610 replies to this topic

#61 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 27 October 2022 - 08:38 AM

There are a lot of Ravens fans down here in Florida for today’s game.  

Snow Birds. :) :) :)

#62 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,641 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 October 2022 - 08:40 AM

Snow Birds. :) :) :)

Maybe, but I think many are here for the game.  I went for a walk this morning and Ravens gear was very noticeable.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@mikeghg

#63 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 27 October 2022 - 09:16 AM

Maybe, but I think many are here for the game.  I went for a walk this morning and Ravens gear was very noticeable.

I know many adults that the Sept/Oct/Nov timeframe is when they travel.

Their kids are grown and out of school, or away in college.

The weather is still pretty good in some places, and the tourist crowds are down from the summer rush.

#64 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,226 posts

Posted 27 October 2022 - 10:28 AM

Slide master DM’d me his prediction:

Tampa 68
Baltimore -4

Lol

The Ravens will get shut out.

However....

They get the -4 for their defense having "No Heart" (-2) and for the entire defensive unit " Not Playing like a Raven." (-2)
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#65 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,641 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 October 2022 - 10:52 AM

I know many adults that the Sept/Oct/Nov timeframe is when they travel.

Their kids are grown and out of school, or away in college.

The weather is still pretty good in some places, and the tourist crowds are down from the summer rush.

You just described me.  We came down for the sun, beach and the Ravens.  We are in Clearwater Beach about a 40 minute drive from Tampa.  We are leaving about 4:30 PM for dinner then the game.  

• Ravens2006, Old Man and SouthRider like this
@mikeghg

#66 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 27 October 2022 - 11:33 AM

You just described me.  We came down for the sun, beach and the Ravens.  We are in Clearwater Beach about a 40 minute drive from Tampa.  We are leaving about 4:30 PM for dinner then the game.  

Went to Clearwater for the first time back in the summer.  Very cool area.  Could see a move down there someday maybe.

Google tells me it's called the "Beach Fire Beach Bar & Grille" (cuz I couldn't remember on my own)...  corner of Avalon and Mandalay Ave... owned by MD ex-pats and Ravens / Orioles friendly... bright yellow (I think) awning... (just in case you don't already know this!)

#67 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 27 October 2022 - 12:10 PM

Lol

The Ravens will get shut out.

However....

They get the -4 for their defense having "No Heart" (-2) and for the entire defensive unit " Not Playing like a Raven." (-2)

Oh they play like a Raven. That just means something different now.

And yes, they have no heart or leadership. Argue with me.

#68 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,226 posts

Posted 27 October 2022 - 12:25 PM

Oh they play like a Raven. That just means something different now.

And yes, they have no heart or leadership. Argue with me.

You say same shit every week,every game thread.

Somebody needs to pull your string Chicken Little.
  • Old Man likes this

#69 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 27 October 2022 - 12:34 PM

or just plop them into the penalty box (ignore feature) which I have found out from past battles, it very stress relieving, it keeps me from "engaging" with ones that just want to be disagreeable. 

#70 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,226 posts

Posted 27 October 2022 - 12:39 PM

or just plop them into the penalty box (ignore feature) which I have found out from past battles, it very stress relieving, it keeps me from "engaging" with ones that just want to be disagreeable.

I find Slide entertaining.(In a redundant way.)

I'd rather read and not reply than place people on ignore.

That said, I'm not going to ague about "heart" or "leadership". None of us are in the huddle on game days.

#71 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,641 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 October 2022 - 12:47 PM

Went to Clearwater for the first time back in the summer.  Very cool area.  Could see a move down there someday maybe.

Google tells me it's called the "Beach Fire Beach Bar & Grille" (cuz I couldn't remember on my own)...  corner of Avalon and Mandalay Ave... owned by MD ex-pats and Ravens / Orioles friendly... bright yellow (I think) awning... (just in case you don't already know this!)

We watched the game Beach Fire on Sunday. We are staying 2 blocks away,   The man that owns it, is a Catonsville man, and owns 3 places. He has a Maryland menu, on Ravens game days.  I had pit beef, crab soup, and shrimp and a Ravens win.

My 6 year old grandson went to his first regular season game in my place.  A good day for everyone.

• Ravens2006 likes this
@mikeghg

#72 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 27 October 2022 - 01:17 PM

And it's true every week.

They have blown 3 double digit 4th quarter leads in what is a historically terrible start to a season for a defense. They very nearly blew another last week had Cleveland not beaten themselves with penalties. When the game is in its most critical moments, they play the worst.

This isn't arguable. It is fact. Go ahead and explain to me how that happens with this much talent in that unit without it being a problem with leadership or heart.

"Playing like a Raven" in 2022 doesn't mean what it did even 5 years ago.

#73 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,805 posts

Posted 27 October 2022 - 01:23 PM

Because of the injuries on both sides I think this game could go either way.  I'm still going to stick with my original prediction of Tampa simply because it's a road Thursday night game for the Ravens, and I still believe Tampa will play with a greater sense of urgency because they have lost 2 in a row and need the game more.   Once underway though, who knows what happens.  I think it will be lower scoring, somewhere around 23-19.  

#74 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,226 posts

Posted 27 October 2022 - 03:32 PM

And it's true every week.

They have blown 3 double digit 4th quarter leads in what is a historically terrible start to a season for a defense. They very nearly blew another last week had Cleveland not beaten themselves with penalties. When the game is in its most critical moments, they play the worst.

This isn't arguable. It is fact. Go ahead and explain to me how that happens with this much talent in that unit without it being a problem with leadership or heart.

"Playing like a Raven" in 2022 doesn't mean what it did even 5 years ago.

"Playing like a Raven" has always been BS.

It sells shirts.

"Heart" and leadership" are intangibles that can't be measured.

Your position that the team lacks both may or may not be correct. Neither of us suits up or is around the team on a daily basis.

Enjoy the game.

#75 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,354 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 27 October 2022 - 04:03 PM

I’m down here in Florida for the game. Decent number of people in the Clearwater area in Ravens gear, but nothing like South Beach last year. Will be interesting to see how it translates to the stadium.
@BSLZackKiesel

#76 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,259 posts

Posted 27 October 2022 - 05:29 PM

Bucs SB Nation: Staff Predictions

https://www.bucsnati...-for-nfl-week-8

#77 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,259 posts

Posted 27 October 2022 - 05:37 PM

CBS Sports: Buccaneers vs. Ravens: Time, how to watch, live streaming, key matchups, pick for 'Thursday Night Football'

https://www.cbssport...night-football/

#78 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,259 posts

Posted 27 October 2022 - 05:53 PM

Inactives: 

Armour-Davis, CB
Wallace, WR
Davis, RB
Bynes, LB
Cleveland, G

Campbell, DT

#79 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,259 posts

Posted 27 October 2022 - 05:53 PM

We have signed DB Daryl Worley to the active roster from the practice squad. We have also elevated LB Devon Kennard and NT Isaiah Mack to the active roster for tonight’s game.

#80 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,259 posts

Posted 27 October 2022 - 05:54 PM

#Ravens QB Lamar Jackson needs 57 yards rushing tonight to pass Steve Young for 5th on the NFL's all-time rushing list for QBs. Most rushing yards by QB Michael Vick: 6,109 Cam Newton: 5,628 Steve McNair: 4,928 Russell WIlson: 4,785 Steve Young: 4,239 Lamar Jackson: 4,183

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=