Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 06:27 AM

Lamar: 30 attempts in first half = 3 points

8 attempts in second half = 24 points

Maybe leave that on a sticky note for Roman this morning?

He'll sit his coffee on top of it and not read it, pay attention, or care...

#562 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,712 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 October 2022 - 07:25 AM

Need that from Lamar every week as a norm.

#563 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,712 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 October 2022 - 07:33 AM

They’re 3-1 on the road this season.

#564 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,222 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 07:36 AM

I think I'm still a little bit more perplexed/angry at the first half than I am excited about the second half.  The second half was excellent, both sides of the ball.  But damn...just can't figure out why they tried to throw it so much in the first half.  I get that TB was trying to take away the run, but weren't they also doing that in the second half?

Anyways, was very important to get that turned around and win somewhat comfortably.  Nice to now have the extra rest and prep time before the Saints game.  The Saints kinda stink, so that's a good opportunity for another road win.

#565 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,814 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 07:36 AM

They’re 3-1 on the road this season.

Its crazy. I used to think homefield in the NFL was easily the biggest edge of all the pro sports. It may still be but road games dont feel anywhere near as daunting

#566 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,345 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 07:37 AM

Lamar: 30 attempts in first half = 3 points

8 attempts in second half = 24 points

Maybe leave that on a sticky note for Roman this morning?

What's ironic is if you look around the league now, more and more teams are emphasizing the running game with their quarterbacks playing an important role in it.  The Ravens and Lamar set the standard of punishing the opposition with their legs.  They laid down the gauntlet for the rest of the league to follow and they have.  And as that has happened, the Ravens decide it's no longer good enough for them...that they need for Lamar to throw the ball a 100 times in order to drive a square peg into a round hole.  Finally, after utter futility and embarrassment, they realize that maybe they should return to better times and wow, they ring up 24 points in a half.  At this point, I don't know what can be done about Roman other than firing him.  Just like Harbaugh, he's a hard head and just can't get out of his own way.  

• bmore_ken likes this

#567 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,712 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 October 2022 - 07:41 AM

I think I'm still a little bit more perplexed/angry at the first half than I am excited about the second half. The second half was excellent, both sides of the ball. But damn...just can't figure out why they tried to throw it so much in the first half. I get that TB was trying to take away the run, but weren't they also doing that in the second half?

Anyways, was very important to get that turned around and win somewhat comfortably. Nice to now have the extra rest and prep time before the Saints game. The Saints kinda stink, so that's a good opportunity for another road win.

Lol, I hear you, but I’m the opposite this morning. Which makes sense given where we both are on this Lamar stuff. Given it had been about a month since we’ve seen this, the second half last night brought a lot of joy for me. It was awesome to see.

#568 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,712 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 October 2022 - 07:43 AM

Its crazy. I used to think homefield in the NFL was easily the biggest edge of all the pro sports. It may still be but road games dont feel anywhere near as daunting

It isn’t what it used to be. For whatever reason, kids today just don’t seem that impressed over crowd noise. Maybe it was never as big a thing as we made it out to be?

But having regular success on the road probably means this team doesn’t have a heart issue. Can’t just Willy nilly win road games like that if you lack heart.

#569 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,222 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 07:52 AM

I hadn't completely forgotten it, but it was quite jarring to see again live just how insufferable Tom Brady is.  How does anybody like that guy?

#570 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 07:59 AM

I hadn't completely forgotten it, but it was quite jarring to see again live just how insufferable Tom Brady is.  How does anybody like that guy?

Regularly losing is unfamiliar to him, but he better get used to it for the remaining 9 games.

#571 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,712 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 October 2022 - 08:08 AM

If you’re going to commit to Lamar longterm, you have to get more consistency out of him and the offense. Any commitment to Lamar HAS to include an overhaul of the offensive coaching. I’ve seen enough.
  • jamesdean likes this

#572 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 08:09 AM

Players being home, can be somewhat distracted by home life, where players are on the road, are away from home life. 

Numbers have been dropping for the past 10 years. in 2019, home team won just 52.3%, 2nd lowest mark at the time.

#573 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 08:10 AM

You can say that about many players, for example, Aaron Rogers quickly comes to mind.

#574 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 08:11 AM

Lamar on pace to throw 60 passes tonight, in a one score game.  Somebody needs severe punishment for this game plan.  

That's been a common flaw since 2008, happens way too often.  Flacco.  Jackson.  Random other guys on occasion here and there in between.

Pass crazy attacks in close games with personnel that don't do their best in a pass happy, zero balance schemed offense.  

They were fortunate last night that Tampa isn't really that good either and Brady might finally be falling off (plus his O line might be the worst he's ever stood behind right now).  The concern is that it will continue to be common practice when the opponents are better and looking to end your season...

Only one person has been constant through it all.  Which means he's the biggest threat to seeing it happen again.  And again.  

"Wired" before the week one game (I think) showed Harbs giving a speech during the week to the team about building momentum early, rolling with that momentum, pulling away, etc.   Maybe he should listen to his own babble sometimes.  Sort of gross negligence to do what they did the first half last night.

#575 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 08:41 AM

I think I'm still a little bit more perplexed/angry at the first half than I am excited about the second half.  The second half was excellent, both sides of the ball.  But damn...just can't figure out why they tried to throw it so much in the first half.  I get that TB was trying to take away the run, but weren't they also doing that in the second half?

Anyways, was very important to get that turned around and win somewhat comfortably.  Nice to now have the extra rest and prep time before the Saints game.  The Saints kinda stink, so that's a good opportunity for another road win.

Because Roman is an idiot. 

#576 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 08:47 AM

Watched the highlights and checked out the box score. Brady had some poor throws. He's looking old. The Ravens held the Bucs to 44 yards rushing. Nice win for the good guys. Two wins in one week is kinda fun.

First time I've seen him this year. he definitely hung on one year too long.

#577 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,345 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 08:58 AM

First time I've seen him this year. he definitely hung on one year too long.

Peyton Manning did the same thing.  It has to be an ego thing because none of these guys need the money. 

#578 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,712 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 October 2022 - 09:23 AM

Peyton Manning did the same thing. It has to be an ego thing because none of these guys need the money.

I think it’s an identity thing, as well as not knowing for sure that you’re done, until you do know. It’s such a special and unique experience for these guys. And to hang it up when you wonder if you’ve still got some juice left can be torturous to some. It’s sad to see it confirmed on the field when they are done though. Even Brady, don’t like him, it was kind of hard to watch. He stinks.

#579 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,712 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 October 2022 - 09:25 AM

I’m so tired of the scared coaching. They look at a team. Their rankings. And change our offensive game plan each week. But with this offense, they need to do what THEY do and let the defense adjust or prove they can stop it. Act like a collective alpha on offense. Stop trying to be too cute and be something we aren’t.
  • jamesdean likes this

#580 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,345 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 09:35 AM

I’m so tired of the scared coaching. They look at a team. Their rankings. And change our offensive game plan each week. But with this offense, they need to do what THEY do and let the defense adjust or prove they can stop it. Act like a collective alpha on offense. Stop trying to be too cute and be something we aren’t.

100% spot on. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=