#521 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 18 September 2022 - 03:39 PM

Yep. It's about knowing the situation. Playing prevent in the last minute with a 3 point lead, okay, debate all you want. But up 21 in the 4th quarter, that's where it absolutely makes sense.

Opponent has less than 15 minutes to score THREE TDs and has to stop you from scoring a few times too. Give up 5, 10, 12, maybe some 15 yard chunks. But every tackle in bounds is taking 20-25 seconds off the clock. At worst, they're on their tying drive in the last minute. The clock is your ally, play to it.

John never does... I swear...

Particularly when the defense was on the field quite a bit. Outside of the 1st drive, our possessions were pretty quick today. Regardless, we built a big lead so at that point, you can't let the opposition get behind you. Top, down and outside, in. Unfortunately, we did nothing resembling that.

I can only hope this is something they can shake off and learn from. At this point, I have nothing else to cling to.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#522 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,516 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 03:40 PM

Don't think I could have ever imagined an epic collapse of that proportion from a Raven's team at home. I wonder if the team just let down. Once you do that in a game it's hard to get it back.

When you cant run clock you always give the opponent time. Even down 21. The clock is your friend but you dont have the ability to run clock and dont have the ability to make the opponent chew clock and its a perferct storm. I mean lets remember. Not only was there enough time for Miami to score 3 TDs in the 4th Quarter to tie. There was also enough left for us to go get a FG and still give up the game losing TD
  • PrimeTime likes this

#523 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,547 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 September 2022 - 03:40 PM

Wink was given a raw deal, so Johnny could cater to another person from ol' Jimmy's pipeline.

I still think Macdonald has potential to be a good coordinator. But he was just given his welcome to the NFL moment.

Well, Wink needed to go.

It bothered me they went to the Jim Harbaugh pipeline though. Not gonna lie, I hated that aspect of it all.

#524 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 18 September 2022 - 03:41 PM

Maybe the Os are going to save the sports day.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#525 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 18 September 2022 - 03:42 PM

Well, Wink needed to go.

It bothered me they went to the Jim Harbaugh pipeline though. Not gonna lie, I hated that aspect of it all.

In fairness, Macdonald was a Raven before he went to Michigan.
@primetime667083

#526 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,516 posts

You're an idiot.

Johnny Manziel?

Are you for real?

You dont understand any sport. Not even at a elementary level. What college QB couldnt throw balls to guys wide open by 20 yards.

#527 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,179 posts

They can fire MacDonald now for all I care.
  • Pedro Cerrano likes this

#528 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,179 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 03:44 PM

You dont understand any sport. Not even at a elementary level. What college QB couldnt throw balls to guys wide open by 20 yards.

Tiny Tua baby! No way he beats us.

#529 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,516 posts

This is probably the worst they will look all year defensively but the issues are real. As is the run blocking

#530 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,334 posts

So far, Oweh has been a real let down.  This was supposed to be his breakout season.  Has he even come close to a sack yet? I bet there's going to be some horrific defensive scores come Monday morning. 

#531 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts

Tua:  36-50,   469 yards,   6 TDs.       

Hill:    11 catches,  190 yards,   2 TDs.

Waddle:  11 catches,   171 yards,   2 TDs.

Sick numbers for Miami's passing game.  

#532 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,732 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 03:45 PM

I still don't think Tua's the answer in Miami, but I also understand that today's not the day to talk about that (6 TD passes, and clear as day he was a leader among men as they stormed back from behind). 

#533 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,516 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 03:47 PM

Im gonna throw some shots at EDC too. Queen and Hamilton may be straight busts.

Oweh too

#534 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,516 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 03:49 PM

I still don't think Tua's the answer in Miami, but I also understand that today's not the day to talk about that (6 TD passes, and clear as day he was a leader among men as they stormed back from behind).

Ill have the last laugh here but let the numbnut losers around here rub it in. No one gives up and are bitch made more than slide and BaltBird

#535 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,179 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 03:51 PM

Ill have the last laugh here but let the numbnut losers around here rub it in. No one gives up and are bitch made more than slide and BaltBird

News flash numbnuts: nobody gave up but the losers playing "defense." Nothing anyone says here matters. The play on the field does, and the only losers here are the ones wearing a purple uniform.

#536 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,909 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 03:53 PM

I'll give them credit when it's due and call out terrible play when I see it.

I could see from the start today that the defense had no chance of stopping Miami. We were lucky we got two INTs by Williams or the defensive numbers would've looked even worse.

#537 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 04:12 PM

Fire DC tonight. Seriously.

He never learns. Stop doing deals with your jerkoff brother.
@BSLMikeRandall

#538 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,516 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 04:18 PM

MacDonald gets at least a year. Lol. Not sure hes working with much.

#539 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 04:28 PM

Im gonna throw some shots at EDC too. Queen and Hamilton may be straight busts.

Hamilton a bust after 2 games. Nice.

Queen is a bust. No question there. He absolutely sucks at everything but blitzing.

#540 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,516 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 04:30 PM

I cant bring myself to watch it anytime soon but Im sure Harbaugh was just peachy in the postgame presser

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=