http://tech.fortune.... ... ?hpt=hp_t3

#22 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

http://www.awfulanno... ... ality.html

I think everyone here will love Darth Maul's counterpart.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#23 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,481 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

The media reaction to this seems to be mixed, with some thinking the Star Wars franchise will continue to decline under Disney's bottom-line oriented approach vs. some who think new writers and a new director is just what's needed. Personally I think the vitriol directed at Lucas goes to far....I don't think Star Wars was completely trashed with the prequel trilogy. While The Phantom Menace was lame, the next two were progressively better IMO. But I'll keep an open mind with the next three.

Given the numbering and what I've read, it sounds like Episode VII will definitely pick up somewhere after Return of the Jedi. Lucas' biographer says it will feature Luke Skywalker, but will also have a lot of new characters and storylines.

#24 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

http://www.ign.com/a... ... -blueprint

Sounds like they've are putting alot of thought into this. The article gives the impression there's going to be a bunch of new movies in the works!!

#25 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

As they should. Its a huge universe with a ton of great possible movies.

#26 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

IMDb ‏@IMDb
And here we go... J.J. Abrams is reportedly set to direct the next #StarWars film. What do you think of the choice?

#27 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

It makes sense. I would've preferred Matthew Vaughn but I'm sure Abrams will do a good job. Pretty crazy he's in charge of both Star Wars and Star Trek.

#28 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

Han Solo and Boba Fett spin off fims!?! Sign me up!!

http://insidemovies.... ... boba-fett/

Maybe in the Han movie (or movies) they can work in some dialogue for him where he says something like "I always shoot first"

#29 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

A Yoda movie is rumored as well. I don't know... I think they could've been more creative than that but I'll take a wait and see approach.

#30 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

• Mark Carver likes this

#31 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

http://blog.zap2it.c...e-approach.html

#32 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:10 AM

Apparently there have been a few rumors that Abramas might be dropping out as Director of Episode VII

#33 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,606 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

Howard Stern saw Abrams at Jimmy Kimmel's wedding last week and JJ was talking to him about the movies. So it doesn't sound like he's dropping out.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#34 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:40 PM

http://www.ign.com/a...isode-vii-roles

I thought the following was especially interesting...

And from the sounds of it, there's been quite a bit of behind the scenes drama on Episode VII that led to Oscar-winning screenwriter Michael Arndt parting ways with the project last fall. Even the counsel of former Lucasfilm boss George Lucas was said to have been sought. From THR:

"Arndt is said to have focused on the offspring of Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill), Han Solo (Harrison Ford) and Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher), with the original trilogy heroes taking on supporting roles. Abrams, however, wanted Episode VII to focus on the classic trio of characters, so audiences could have one more chance to enjoy them before a fitting send-off. The new characters, the offspring, will now be in supporting roles, according to these sources, and take center stage in Episode VIII and IX. Some characters have disappeared from the Arndt script and new ones are being drafted.

#35 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,606 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:50 PM

Well Abrams has the clout to make those changes. And he was also the #1 candidate all along so I bet they gave him full control over the project to get him to sign up.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#36 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:55 PM

Well Abrams has the clout to make those changes. And he was also the #1 candidate all along so I bet they gave him full control over the project to get him to sign up.

Abrams certainly has the clout, but Arndt's writing credits include Little Miss Sunshine and Toy Story 3 so he's no slouch himself.   

#37 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,606 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:01 PM

Abrams certainly has the clout, but Arndt's writing credits include Little Miss Sunshine and Toy Story 3 so he's no slouch himself.   

True.

Hopefully they both would have turned into into good movies. I have faith in Abrams but the last Star Trek movie didn't do much for me.

#38 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,606 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:50 PM

http://www.darkhoriz...-cast-announced

The cast has been announced.

Not much to generate excitement but cool nonetheless.

#39 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:56 PM

Interesting. Go the same route as the original movie with a young, relatively unknown main cast. Other than Max Von Sydow, of course.

@DJ_McCann

#40 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:20 PM

Interesting. Go the same route as the original movie with a young, relatively unknown main cast. Other than Max Von Sydow, of course.

And Andy Serkis. No idea who the others are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=