Photo

BSL: Lamar Jackson. Step Up, or Step Out.

• Please log in to reply
347 replies to this topic

#341 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,424 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 12:40 PM

Of Roman's 3 very broad responsibilities--run game playbook, pass game playbook, play calling--he's very good at one and poor at the other two. I would take someone who is worse at the first if he's better at the other two. But I have no clue who that might be, that's left to others to decide. Someone mentioned the Shanahan system, I also think Lamar could be good in that.

#342 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,709 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 06 December 2022 - 12:46 PM

Ive been in this camp for a long time. I think its time to try something different at OC and as someone said recently, hope that the new OC can carry over some of ROman's better running schemes. 

I am still holding out hope for a redux of 2012. Fire Roman, promote Tee Martin to OC and let him put fresh eyes on the playbook. He can utilize the blocking schemes and run concepts that are already in place but then put his own touches on the passing game. Akin to how Caldwell took Cameron's playbook and bumped up the tempo a bit, which lead to Joe having a historic post season run. Unfortunately, with Lamar down for who knows how long, Roman now has an excuse.

• You Play to Win the Game and makoman like this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#343 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 06 December 2022 - 12:49 PM

I am still holding out hope for a redux of 2012. Fire Roman, promote Tee Martin to OC and let him put fresh eyes on the playbook. He can utilize the blocking schemes and run concepts that are already in place but then put his own touches on the passing game. Akin to how Caldwell took Cameron's playbook and bumped up the tempo a bit, which lead to Joe having a historic post season run. Unfortunately, with Lamar down for who knows how long, Roman now has an excuse.

Ehh, that excuse didn't work that well with Wink.

I think he's gone at the end of the year regardless.

#344 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,630 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 December 2022 - 01:01 PM

I think Wink wanted to leave and I would not be surprised if Roman is in the same boat.  I agree though.  I believe Roman is done after this season.

I wonder if there is any discussion, going on right now.  Harbs clearly was not happy about the trick playing timing this past week.

@mikeghg

#345 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 01:04 PM

Changing in season was never very likely but with it now being Huntley for at least a week, and probably more, that makes it more unlikely.

#346 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 01:23 PM

Roman has never OC'd any of his run games without a QB who could also act as a RB a least half a dozen times a game. He won't go anywhere that doesn't have a run capable QB at his disposal. I don't think he stands a chance of success without a QB who can bail him out and make off book plays many times a game.

#347 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 01:39 PM

From your lips to God's ears.

#348 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,709 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 06 December 2022 - 02:42 PM

I think Wink wanted to leave and I would not be surprised if Roman is in the same boat.  I agree though.  I believe Roman is done after this season.

I wonder if there is any discussion, going on right now.  Harbs clearly was not happy about the trick playing timing this past week.

Wink did want to leave. He was looking for a change.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=