DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

That's a good question.

I'd say their current starting 5 would all be best suited coming off the bench. In the right situation Beal would be okay to start and maybe Ariza, if he's on a team where he's not asked to do much offensively.

Their roster is just a joke. Things had better improve once John and Nene are back, but even if they do, so what? It doesn't change the fact that at very best, they're an average team. That's absolute best case scenario. It infuriates me that Leonsis has kept Grunfeld around.

Well, to be fair he's been real busy trying to get the NHL season canceled. I assume he'll get around to this eventually.

#82 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,655 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

Was just looking at Grunfelds career draft history. TERRIBLE.

His efforts rival the Syd Thrift lead Orioles. They get nothing right. Everytime I see Jan Vesely play I wonder what the hell did they see to pick this guy. I am amazed every time he makes a shot not a dunk. I am not amazed that much though. EG is the worst.
@mikeghg

#83 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,655 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

Serious question:

Could any current Wizards starter start for any other team?

Besides the Mystics, of course.

Not on any of the good ones.
@mikeghg

#84 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,386 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

So, the Wizards are 0-8. The current starting lineup is:

1) Price
2) Beal
3) Ariza
4) Booker
5) Okafor

Nene is apparently at-least 3 weeks away from getting into a game. There is no timetable on Wall.
It is amazing how often things just go completely wrong for that franchise.

#85 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,655 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:52 PM

So, the Wizards are 0-8. The current starting lineup is:

1) Price
2) Beal
3) Ariza
4) Booker
5) Okafor

Nene is apparently at-least 3 weeks away from getting into a game. There is no timetable on Wall.
It is amazing how often things just go completely wrong for that franchise.

Now 0-9. I was able to make it throuh about a half hour of the game tonight, and was treated to Buchhantz and Phil Chenier talk about adversity helping build the team. If that is the case then the Wizards are about ready to run off a 100 game win streak.
Grunfield has to be on thin ice.
@mikeghg

#86 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,383 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

Playing for a lottery pick for sure. I guess it's the only way you build a winning team with this mess, need a bonafide star to put out there with Wall distributing and Beal as a complimentary piece. Too bad they didn't have anything to deal for Harden I guess? :/
@JeremyMStrain

#87 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,655 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

Playing for a lottery pick for sure. I guess it's the only way you build a winning team with this mess, need a bonafide star to put out there with Wall distributing and Beal as a complimentary piece. Too bad they didn't have anything to deal for Harden I guess? :/

The problem is they seem to miss more on lottery picks then they hit.
@mikeghg

#88 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,655 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

Wizards got destroyed tonight by the Spurs. Now 0-12. maybe they can run the table.
@mikeghg

#89 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,383 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

Wizards got destroyed tonight by the Spurs. Now 0-12. maybe they can run the table.

Gotta fire Whitman and Grunfeld at this point. Clean house and start over at this point.
@JeremyMStrain

#90 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

The longest losing streak in league history was the 2010-11 Cavaliers, 26 in a row. To start a season the 1009-10 Nets went 0-18. I can't find the longest losing streaks in franchise history, but it's no more than 16.

They could get to 17 before playing New Orleans on the 11th. Does that seem like their next winnable game? Or is it more like Detroit on back-to-back nights on the 21st and 22nd, when they would be at 23 (or 24)?

#91 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

Gotta fire Whitman and Grunfeld at this point. Clean house and start over at this point.

I'd love to hear a detailed explanation from Ted on why Ernie's leash has been this long. For the life of me I can't come up with anything that's actually logical.

@AdamWolff

#92 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,655 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:35 AM

I almost feel sorry for Wittman. He got saddled with a roster that is better suited to compete in the developmental league.
They both need to go, but EG should have been gone 2 years ago.
@mikeghg

#93 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

Tickets for tomorrow's game against Portland start at $0.75 on StubHub.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#94 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,386 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

You would think. I know they envisioned a playoff run this year, so it has to be disappointing for them. Obviously the injuries have hurt them, but with a start this bad though, they really need another clean start.

#95 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,383 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

You would think. I know they envisioned a playoff run this year, so it has to be disappointing for them. Obviously the injuries have hurt them, but with a start this bad though, they really need another clean start.

Yeah I mean, Ted put a lot of trust in Grunfeld, but his drafting record has been horrendous. Gotta get someone new in there and start to make some changes before Wall has had enough and bolts town.
@JeremyMStrain

#96 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

It's always bad when you are paying more for "other" fees.
@levineps

#97 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,383 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

I dunno, them paying me .75 cents really isn't enough to make it worth going. Maybe if they paid for my metro fair, a babysitter, and dinner and drinks at Clydes...nah, still not worth it.
@JeremyMStrain

#98 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,527 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

I'd love to hear a detailed explanation from Ted on why Ernie's leash has been this long. For the life of me I can't come up with anything that's actually logical.

What's Leonsis' deal? It's not like he has a hockey season to focus on right now.

#99 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,655 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

I dunno, them paying me .75 cents really isn't enough to make it worth going. Maybe if they paid for my metro fair, a babysitter, and dinner and drinks at Clydes...nah, still not worth it.

Pretty funny, I heard a radio station giving away 2 tickets for the answer to a trivia question. When it comes to winning Wizard tickets, ignorance would be a blessing.
@mikeghg

#100 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,527 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

Geez, Trail Blazers, that's just embarrassing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=