597 replies to this topic

#541 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 04:31 PM

I hope he feels like garbage. The entire team deserves to feel that way.

#542 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,128 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 04:35 PM

Btw I dont think its necessarily any fault of the fans but the homefield advantage is gone. Used to feel like we were so hard to beat at home. Even in some of the down Flacco years. Now its like a damn coin toss

#543 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 04:37 PM

You dont understand any sport. Not even at a elementary level. What college QB couldnt throw balls to guys wide open by 20 yards.

They weren’t open by 20 yards, if you want to be real.
@BSLMikeRandall

#544 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,290 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 04:46 PM

They weren’t open by 20 yards, if you want to be real.

Tua made some big boy throws. His line gave him a lot of time, and his WR's made plays.

To me, this game is on the coaches. Roman getting stuffed on 2 fourth downs, calling the same damn QB power. Idiotic.

Macdonald making absolutely no adjustments. Not trying to blitz when it's clear the front 4 aren't getting it done, and dropping 8 is clearly still not helping you cover guys. You should probably not continue to keep dropping 8 and not blitzing.

#545 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 18 September 2022 - 05:01 PM

Taking a step back, you could see this coming from a mile away... (1) With the injury situation at OLB/edge, we're asking Oweh and Houston to play way too many snaps (2) Whatever is in the water in Owings Mills that causes CB injuries; as a result, asking too much of rookies against talented WRs at this stage in their development (3) Despite the number on the scoreboard at the start of the 4th, we couldn't put anything together on the ground offensively, which put an already thin defense on the field for too many snaps.

It's not excuses, it's reality. They didn't quit, they didn't lay down, they tried but the defense got knocked the F out by the Dolphins on the 4th qtr. You just hope that the returning players get here and give the team a boost.
  • Bmore Irish and JStruds like this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#546 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 05:15 PM

Sure, it's exciting to see long passes, 70+ runs by Lamar, heavy passing offense, etc... but even after only 2 games, it's painfully obvious that the only chance this team is going to have against the better competition is ball control, chewing up the clock and keeping that wretched defense on the sideline.  Until Dobbins and Edwards are back to being on the field together, then it will just have to be quick, chain moving passes and playing smart, turnover free football with a running play here and there for a few yards just to keep some semblance of balance.  I don't see any other way.  New England certainly doesn't have the offensive firepower of Miami but that doesn't mean they won't put up 28-35 points themselves if the defense is out there all day.  And John, do yourself a big favor- next time you have 4th and 1 and you're out of FG range, just punt the frickin ball.  This isn't 2019 anymore.  Or at the very least(since he won't listen to me anyway), how about giving your 300 lb. fullback a chance to get one yard?  

• PrimeTime and CantonJester like this

#547 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 05:17 PM

Taking a step back, you could see this coming from a mile away... (1) With the injury situation at OLB/edge, we're asking Oweh and Houston to play way too many snaps (2) Whatever is in the water in Owings Mills that causes CB injuries; as a result, asking too much of rookies against talented WRs at this stage in their development (3) Despite the number on the scoreboard at the start of the 4th, we couldn't put anything together on the ground offensively, which put an already thin defense on the field for too many snaps.

It's not excuses, it's reality. They didn't quit, they didn't lay down, they tried but the defense got knocked the F out by the Dolphins on the 4th qtr. You just hope that the returning players get here and give the team a boost.

No defense should be so incompetent that it blows a 21 point 4th quarter lead. None. There are no excuses. They are a failure of a unit. Period.

MacDonald can also go back to college as far as I'm concerned. He's clearly out of his league.

#548 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 05:18 PM

Tua made some big boy throws. His line gave him a lot of time, and his WR's made plays.

To me, this game is on the coaches. Roman getting stuffed on 2 fourth downs, calling the same damn QB power. Idiotic.

Macdonald making absolutely no adjustments. Not trying to blitz when it's clear the front 4 aren't getting it done, and dropping 8 is clearly still not helping you cover guys. You should probably not continue to keep dropping 8 and not blitzing.

MacDonald was a bad hire. I'm already done.

#549 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 05:24 PM

Pace yourself...you have 15 more games of him. 

#550 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 05:26 PM

Pace yourself...you have 15 more games of him.

Hopefully not.

Can you imagine what Buffalo will do to this "defense?"

#551 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 06:03 PM

Man I really try to refrain from calling people out but this is an absolutely ridiculous statement. It’s 2 games in and the D was pretty good last week against the Jets who hung 31 today on the Browns and their otherworldly defensive front! Chill the F out dude!

#552 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,567 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 06:04 PM

If we have any semblance of a running game we win that game easily
  • JStruds likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#553 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 18 September 2022 - 06:07 PM

No defense should be so incompetent that it blows a 21 point 4th quarter lead. None. There are no excuses. They are a failure of a unit. Period.

MacDonald can also go back to college as far as I'm concerned. He's clearly out of his league.

I don't fully follow this. He calls a defense, and either the CB or S blew it resulting in an easy TD. He has little choice but to play a so far ineffective Oweh and a decent but older Houston far too many plays because he has no one else resulting in almost no pressure after the first half. And where was the inside pressure we saw last week? Did he instruct them to not get after Tua?

Maybe I just don't get the Xs and Os, but it seems to me the players failed more than the plan.
  • Hooded Viper and mdrunning like this

#554 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 18 September 2022 - 06:12 PM

I think so too. Lamar probably needs to have more called runs until Dobbins and - maybe in late October - Gus can change the current flow. Or, is it the OL which suddenly appears to be better at pass blocking than run blocking? I am perplexed.

#555 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,645 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 06:12 PM

They might've won, but both of those gaffes in the secondary were happening regardless of their running game. 

#556 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 18 September 2022 - 06:44 PM

So today still sucked, but Cinn, Pitts, and Clev all lost too, so it could have been worse.
  • Hooded Viper likes this

#557 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 18 September 2022 - 06:51 PM

They did fail but rather than rant about it, I'm trying to analyze it a bit. We're 2 games in the season, we're a bit nicked up and still holding out hope for some reinforcements.

Today was the perfect storm of bad circumstances for the Ravens. The defense played 84 snaps last week and had to play another 69 this week. Even though the offense scored 35, after the opening drive of 10 plays, the Ravens offensive drives went for 1, 6, 6, 3, 3, 5, 3 and 6 plays. So an already groggy defense that had been stretched thin due to injury got knocked down and couldn't get back up.

The Ravens are going to have to play some complimentary football and do what they can to take some pressure off of the defense.
  • russsnyder likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#558 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 18 September 2022 - 06:53 PM

So today still sucked, but Cinn, Pitts, and Clev all lost too, so it could have been worse.

It doesn't fix any of the Ravens' issues but it was nice to see that dopey look on Joe Burrows' face after the Bengals lost. I'll take my consolation prize.
@primetime667083

#559 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 September 2022 - 06:55 PM

Only freaks scoreboard watch in week 2, but I’m right there with you… also love that both LV and Indi lost too, from a WC contender perspective. How about Matt Ryan’s start in Indi - 0-1-1 against the Texans and Jags. Yikes.

#560 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 18 September 2022 - 06:59 PM

I don't fully follow this. He calls a defense, and either the CB or S blew it resulting in an easy TD. He has little choice but to play a so far ineffective Oweh and a decent but older Houston far too many plays because he has no one else resulting in almost no pressure after the first half. And where was the inside pressure we saw last week? Did he instruct them to not get after Tua?

Maybe I just don't get the Xs and Os, but it seems to me the players failed more than the plan.

It's a little from column A, little from column B. The players absolutely didn't execute. There was confusion in the secondary in the 4th qtr for sure. With that said, particularly considering how thin we were at corner, I think we could've gone into a 3 deep shell and dropped 8 into coverage. The football equivalent of a "no doubles" defense.
  • You Play to Win the Game and JStruds like this
@primetime667083

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=