23 replies to this topic

#21 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,365 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 10:31 AM

It happens with young players.  The kid is the real deal.  He will adjust.

And medium players and old players, too.  Its baseball, slumps happen.  Henderson and Rutschman were just about the only guys hitting for the first half of September when there was still a shot.

Henderson has been ice cold since then, but I don't think its anything concerning.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#22 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 October 2022 - 10:49 AM

And medium players and old players, too.  Its baseball, slumps happen.  Henderson and Rutschman were just about the only guys hitting for the first half of September when there was still a shot.

Henderson has been ice cold since then, but I don't think its anything concerning.

Maybe it is me, but the team seemed deflated last night.  It was the first time this year, that I saw, the let's get this year over with a go home body language.  I don't blame them though.  It was cold, rainy and plain miserable.

@mikeghg

#23 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,365 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 10:54 AM

Maybe it is me, but the team seemed deflated last night.  It was the first time this year, that I saw, the let's get this year over with a go home body language.  I don't blame them though.  It was cold, rainy and plain miserable.

I didn't get to see any of the game, just followed on GameDay, so can't say if I agree or disagree with your take.  But I do frequently think that we all tend to conflate playing poorly (i.e. not getting any hits) with not trying very hard.  I think lack of effort or focus happens, and can happen collectively, but its far less frequent than we think based on our observations.

#24 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 October 2022 - 10:58 AM

I didn't get to see any of the game, just followed on GameDay, so can't say if I agree or disagree with your take.  But I do frequently think that we all tend to conflate playing poorly (i.e. not getting any hits) with not trying very hard.  I think lack of effort or focus happens, and can happen collectively, but its far less frequent than we think based on our observations.

I don't think any Oriole was dogging it.  They were trying, there was just not the normal energy.  I sat opposite the Orioles dugout and it was quiet and calm in there.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=