitting it in to what we’re seeing this year so far. It’s still early.

#60 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 12 April 2023 - 07:07 PM

I'm also worried about sustainability of his production given the low K-rate and low HR/FB. I think he can limit the HR/FB given the park and that he's a bit of a flyball guy anyways, but I'm worried that with that many balls in play he's gonna be susceptible to big innings. Especially if the homers go up.

Not decided yet, but he's my lean for the guy to go when Bradish is back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=