582 replies to this topic

#61 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,265 posts

Posted 22 December 2022 - 06:56 PM

Trey Hendrickson is playing this weekend with a broken wrist.

Reports when he broke it two weeks ago were that he was expected to miss a few weeks. He finished the broken wrist game, missed one game, and is returning this week.

Of course...

I think there's about a 100% chance we don't see Lamar until the Bengals game, if at all.  Especially if they take care of business Saturday.  It sounds like he's not even close to returning.  Usually, they would be at least saying, "not this week but next week he should be good to go."  Silence from John Harbaugh is not golden. 

#62 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,743 posts

Posted 22 December 2022 - 08:22 PM

I'll be shocked if we see him again this year. He's looking for a massive pay day. Why risk a major knee injury?

#63 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 22 December 2022 - 08:51 PM

I'd expect a week where there's some "partial participation" in practices, an inactive, and then some full participation before he plays an actual game again.

#64 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 06:43 AM

Trey Hendrickson is playing this weekend with a broken wrist.

Reports when he broke it two weeks ago were that he was expected to miss a few weeks. He finished the broken wrist game, missed one game, and is returning this week.

Of course...

He wants to win while sacrificing future years of wrist pain.

#65 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 06:47 AM

He wants to win while sacrificing future years of wrist pain.

is he not cast up?

there has been a few others over the years to have played with broken wrists/arms.

#66 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,265 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 08:24 AM

is he not cast up?

there has been a few others over the years to have played with broken wrists/arms.

Legend has it that old Colt Bill Pellington broke his forearm trying to close line a guy as he accidentally hit his helmet instead of his neck. He was out there for several plays after with a broken arm and eventually they fitted him with a metal brace that he used as a battering hammer in future games.  (LOL)  

#67 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 08:58 AM

Jets lost. Ravens clinch a playoff spot with a win and a NE or MIA loss or tie.
@BSLMikeRandall

#68 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 11:51 AM

I'll be shocked if we see him again this year. He's looking for a massive pay day. Why risk a major knee injury?

I think I touched on this on another thread, but I think Lamar absolutely needs to play again this year if he's looking for a massive payday. Otherwise, I think it might have an adverse affect on his market since this would be the second straight season he'd have missed significant time with injuries. One year could just be attributed to bad luck; a second time would suggest a pattern emerging.

#69 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,265 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 12:13 PM

I think I touched on this on another thread, but I think Lamar absolutely needs to play again this year if he's looking for a massive payday. Otherwise, I think it might have an adverse affect on his market since this would be the second straight season he'd have missed significant time with injuries. One year could just be attributed to bad luck; a second time would suggest a pattern emerging.

It will absolutely affect what he gets.  And he's slowly but surely developing a resume that says he starts out great but fades as the season progresses.  He still has a lot of bad habits fundamentally and he's not an elite quarterback with accuracy.  He's obviously a top 10 player at his position but would I give him Mahomes money?  Or even Allen?  Nope.  I think you'd be stupid to go down that road.  And Watson money is pretty much gone from the picture and I hope he realizes that.  He'd probably be better off bagging another 50 million next year tagged, set himself up for life and then hope he can garner another 100 million long term from another team.  I doubt it would be the Ravens at that point. 

• Steve55 and SouthRider like this

#70 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,882 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 03:22 PM

I hope "G Ro" is factoring this in to the game plan. Maybe throw 45 times? Take advantage of the wind gusts to help get the ball farther down field in the passing game...

Don't even joke about that.  :mrgreen:

#71 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 03:25 PM

He's not going to get the money he is seeking sitting out. But it would only take one I wanna win owner to get that deal. His fear should be what coach would stake their career in bringing him in,

#72 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,111 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 04:04 PM

I think at this point it is more likely than not he's in a different uniform next year and I dont think it's close. His price tag isn't coming down and the Ravens won't match it.

#73 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,279 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 04:36 PM

I think at this point it is more likely than not he's in a different uniform next year and I dont think it's close. His price tag isn't coming down and the Ravens won't match it.

Thats def your hope but its not very realistic.

#74 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,265 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 04:52 PM

EDC has a lot on his plate once this season is over.  I don't envy him because he'll be vilified no matter what he does with Lamar. 

• BaltBird 24 and JStruds like this

#75 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,111 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 06:01 PM

Thats def your hope but its not very realistic.

Twisting again I see.

My hope is that they sign Lamar to a defensible, reasonable contract. That contract is not what Lamar wants.

Do you foresee Lamar asking for less or less guaranteed?

The Ravens didn't budge when that's what he demanded and he hasn't done anything more to justify it. Something has to give.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#76 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,743 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 06:19 PM

50/50 chance we've already seen the last of Lamar in a Ravens uniform? I can't imagine he'll play under the franchise tag next season.
  • jamesdean likes this

#77 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,279 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 06:28 PM

Twisting again I see.

My hope is that they sign Lamar to a defensible, reasonable contract. That contract is not what Lamar wants.

Do you foresee Lamar asking for less or less guaranteed?

The Ravens didn't budge when that's what he demanded and he hasn't done anything more to justify it. Something has to give.

The chances of him being in a Ravens uniform next year are 80+ %. IM being conservative too

#78 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,265 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 07:16 PM

50/50 chance we've already seen the last of Lamar in a Ravens uniform? I can't imagine he'll play under the franchise tag next season.

I don't know about this season but next year?  Yeah, to me, it's about 50/50. 

#79 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,437 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 07:19 PM

The Ravens can’t let him play under the tag next year unless they plan to tag him again in 2024. You can’t just let him leave for a comp pick, if you don’t sign him long term you have to trade. 2nd year tag will be really expensive, so the tag is only to facilitate a trade/more time to sign a deal.
  • Biggsy likes this

#80 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,805 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 09:09 PM

I would probably put the chances of Lamar being a Raven next year at somewhat better than 50%, but maybe not more than 60-65%.  

Interesting "rumor" trade I heard today.  This may be just total speculation and I didn't even verify that the team has all of these picks.  But according to the rumor, the Giants are ready to give Lamar what he wants and would approach the Ravens about trading Daniel Jones and their 2023 1st and 2nd, 2024 1st and 3rd, and 2025 1st for Jackson.  So 3 #1's a #2, and a #3.  I'm totally discounting Jones as a placeholder to the next QB.  But 3 #1's, a #2, and a #3.  Is that enough to pull the trigger?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=