610 replies to this topic

#581 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,826 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 09:36 AM

I’m so tired of the scared coaching. They look at a team. Their rankings. And change our offensive game plan each week. But with this offense, they need to do what THEY do and let the defense adjust or prove they can stop it. Act like a collective alpha on offense. Stop trying to be too cute and be something we aren’t.

Its even more bewildering than this, because the Bucs aren't good against the run.  Its like they changed up from what the Ravens do best in spite of that also being the thing the Bucs do worst. Bucs are 4th-best in Y/A allowed and have 2nd most sacks (I think all these now include last night's game so counting numbers especially may be a bit different than before the game) but they are bottom ten in total rushing yards and yards per carry.

I just absolutely do not understand what they were thinking in the first half.  They aren't stupid, that's too simple of an explanation.  So maybe its simple hubris or overthinking in a "we know that they know that we know" type of way?  I can't think of a reason that makes any sense, so maybe they did just get stupid.

#582 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 October 2022 - 09:39 AM

Because Roman is an idiot. 

I think the short passing game changed the game.  The Bucs were storming the LOS early in the game.  Lamar looked a little jumpy early on. But the Ravens slowed everything down, getting the ball outside, and I think wore the Bucs down.  The second half they took advantage of the Bucs and just pounded them.  Sometimes what you do in the first half pays dividends in the second half. I think it did last night.

@mikeghg

#583 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 09:40 AM

I hadn't completely forgotten it, but it was quite jarring to see again live just how insufferable Tom Brady is.  How does anybody like that guy?

Why do you say that?  I'm neither a huge fan nor a hater, but I don't find him any more or less offensive than anyone else, except people are used to him winning most of the time and now he isn't.

#584 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,826 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 09:42 AM

Could Barrett's injury be the simple explanation for when and why things flipped from Ravens not being able to do anything offensively to them being nearly unstoppable offensively?  That was on the Ravens first drive of the second half.  He was dominant in the first half.

#585 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 October 2022 - 09:43 AM

I’m so tired of the scared coaching. They look at a team. Their rankings. And change our offensive game plan each week. But with this offense, they need to do what THEY do and let the defense adjust or prove they can stop it. Act like a collective alpha on offense. Stop trying to be too cute and be something we aren’t.

I really thought the passes we threw were an extension of the run game.  

@mikeghg

#586 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,826 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 09:43 AM

Why do you say that?  I'm neither a huge fan nor a hater, but I don't find him any more or less offensive than anyone else, except people are used to him winning most of the time and now he isn't.

His incessant whining is really off-putting.  He acts like a spiraling toddler.  I don't think anyone else acts nearly as obnoxiously as Brady does.

• russsnyder likes this

#587 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 09:48 AM

Aside from his blowup on the sideline vs Pittsburgh, I think Brady looks generally disinterested.

I'd wager he regrets his decision to come back if it is costing him his marriage and especially now that the season is falling apart.

He also threw some balls in the dirt last night. Looked the same way the final season in NE.

• cprenegade likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#588 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 09:50 AM

I'm one of those rare few that have always liked Brady and the Patriots.  When they weren't playing the Ravens, always routed for them. I think he's a great role model for people not only for his dedication, discipline and talent but also how he educated himself in nutrition, exercise and the incredible care he has for his body.  That's sorely lacking in our society today with obesity rates skyrocketing with each passing year.  The general population could learn a lot from him and his self-discipline.  Sure, it helps having millions of dollars at your disposal but I think he would have been the same way regardless of what road he would have went down for his profession. I admire him to be honest.  Yes, he can get whiny with the officials and throw his tantrums at his teammates but the man is a winner.  

• cprenegade likes this

#589 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,481 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 October 2022 - 09:56 AM

I really thought the passes we threw were an extension of the run game.

In the first half?

#590 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 09:58 AM

His incessant whining is really off-putting.  He acts like a spiraling toddler.  I don't think anyone else acts nearly as obnoxiously as Brady does.

I've seen a lot of QBs act like that.  Actually all players.  Maybe Brady does it more, I don't know.  I saw Peyton constantly yell at his receivers.  Lamar nearly bitch slapped Ricard last night for his holding call.  I've seen him throw his helmet on the sideline.  Peters wanted to punch out the coach a few weeks ago.  I just figure it's part of the game.  I think I would rather have him that way then be like Aaron Rogers and call his guys out in the press.  And I like Rogers.  I do find Harbaugh annoying at times.  Every flag that comes out he scrunches up his face and looks like you can't be serious to call that!  But all coaches do that too.  They lobby the officials on every call.  

I guess it's all in your perspective and how you feel about the guy.  I know people that used to call Earl Weaver a petulant little baby who has to throw a tantrum in front of a stadium full of fans.  I personally loved his show.  The night he ripped up the rule book on the field was priceless!  

#591 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 10:01 AM

I'm one of those rare few that have always liked Brady and the Patriots.  When they weren't playing the Ravens, always routed for them. I think he's a great role model for people not only for his dedication, discipline and talent but also how he educated himself in nutrition, exercise and the incredible care he has for his body.  That's sorely lacking in our society today with obesity rates skyrocketing with each passing year.  The general population could learn a lot from him and his self-discipline.  Sure, it helps having millions of dollars at your disposal but I think he would have been the same way regardless of what road he would have went down for his profession. I admire him to be honest.  Yes, he can get whiny with the officials and throw his tantrums at his teammates but the man is a winner.  

I was really never one way or the other.  I respected their ability to consistently win in today's NFL environment.  I think most people hated them for that.  Unless it's your team, nobody likes to see a team winning every year or every other year.  But it really never bothered me all that much.  

#592 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 10:04 AM

Aside from his blowup on the sideline vs Pittsburgh, I think Brady looks generally disinterested.

I'd wager he regrets his decision to come back if it is costing him his marriage and especially now that the season is falling apart.

He also threw some balls in the dirt last night. Looked the same way the final season in NE.

You could be right.  But if I were him, I don't think I would regret it.  I would rather hang on maybe one year past when I should than retire and be left feeling maybe I still had some left in the tank.  I think that's why you see so many greats unretire.  If Brady's season keeps going the way it is now, he should retire for good and know that he used every bit of it up, until he just didn't have the edge anymore.  

#593 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,826 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 10:10 AM

8 straight games they've built a 10+ point lead now.  That continues to really amaze me.  Equally as amazing that they've given back that lead half the time.  But at least the past two they didn't!  Lets keep that trend going.

• NewMarketSean likes this

#594 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 28 October 2022 - 12:34 PM

The Ravens started to move the ball well in the last drive of the first half, we just ran out of time.

I'm not opposed to challenging their secondary when it's missing 3 starters, but I think you can be a *little* less lopsided than 7:30 run:pass.

#595 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 28 October 2022 - 12:47 PM

Lamar should have gained some game day confidence in both Likely and Robinson last night. More targets to use is a good thing.

WR screens worked well last night at least twice that I recall; once to DD and once to Robinson.

And - as others pointed out in this thread - continue to get the ball to Duvernay.

#596 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 01:54 PM

That’s where I think Roman gets in trouble. He dials up game plans to supposedly attack other teams weaknesses. But that’s not often the Ravens strength. What the Ravens do they do well against most teams. I would use my strength first and then adjust if it wasn’t working.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#597 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,202 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 03:09 PM

His incessant whining is really off-putting. He acts like a spiraling toddler. I don't think anyone else acts nearly as obnoxiously as Brady does.

I agree.

He acts like a spoiled brat.

I can't stand him.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#598 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,286 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 03:16 PM

His incessant whining is really off-putting. He acts like a spiraling toddler. I don't think anyone else acts nearly as obnoxiously as Brady does.

I don't know. Josh Allen cried to the refs every time a Raven dared to walk in his direction. Lost a lot of respect for him in our game.

#599 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,826 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 03:31 PM

I don't know. Josh Allen cried to the refs every time a Raven dared to walk in his direction. Lost a lot of respect for him in our game.

Allen isn't 1% as obnoxious as Brady, IMO.

#600 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 28 October 2022 - 04:03 PM

I think Lamar should cry to the refs more to be honest.  Might as well, as long as you don't get an unsportsmanlike for it whats the worst that could happen?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=