53 replies to this topic

#41 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 27 December 2022 - 02:06 PM

Yep flew Space A flight in a C130 from Travis (Sacramento) to Dover. Was the only passenger with no attendants. It was spooky

That’s the AC-130.  :wink:

#42 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,278 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 27 December 2022 - 02:14 PM

Been seeing multiple reports similar to this, from Twitter: “Learning that the Southwest Airlines meltdown is due to an antiquated crew scheduling system that assumes where a crew member is instead of working off live flight data. They’ve lost track of almost every crew member and the only way to solve it is for each one to individually call scheduling to tell them where they are. Their phone lines are swamped and I’ve seen screenshots of crew on hold for 23+ hours trying to get through to scheduling. Because scheduling can’t keep track of where crew are, crew can’t get a hotel room for themselves in order to start their FAA mandated rest period. Lots of stories of crew members booking their one hotel rooms with the hopes it’ll be reimbursed at some point. Southwest have cottoned on a little late and are only now stopping the whole operation to get their ducks in a row and to reset everything. Spirit did a similar thing in August last year.“

So yeah, pretty bad and happening at the absolute worst time of year.
@BSLZackKiesel

#43 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,435 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 27 December 2022 - 02:25 PM

Been seeing multiple reports similar to this, from Twitter: “Learning that the Southwest Airlines meltdown is due to an antiquated crew scheduling system that assumes where a crew member is instead of working off live flight data. They’ve lost track of almost every crew member and the only way to solve it is for each one to individually call scheduling to tell them where they are. Their phone lines are swamped and I’ve seen screenshots of crew on hold for 23+ hours trying to get through to scheduling. Because scheduling can’t keep track of where crew are, crew can’t get a hotel room for themselves in order to start their FAA mandated rest period. Lots of stories of crew members booking their one hotel rooms with the hopes it’ll be reimbursed at some point. Southwest have cottoned on a little late and are only now stopping the whole operation to get their ducks in a row and to reset everything. Spirit did a similar thing in August last year.“

So yeah, pretty bad and happening at the absolute worst time of year.

This is pathetic. Thats how a billion dollar company schedules their employees for work??

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#44 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 27 December 2022 - 02:47 PM

Yeah that's bad.

They have no issue charging you $1,110 to Aruba though!

(I flew SW to Aruba in 2021 for around $450).

At least my bags fly free!

But to be fair in regards to pricing, the whole system sucks balls. It's a shell game and it doesn't need to be.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#45 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 27 December 2022 - 02:49 PM

Been looking at flights to Panama City, Panama for a long weekend in April. Two weeks ago they were $520. Considered pulling the trigger but around Christmas time, it's hard to book it on a whim. Now they're $670.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#46 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 27 December 2022 - 03:07 PM

I cant disagree, they said its around $3,300 per Air Marsha for every single flight. That can add up quickly.

I’m in the wrong business. You’re telling me I can make $10K a day as an air marshal If I fly from STL to Orlando to Baltimore and back? Where do I sign up!
@BSLMikeRandall

#47 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,667 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 27 December 2022 - 04:18 PM

That’s the AC-130. :wink:

You mean AC-130-H

@fuzydunlop

#48 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 27 December 2022 - 04:47 PM

You mean AC-130-H

Actually I think Spooky's the AC-130U. The H version is nicknamed Spectre.

#49 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,667 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 27 December 2022 - 09:40 PM

Well considering I launched hundreds of them for missions I might know what I’m talking about? Cerrano sucks

@fuzydunlop

#50 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,435 posts

Posted 27 December 2022 - 09:40 PM

Well considering I launched hundreds of them for missions I might know what I’m talking about? Cerrano sucks

Nobody cares about your weird travels

@bopper33

#51 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 December 2022 - 12:20 AM

So flight attendants never showed up to my moms flight. Pilots were there, and flew and empty plane to Baltimore. People were pissed. “We don’t need peanuts. We’ll buckle up. Lets go!”

My mom got placed on an 8pm flight tonight and a $200 voucher. But even the guy at the ticket counter told her to call corporate and ask for more because that is BS.

So how do they know if they will have flight attendants tonight?

Update. Moms 8pm flight was delayed until 11:15pm. Dropped her at the airport at 9pm. Sat in the cell phone lot until she was boarding. She calls me at 10:45 that they are lining up the A group. I start heading home. Calls me at 11:10 that they don’t have a pilot. Flight isn’t canceled yet. But everyone told to sit back down.

The hell is wrong with these people?
@BSLMikeRandall

#52 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,435 posts

Posted 28 December 2022 - 12:21 AM

Update. Moms 8pm flight was delayed until 11:15pm. Dropped her at the airport at 9pm. Sat in the cell phone lot until she was boarding. She calls me at 10:45 that they are lining up the A group. I start heading home. Calls me at 11:10 that they don’t have a pilot. Flight isn’t canceled yet. But everyone told to sit back down.

The hell is wrong with these people?

You may as well scoop her up and (assuming she has her luggage) drive her home yourself.

@bopper33

#53 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 December 2022 - 12:24 AM

Well, thankfully, I think, they might actually fly her out of here. Pilot supposed to arrive at 11:45. Departure time changed to 12:05.
@BSLMikeRandall

#54 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 28 December 2022 - 07:14 AM

I’m in the wrong business. You’re telling me I can make $10K a day as an air marshal If I fly from STL to Orlando to Baltimore and back? Where do I sign up!

The average cost is $3,300. Not what the federal employee makes, Im sure, he is GS scale like all government employees.

I image, plane ticket and expenses takes up part. They are probably factoring in the whole cost of the employee, his overhead, benefits, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=