Never heard of this guy

#3 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,966 posts

Posted 06 April 2023 - 11:28 AM

The weather's looking pretty nice so far today...

#4 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 April 2023 - 11:30 AM

Never heard of this guy

He gave up a couple of homeruns in the playoffs last year against the Astros.  He was pretty good out of the pen, last year for the Yankees.

He is starting because of the injuries to Rodon, Severino and Montas.

@mikeghg

#5 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 06 April 2023 - 11:34 AM

Attending my first opening day since the snow game vs the Indians. Very excited. Anyone else going?

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#6 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 April 2023 - 11:37 AM

Attending my first opening day since the snow game vs the Indians. Very excited. Anyone else going?

I was, then got Covid for the second time, so I am out.  The seats were great too.  It sucks.  The new plan is to go next Tuesday, when I think GR should be pitching.

@mikeghg

#7 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 06 April 2023 - 11:58 AM

Never heard of this guy

He was a pretty hyped prospect but has never cemented himself as a starter. He’s ok but we should be able to get to him.

#8 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 06 April 2023 - 03:29 PM

Might have actually got the game in or rained late. Looks like might have been a pain leaving & driving home.

My wife took off today to go. Has been working from home instead. Holiday tomorrow so we try again.

#9 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 06 April 2023 - 05:13 PM

Might have actually got the game in or rained late. Looks like might have been a pain leaving & driving home.

My wife took off today to go. Has been working from home instead. Holiday tomorrow so we try again.

I understand the call to postpone, but it screwed up our plans big time, and right about now we'd probably all be leaving the park. Instead, our group of six had to swap out two people, one of whom was my wife missing her first ( and second scheduled because of COVID in 2020) opening day. Aaaargh.

#10 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 06 April 2023 - 07:33 PM

Game should have been played today.  And I made that call yesterday morning when I first saw that it was being moved.  Afternoon thunderstorms in this region often don't happen until late in the day.  The atmosphere needs time to heat up.  And temps today were only going to get to mid 80's so it's not like a July 95 degree day that starts building massive super cells early.  Weather service had 3-7 as the time frame for them to start forming so I thought they should have taken the chance to get the game in.  

Not for nothing, but by postponing until tomorrow if the game runs long you could have people trying to leave the game while people going to the Bruce Springsteen concert are trying to get into the city.  I remember once being at a pier six concert that was over just as an Oriole game ended and it was grid lock trying to get out of the city.  

I'm in the Catonsville area and it did not actually start raining until around 6:30 and it wasn't that much.  

#11 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,979 posts

Posted 06 April 2023 - 07:36 PM

Don't think they care about what happens after the game. They're trying to maximize and ensure the pregame festivities go off without any weather delays, and that's why they postponed.

#12 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 06 April 2023 - 07:45 PM

Was that the game that Jay Gibbons lost the ball in a snow squall allowing a run to score, then they stopped the game, and the sun came out about 15 minutes later?   I was at that game with my son who was like 9-10 at the time.  I kept saying you can't see the ball it was coming down so hard.  We heard it hit the bat and never saw where it landed.  I remember then the game went into extra innings, the Indians took the lead, the Orioles tied it again and eventually won.  By the time the game ended it was so cold and we didn't get home until like 8:00pm.  

#13 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 07 April 2023 - 06:55 AM

Was that the game that Jay Gibbons lost the ball in a snow squall allowing a run to score, then they stopped the game, and the sun came out about 15 minutes later?   I was at that game with my son who was like 9-10 at the time.  I kept saying you can't see the ball it was coming down so hard.  We heard it hit the bat and never saw where it landed.  I remember then the game went into extra innings, the Indians took the lead, the Orioles tied it again and eventually won.  By the time the game ended it was so cold and we didn't get home until like 8:00pm.  

That was the game. It was so weird. The day started off chilly but decent and then that snow came out of nowhere. 

Fortunately for us, we were able to get into a suite later in the game and get out of the cold. But indeed, it ended up being a pretty long day.

And off topic, I've always loved your Eddie the Head avatar. The Trooper is the iconic song of that album but Where Eagles Dare and Die With Your Boots On are fantastic as well.

• cprenegade likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#14 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,290 posts

Posted 07 April 2023 - 08:46 AM

Balt Sun: An Orioles fan’s guide to home opener: Everything to know before heading to Camden Yards

#15 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 07 April 2023 - 10:24 AM

I'll be there. Already pre-gaming in Pigtown!
  • You Play to Win the Game and BSLSteveBirrer like this

#16 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,290 posts

Posted 07 April 2023 - 11:14 AM

#yankees lineup vs #Orioles
1. DJ LeMahieu ® 3B
2. Aaron Judge ® CF
3. Anthony Rizzo (L) 1B
4. Giancarlo Stanton ® DH
5. Gleyber Torres ® 2B
6. Oswaldo Cabrera (S) LF
7. Jose Trevino ® C
8. Franchy Cordero (L) RF
9. Anthony Volpe ® SS

#17 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,290 posts

Posted 07 April 2023 - 11:15 AM

Mychal Givens has bullpen session tomorrow. James McCann could play rehab game this weekend #orioles

• Mike B likes this

#18 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 April 2023 - 11:40 AM

Mychal Givens has bullpen session tomorrow. James McCann could play rehab game this weekend #orioles

Getting Givens and Tate back sooner rather than later is very important IMO.

• DuffMan likes this
@mikeghg

#19 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,290 posts

Posted 07 April 2023 - 12:23 PM

Cedric Mullins CF
Adley Rutschman C
Anthony Santander RF
Ryan Mountcastle 1B
Gunnar Henderson DH
Ramón Urías 3B
Adam Frazier 2B
Austin Hays LF
Jorge Mateo SS

#20 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,357 posts

Posted 07 April 2023 - 12:27 PM

Its gonna be interesting to see how often Urias plays 3b vs righties. I think he will play the majority of games at 3b vs lefties. Maybe an occasional game at 2b if Frazier sits. If Gunnar ends up DHing more than we think that cuts into Stowers/Vavra DHing

Btw I think the above lineup is our best lineup right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=