128 replies to this topic

#121 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 10 January 2023 - 09:28 PM

Trading him isn't something I care to see for what it's worth. Get a deal done, even if it takes time on the franchise tag. The team is much better with him than without as it stands right now, and it's hard to find that level of success at the position (which you'll pay for big time anyway).

#122 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 10 January 2023 - 09:40 PM

I will be very surprised if Chicago is the team making the first pick. Unless Will Anderson or Jalen Carter have a historic combine that makes them impossible to not take at number 1. Too many QB needy teams within striking range of the first pick. Indy, Houston, Seattle, Detroit, Carolina, Jets and Tennessee all in the top 12. Any one of them could come up with enough ammo to pull the trigger if they fall on love with Stroud or Young.

Given that they already have the top pick, Chicago could also trade Justin Fields for more picks. That would give them Bryce Young or C.J. Stroud on rookie deals and allow them even more resources to get players who are at least starting-caliber.

Of course, we are talking the Bears.

#123 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,802 posts

Posted 10 January 2023 - 09:57 PM

If that's the way they go, I'd be contacting Houston about their 2 first rounders this year as a starting point.

Well, it is Houston so anything is possible, but I don't see why they would do that.  They will have their choice of QBs to draft at #2.  If the Jets rumor is true, they might be the best team to fleece for a ton of picks.  The owner up there is desperate to win, and the Giants making the playoffs has only fueled his obsession.  It seems like QB is the missing piece.  And they fit the description of a team that might way overpay for a QB.  They certainly haven't gotten it right in the draft.

Other than that, without knowing what picks anyone has, Indy and Vegas are in the top 10 draft position wise and would probably part with a lot of picks for a QB.  There was a rumor about the Giants mid season, but they have a better FO and doubt they would part with the picks.  

#124 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,021 posts

Posted 10 January 2023 - 10:43 PM

Partially why I keep bringing up Houston. Get the 2nd pick and take the guy the first team to pick doesn't take. I feel Young and Stroud are not too far apart. IF they chose to go the trade and restart route.

A lot of teams should certainly be willing to throw their hats into the ring for a QB of Lamar's ability. Just a matter of matching up with the right team.

Young is too small for my taste

#125 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 10 January 2023 - 10:50 PM

Trading him isn't something I care to see for what it's worth. Get a deal done, even if it takes time on the franchise tag. The team is much better with him than without as it stands right now, and it's hard to find that level of success at the position (which you'll pay for big time anyway).

I agree. I hope they work things out. And if they have to franchise him initially, we'll overanalyze every interview and tweet to speculate on whether they're franchising to buy time for negotiating, or buy time to trade.

But until then let the hypothetical trade scenarios commence.

Maybe they'll save us the trouble and get a deal done this off-season, but I'm not holding my breath.

#126 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,009 posts

Posted 10 January 2023 - 10:57 PM

I think this will be resolved very quickly one way or another. By draft day 1 we'll know who the 2023 QB will be. Plenty of viable scenarios, including re-signing.

#127 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 10 January 2023 - 11:44 PM

Pretty much what I said when I don't want to see what this team looks like without Lamar.

#128 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,021 posts

Posted 10 January 2023 - 11:55 PM

I think this will be resolved very quickly one way or another. By draft day 1 we'll know who the 2023 QB will be. Plenty of viable scenarios, including re-signing.

Obvious statement.

#129 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,278 posts

Posted 11 January 2023 - 04:57 AM

Young is too small for my taste

I think Stroud is the QB that pulls himself away as the consensus 1.1 for most teams. Size, mobility, arm and body of work in college. To this point, not really a box he doesn't check off. Young will have his size questioned. And he seems like the kind of prospect that already has maxed out his potential.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=