@mikeghg

#582 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 03:32 PM

You guys are asking for it with this Tua love. I dont forget.

Love? I think he's a legitimate starting QB, in the 15ish range in the NFL. Just because I don't think he's horrible, doesn't mean I think he's great.

#583 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Ravens being at home, should be around +4 to +6 dogs.

I don't think we're that outclassed. Our offense can move the ball, and score on their defense. But I'll be shocked if we see the Bills punter next week. Josh Allen is locked in so far.

We let Mac Jones look like Michael Vick today. Josh Allen is going to feast on our defense as it is. I have no faith in Macdonald at this point at all. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Yup.

#584 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Tiny Tua is 3-0 and just beat possibly the best team in football. Maybe we should lay off of people having no clue. lol I kid, I kid.

Miami has a good roster though which despite the collapse makes how we played them sometihng. Especially through 3 Qs.

#585 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

I'm not going to be sunshine and roses because they eeked out a win against a team they should be 2 tds better than with ease.

This defense is a problem. Winning doesn't change that.

I didn’t even call you out by name. But good to know you answer to crybaby.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#586 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,534 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 September 2022 - 03:36 PM

Lol.

#587 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 03:36 PM

Love? I think he's a legitimate starting QB, in the 15ish range in the NFL. Just because I don't think he's horrible, doesn't mean I think he's great.

I tihnk thats fair. But 15th is good enough for me to rib him and say we shouldnt lose to him. I underestimated how bad the defense could be. I mean Mac Jones despite the bad Ints just put up 320 on us with a 10.0 YPA and he is uh not good

#588 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 03:38 PM

Miami has a good roster though which despite the collapse makes how we played them sometihng. Especially through 3 Qs.

What I was saying before, and after the game last week. Dolphins, top to bottom, have a playoff caliber roster. I don't know how anyone can look at their depth chart and think we're that much better than them at all.

I hate that we've struggles to line up, and run the ball with our RB's. But it's hard to complain about the offense. They've moved the ball, and they've put up points. Andrews has been the best TE in football. Bateman has been a YAC monster. Duvernay has made huge plays everywhere. And while our line hasn't been good at run blocking. They have been really good in pass protection. Oh, And Lamar has been MVP Lamar.

Ravens have a good team that can beat anyone on any day. If the defense can get their act together, and start playing better, we have a really good team. If Macdonald has a defense ranked in the bottom third of the NFL by week 8, I seriously would have to start considering a quick change at DC.

#589 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 25 September 2022 - 03:38 PM

I tihnk thats fair. But 15th is good enough for me to rib him and say we shouldnt lose to him. I underestimated how bad the defense could be. I mean Mac Jones despite the bad Ints just put up 320 on us with a 10.0 YPA and he is uh not good

You underestimated this defense's ineptness after last week? That's a you problem. 😆

#590 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,992 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 03:40 PM

Macdonald has a defense ranked in the bottom third of the NFL by week 8, I seriously would have to start considering a quick change at DC.

Has a coordinator ever lasted less than half a season?
  • PrimeTime likes this

#591 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 25 September 2022 - 03:40 PM

What I was saying before, and after the game last week. Dolphins, top to bottom, have a playoff caliber roster. I don't know how anyone can look at their depth chart and think we're that much better than them at all.

I hate that we've struggles to line up, and run the ball with our RB's. But it's hard to complain about the offense. They've moved the ball, and they've put up points. Andrews has been the best TE in football. Bateman has been a YAC monster. Duvernay has made huge plays everywhere. And while our line hasn't been good at run blocking. They have been really good in pass protection. Oh, And Lamar has been MVP Lamar.

Ravens have a good team that can beat anyone on any day. If the defense can get their act together, and start playing better, we have a really good team. If Macdonald has a defense ranked in the bottom third of the NFL by week 8, I seriously would have to start considering a quick change at DC.

As down as I am on our defense we're still a good team. It's just a bit of an adjustment on the "why." This team with Lamar and healthy RBs can beat anyone even with a defense that's got more holes than the Russian navy.

I also dispute that we have been bad at run blocking. Everyone except for Mike Davis and Kenyan Drake had managed to look like not a corpse when running the ball behind this line. Maybe the problem is with them.

#592 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 03:43 PM

I'm not saying it will happen. But with the amount of talent you have in the secondary, and on the line, I'm not sure how you can justify a defense ranked below 25th. I mean, sure, we may have overrated some guys like Oweh coming in. But the scheme certainly hasn't helped anyone play better.

#593 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 25 September 2022 - 03:48 PM

It certainly hasn't been pretty on defense thus far but I'm willing to hang in there while we await some reinforcements and health.

I have a hard time believing the secondary will be this bad all year. There's simply too much talent back there.

Adding JPP and getting Bowser back will go a long way, too.
  • Bmore Irish likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#594 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 03:49 PM

My skin is too thick to care - we all know you were referring to me. And guess what? I don't care. I can't even focus on any of the good when the defense is bottom 5 bad.

#595 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 03:55 PM

Just win Baby, and the Ravens did.

#8 is absolutely terrific.

Price is going up. 

#596 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 03:56 PM

My skin is too thick to care - we all know you were referring to me. And guess what? I don't care. I can't even focus on any of the good when the defense is bottom 5 bad.

You still have a problem paying Lamar?

#597 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 03:58 PM

You underestimated this defense's ineptness after last week? That's a you problem.

No before last week

#598 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 03:59 PM

The defense is definitely helping Lamar's contract negotiations

#599 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

LOL. They really do let LTs get away with so much now. That long pass the LT was tackling our rusher

It would be nice if we had a LT left, to hold.

@mikeghg

#600 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

You still have a problem paying Lamar?

THe best bet for both the Os and Ravens is to bring slide in, have him give his thoughts and opinions on everything and then do the opposite. It feels like a fool proof plan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=