#22 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 22 December 2022 - 08:32 AM

Will Lamar start this weekend?

It's pretty rare for the Ravens to play someone who hasn't practiced, and he hasn't practiced yet that I know of. We'll see what happens today.

• Old Man likes this

#23 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 December 2022 - 09:35 AM

Will Lamar start this weekend?

I think the Ravens want Lamar to play, but I do not think we will see him.

• Old Man likes this
@mikeghg

#24 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 December 2022 - 09:38 AM

Gonna be cold. I'll be there. I hope I don't fall asleep and get stuck to my chair.

I will be there too.  I expect a lot of the fair weather fans to sit this one out, then probably sell their tickets next week to Steeler.  As for me, I will be up in 547 for both games.

@mikeghg

#25 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 22 December 2022 - 09:39 AM

Ravens clinch a playoff spot with a win and a loss or tie from two of NE (vs. CIN), MIA (vs. GB), NYJ (vs. JAX thurs.).
@BSLMikeRandall

#26 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 22 December 2022 - 09:43 AM

I think the Ravens want Lamar to play, but I do not think we will see him.

Its my playoff week in fantasy football, and if Lamar doesnt play, then I am rolling with Zach Wilson, who I picked up after dumping Ryan, who was filling in for White lol 

#27 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 22 December 2022 - 09:44 AM

It's pretty rare for the Ravens to play someone who hasn't practiced, and he hasn't practiced yet that I know of. We'll see what happens today.

cant disagree with your logic.

This is almost do or die for the team, so sometimes things happen.

#28 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 December 2022 - 09:48 AM

Its my playoff week in fantasy football, and if Lamar doesnt play, then I am rolling with Zach Wilson, who I picked up after dumping Ryan, who was filling in for White lol 

Tyler Huntley is probably available. :-P

@mikeghg

#29 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 22 December 2022 - 09:49 AM

Tyler Huntley is probably available. :-P

He was available last week, nobody wanted him, last week or this week. LOL

#30 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 22 December 2022 - 09:49 AM

cant disagree with your logic.

This is almost do or die for the team, so sometimes things happen.

It's tough, there's two compelling views: every game is critical now so play him if you can, or having him 100% for the playoffs is critical, and you can probably beat the Falcons without, so rest him. I could see either way.

It's pretty unlucky for you that your other QB plays today so you can't wait till Saturday morning for more news.

• Old Man likes this

#31 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,095 posts

Posted 22 December 2022 - 09:52 AM

Ill be shocked if Lamar plays Sat

#32 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 22 December 2022 - 09:57 AM

It would be shocking to me if Lamar plays Saturday. I think we've learned that the Ravens always underplay severity of injuries, for competitive advantage purposes. Add in lack of practice participation and just a couple days out from the game... eh, we'll probably be lucky to have him back in the field for the finale.

#33 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,095 posts

Posted 22 December 2022 - 10:10 AM

It would be shocking to me if Lamar plays Saturday. I think we've learned that the Ravens always underplay severity of injuries, for competitive advantage purposes. Add in lack of practice participation and just a couple days out from the game... eh, we'll probably be lucky to have him back in the field for the finale.

We already heard it reported that no matter what they dont expect him to be back close to 100% no matter when he returns. I do think the plan is to  get in the playoffs and hope he can be effective. If that means sitting out the rest of the reg season and essentially handing the division to CIncy then so be it

#34 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 22 December 2022 - 10:34 AM

It's tough, there's two compelling views: every game is critical now so play him if you can, or having him 100% for the playoffs is critical, and you can probably beat the Falcons without, so rest him. I could see either way.

It's pretty unlucky for you that your other QB plays today so you can't wait till Saturday morning for more news.

It is, hopefully, I have enough other pieces to pick up the slack and advance to next week.

#35 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 22 December 2022 - 10:50 AM

Gotta start to consider the possibility that Lamar has already played his last game in Baltimore.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#36 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,095 posts

Posted 22 December 2022 - 10:53 AM

Gotta start to consider the possibility that Lamar has already played his last game in Baltimore.

Less than 1 %. If that makes you consider then have at it

• Mackus likes this

#37 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 22 December 2022 - 11:04 AM

Lol. Less than 1 %. If that makes you consider then have at it

When I mentioned weeks ago, that the Ravens have had plenty of time to ink him if they wanted him.

It was pointed out they could just use the franchise tag on him.

#38 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 22 December 2022 - 11:29 AM

Just out of curiosity at what point should the Ravens change things up if they cant get the run game going and are behind. You tell me now so I cant say its MMQBing

Have no clue what that acronym means nor am I going to look it up.  So, in other words, you're asking what do they do with the worst case scenario and they can't run on the Atlanta Falcons?  Well, I guess they're royally fucked, right?  I'm sure Roman will undoubtedly start to wing it all over God's creation and they'll lose the game to a lousy team.  But if you have such little faith that they'll be able to run the ball effectively, I don't what to tell you.  I feel pretty confident they'll punish them.  Whether Roman finds that appealing is another story.  Again, count how many times they run the ball more than twice consecutively.  

#39 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 22 December 2022 - 11:30 AM

Could be.  It's definitely a possibility. 

#40 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 22 December 2022 - 11:54 AM

I’ll be there too. Brrrrr

Ravens 0 - 0 Falcons

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic