#2621 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,591 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 25 January 2024 - 01:45 PM

Yeah looks like a real chance Vrabel or Bellichick also are out for a year. I think one of them gets the Atl job but not sounding like either is linked anywhere else.

With MacDonald, just seemed too early. Hes real young and inexperienced. I was hoping those things would hurt him this cycle. I dont even think he got many interviews did he. Maybe 1 or 2. Its def a big win for us.

If Belichick doesn't get a job this offseason he's riding off into the sunset IMO.  His window is way short because of his age.

#2622 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,891 posts

Posted 25 January 2024 - 03:02 PM

Just my opinion. I think there's enough evidence to show that Belichick's success was based on having the greatest QB of all time. I think he's done. 

#2623 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 25 January 2024 - 03:23 PM

Just my opinion. I think there's enough evidence to show that Belichick's success was based on having the greatest QB of all time. I think he's done.

I don't know if he's done done, but the numbers with and without Brady don't lie. He's just another NFL head coach who was blessed with the best QB of the last 30 years, and a league that evolved to basically pander to passing games at the same time. Not saying he's a good head coach or a bad head coach, maybe it goes either way. But without Tom (and a Moe Lewis hit on Drew Bledsoe) his HC reign would have been over a long long time ago.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#2624 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,591 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 25 January 2024 - 07:28 PM

This has to be the absolute worst year for a hot coordinator that is looking to jump into a HC position.  It's looking pretty unlikely that MacDonald leaves at this point.

I've got to think if the defense keeps doing its thing he's gone in 2025.

#2625 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 26 January 2024 - 11:48 AM

I'd gladly take another year of McDonald and Monken.  Have wanted to nitpick Monken a few times but big picture he's maintained some balance, which in and of itself is an upgrade from Roman.  McDonald concerned me with the coverages in the second half of last year's Miami debacle, and I had Wink "safeties don't matter" flashbacks... but seems like he's learned his lesson and learned the personnel (along with Roquan adding in and Hamilton just "getting it" so fast).  Both coordinators seem to focus on using the strengths of the talent they have at their disposal, and have avoided stupid risks on D or plain stupid "trickery" on O (like giving Andrews a rush attempt at the goal line).  Mostly healthy talented roster, coordinators that play to their team's strengths... and you wind up with a 14-4 squad (15-3 if Lamar plays one quarter in the finale) hosting a conference title game.

#2626 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,719 posts

Posted 26 January 2024 - 12:23 PM

How you gonna get Monken and MacDonald back if Harbaugh is fired. We know you'll call for that if they dont win the SB.

#2627 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,891 posts

Posted 26 January 2024 - 06:53 PM

This has to be the absolute worst year for a hot coordinator that is looking to jump into a HC position.  It's looking pretty unlikely that MacDonald leaves at this point.

I've got to think if the defense keeps doing its thing he's gone in 2025.

Why do you  think it's unlikely? There a lot of open spots and the NFL tends to jump on Raven coordinators. 

#2628 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,891 posts

Posted 26 January 2024 - 06:55 PM

How you gonna get Monken and MacDonald back if Harbaugh is fired. We know you'll call for that if they dont win the SB.

Harbaugh's not going anywhere. What the hell are you talking about?

#2629 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,639 posts

Posted 26 January 2024 - 06:55 PM

Why do you  think it's unlikely? There a lot of open spots and the NFL tends to jump on Raven coordinators. 

Seattle and Washington are the only spots left. Seattle didn't interview him (they still could) and some people claim that Ben Johnson (Lions OC) is a lock for the Commanders.

#2630 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,712 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 26 January 2024 - 10:07 PM

Watching the replay of Ravens-Chiefs from 2021. Something I've never understood is the administration of the illegal formation penalty.

If the formation is illegal at the time of the snap, why is the play allowed to move forward? Shouldn't it be a penalty that causes the play to be blown dead? Like a false start...
  • NewMarketSean and Biggsy like this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#2631 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,315 posts

Posted 27 January 2024 - 08:15 AM

Watching the replay of Ravens-Chiefs from 2021. Something I've never understood is the administration of the illegal formation penalty.

If the formation is illegal at the time of the snap, why is the play allowed to move forward? Shouldn't it be a penalty that causes the play to be blown dead? Like a false start...

I guess my only justification for it is it would be if the defense intercepts the ball or picks up a fumble, they could decline the penalty. A free play for the defense of sorts, similar to an offsides for the offense.
  • PrimeTime likes this

#2632 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,712 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 27 January 2024 - 08:38 AM

I guess my only justification for it is it would be if the defense intercepts the ball or picks up a fumble, they could decline the penalty. A free play for the defense of sorts, similar to an offsides for the offense.

That makes a lot of sense.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#2633 1970

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 27 January 2024 - 10:48 PM

Seattle and Washington are the only spots left. Seattle didn't interview him (they still could) and some people claim that Ben Johnson (Lions OC) is a lock for the Commanders.

Damn, sounds like Seattle is planning to request an interview.

#2634 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 28 January 2024 - 02:46 PM

Seattle is coming to Baltimore next week to give Weaver a second interview. Makes sense they would take the opportunity to talk with Mike.

#2635 1970

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 28 January 2024 - 06:54 PM

Seattle is coming to Baltimore next week to give Weaver a second interview. Makes sense they would take the opportunity to talk with Mike.

Are you sure about that?  I know Weaver has a second interview lined up with Washington, but I haven’t seen him tied to Seattle.  It will be a kick in the pants if they lose both of them, especially since I saw where someone is interviewing Dennard Wilson for their DC position.  I still think Ben Jonson ends up in Washington, which means Weaver would still be here.

#2636 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,718 posts

Posted 28 January 2024 - 06:58 PM

Are you sure about that? I know Weaver has a second interview lined up with Washington, but I haven’t seen him tied to Seattle. It will be a kick in the pants if they lose both of them, especially since I saw where someone is interviewing Dennard Wilson for their DC position. I still think Ben Jonson ends up in Washington, which means Weaver would still be here.

They could lose Monken and I wouldn't give a crap.

In fact, I hope he goes.

#2637 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,719 posts

Posted 28 January 2024 - 07:02 PM

Yeah have to think MacDonald is a serious contender for Sea. Maybe the fav. They've waited around though its strange they didnt interview him at least once already when they had a shot.

#2638 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 28 January 2024 - 07:59 PM

6 rushing attempts from Edwards and Hill combined.

Plucking ground hog day folks... the common demoninator remains. And nobody seems to care... outcoached in crunch time over and over again. Only one constant in it all and he's got a lifetime contract to underachieve.

#2639 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,719 posts

Posted 28 January 2024 - 08:01 PM

Lol at saying Harbaugh is an underachiever. Some people man

#2640 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,771 posts

Posted 28 January 2024 - 08:06 PM

160-99 for a .618 WPCT in the regular season. Two losing years (2015, 2021) when the rosters were decimated by injuries.

He's mostly a spectator during the game like the rest of us, but the dude runs a solid organization.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=