#601 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,610 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 25 September 2022 - 04:02 PM

Feel good for Hamilton making a big play. Easy for a rookie to lose confidence.

On to Buffalo.
  • You Play to Win the Game and Mike in STL like this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#602 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 04:02 PM

Really hope none of the injuries were serious. They are so snakebit with this. And it's always at the positions they can least afford it.

#603 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,361 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 04:04 PM

Really hope none of the injuries were serious. They are so snakebit with this. And it's always at the positions they can least afford it.

Would be a miracle if the Mekari injury wasnt serious by the looks of it

#604 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 04:07 PM

MacDonald isn't going anywhere.  Well, unless Bisciotti got involved and demanded it but I doubt that happens.  Never the less, this is a major issue going on and next weeks game could very well be another one of those 45-40 games.  It's probably the only way the Ravens can win because the defense is going to give up a boatload of points to Allen & Co.  I don't see how it can be avoided.  Sure there's injuries but it's very sobering how poor they are fundamentally in pass coverage.  The tackling is bad enough but receivers are winding up in different zip codes downfield.  I don't know how you fix it short of creating a much better pass rush.  Good luck with that one.  The Ravens should still beat teams like New England(or worse) but against the best teams, it's going to be daunting to even stay competitive. 

#605 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,361 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 04:09 PM

MacDonald isn't going anywhere. Well, unless Bisciotti got involved and demanded it but I doubt that happens. Never the less, this is a major issue going on and next weeks game could very well be another one of those 45-40 games. It's probably the only way the Ravens can win because the defense is going to give up a boatload of points to Allen & Co. I don't see how it can be avoided. Sure there's injuries but it's very sobering how poor they are fundamentally in pass coverage. The tackling is bad enough but receivers are winding up in different zip codes downfield. I don't know how you fix it short of creating a much better pass rush. Good luck with that one. The Ravens should still beat teams like New England(or worse) but against the best teams, it's going to be daunting to even stay competitive.

They just dont do anything well on defense. The front 7 is quite weak and there is too much miscommunication in the secondary

#606 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 25 September 2022 - 04:11 PM

Harbaugh said Houston and Mekari were not long term. Didn't hear anything about Pierce.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#607 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 04:12 PM

I watched the game at my stepson's house.

I'm no expert on line play, however, Faalele stepped up big time. Lamar turned in a big time performace. Big win today.
  • JStruds likes this
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#608 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 04:15 PM

You still have a problem paying Lamar?

I'm still not giving him 60/360 fully guaranteed, no.

#609 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 September 2022 - 04:17 PM

There was a lot of good in today’s game.

Lamar…He put the team on his back today.   It looked like he just was not going to let the Ravens lose today.  He was especially good after the Patriots took the lead.  So much for the Patriots who have a really good defense, and Hoodie being able to shut LJ down.

Justice Hill…..he really helped the running game today.  He should be the back that alternates with JK at least until Gus comes back.

Duvernay….just call him a playmaker.  He is electric.

Andrews- Terrific.

Calais Campbell.  At the end when we needed pressure CC came through.   

The defense gave up way to many big plays but they made some too.  

• jamesdean and russsnyder like this
@mikeghg

#610 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 04:19 PM

They just dont do anything well on defense. The front 7 is quite weak and there is too much miscommunication in the secondary

They've been playing predominantly zone defense. You only have so many variations of zone coverage. If you're having that many miscommunication issues, that's on the coordinator more than the players.

When you have guys with proven track records like Humphrey, Peters, Williams and Clark are having a bunch of issues, you start to look at what has changed around them.

#611 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 04:21 PM

I'm not going to be sunshine and roses because they eeked out a win against a team they should be 2 tds better than with ease.

This defense is a problem. Winning doesn't change that.

It's like my high school baseball coach said after a particularly ugly winning effort. " A win is a win, is a win."

Kind of a shame you can't fully enjoy a Ravens victory, but I'm sure that you are ok with it.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#612 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 04:22 PM

Well, they have created a good amount of turnovers which is a major improvement over last year.  Other than that, it's bad.  REAL bad.  

#613 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 04:28 PM

There was a lot of good in today’s game.

Lamar…He put the team on his back today.   It looked like he just was not going to let the Ravens lose today.  He was especially good after the Patriots took the lead.  So much for the Patriots who have a really good defense, and Hoodie being able to shut LJ down.

Justice Hill…..he really helped the running game today.  He should be the back that alternates with JK at least until Gus comes back.

Duvernay….just call him a playmaker.  He is electric.

Andrews- Terrific.

Calais Campbell.  At the end when we needed pressure CC came through.   

The defense gave up way to many big plays but they made some too.  

You certainly can't argue with 37 points.  Hell, I'll take that every week without hesitation.  I'm a bit curious as to why Bateman only had 4 targets today.  I haven't watched the recording of the game yet (will do tomorrow) but was he being draped all afternoon?  If he's your No. 1 wide out, you have to target him more than that.  Duvernay is finally being utilized this year unlike the previous seasons.  That has always been a head scratcher to me with a guy who is that dangerous with a ball in his hands.  Yes, Justice Hill absolutely needs to be the No. 1 back right now with Dobbins working his way back into game shape but give him the damn ball more often.  And what can you say about Lamar?  Just a game wrecker, a generational talent that I will always feel fortunate to have witnessed as a football fan. 

#614 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 04:29 PM

My skin is too thick to care - we all know you were referring to me. And guess what? I don't care. I can't even focus on any of the good when the defense is bottom 5 bad.

You are gonna have a heart attack dude! Maybe don’t watch sports anymore if it F’s you up this much?

#615 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 04:31 PM

It's like my high school baseball coach said after a particularly ugly winning effort. " A win is a win, is a win."

Kind of a shame you can't fully enjoy a Ravens victory, but I'm sure that you are ok with it.

I really don't enjoy much about the rooting and fanship aspect of pro sports, but I can't turn it off, so it happens.
  • BaltBird 24 likes this

#616 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 04:32 PM

You are gonna have a heart attack dude! Maybe don’t watch sports anymore if it F’s you up this much?

That ship sailed a long time ago.

#617 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 25 September 2022 - 05:11 PM

The (successful) mesh play is back! The running game showed some life for the first time. That opens up the field for #8 which should be scary for opposing defenses given what he did with no running game in weeks 1-2.

The defense gives up too many chunk yardage plays, but forcing turnovers again is good. Not sure if the DBs are this bad or the lack of pressure makes them look more horrible than they are. Not hoping for much from JPP, but if he can give Oweh and Houston some rest, that might help. Could learning a new defensive scheme be an issue?

Justin Tucker clanked an XP. Write it down because it's seldom seen. Hold looked good, I think he just pushed it a bit.

#618 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 25 September 2022 - 05:26 PM

The (successful) mesh play is back! The running game showed some life for the first time. That opens up the field for #8 which should be scary for opposing defenses given what he did with no running game in weeks 1-2.

The defense gives up too many chunk yardage plays, but forcing turnovers again is good. Not sure if the DBs are this bad or the lack of pressure makes them look more horrible than they are. Not hoping for much from JPP, but if he can give Oweh and Houston some rest, that might help. Could learning a new defensive scheme be an issue?

Justin Tucker clanked an XP. Write it down because it's seldom seen. Hold looked good, I think he just pushed it a bit.

I'm out of rep for the day otherwise I'd give you some. Agree 100% on the running game. We saw some of the looks that have been so successful over the last few years. There was actually space for the backs to operate and Dobbins/Hill look explosive at times today.

The offense is going to have to carry things until the defense can, hopefully, level out.

With JPP, I'd hope it would just be simple, hand in the dirt, go get the QB in passing situations. Also, JPP can give Oweh and Houston a rest here and there on those passing downs.
  • JStruds likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#619 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 05:37 PM

I thought Lamar looked a little hurt last year even before he got hurt. We know how the team finished after he was finished. This is healthy and a little bulked up Lamar. And the OL still isn't all that great. Extend this dude and spend more on OL. Enjoy the results for many years to come...
  • BaltBird 24 and jamesdean like this

#620 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 25 September 2022 - 06:19 PM

I thought Lamar looked a little hurt last year even before he got hurt. We know how the team finished after he was finished. This is healthy and a little bulked up Lamar. And the OL still isn't all that great. Extend this dude and spend more on OL. Enjoy the results for many years to come...

Can they do both given the cap?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=