179 replies to this topic

#81 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,021 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 08:30 PM

Elias said it isn’t a probability the O’s win a wild card and he’s managing the roster accordingly. It explains everything we’re seeing right now.

Factz

#82 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Factz

That he said that is the only fact. That’s not how humans work bro.

#83 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,632 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Sorry Mike, hope you and the Wife are doing okay.

She is good but she shared with my son and I.  

Thanks!

@mikeghg

#84 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,021 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 08:32 PM

Great to see Westburg get one tonight. I’d think they would want to see him get going on a sustained run before making the call. I’m not expecting them to start his or Henderson’s clock this year. Stowers I can see here soon.

Westburg has been scuffling a bit but I dont think they are against brining him up. Gunnar I dont know man. MLB frowns upon manipulating but it would be foolish not to. He is a Boras guy. So he almost surely isnt signing an extension. Hes the #1 guy.

#85 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,021 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 08:34 PM

That he said that is the only fact. That’s not how humans work bro.

You and I both know if we made a bet,especially a week ago,  if the Os would make the playoffs and I didnt give you odds I would be doing you dirty. 

#86 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 August 2022 - 08:37 PM

You and I both know if we made a bet,especially a week ago, if the Os would make the playoffs and I didnt give you odds I would be doing you dirty.

No you wouldn’t. Be a GD O’s fan, man. Show some passion.

And what do you mean especially a week ago? They’ve been on a sustained stretch of great baseball. I’ve pointed that out numerous times.

#87 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 August 2022 - 08:38 PM

Westburg has been scuffling a bit but I dont think they are against brining him up. Gunnar I dont know man. MLB frowns upon manipulating but it would be foolish not to. He is a Boras guy. So he almost surely isnt signing an extension. Hes the #1 guy.

I’m fine with saving both guys until next year but especially Gunnar. That part of the plan I’m fine with.

#88 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,021 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 08:40 PM

No you wouldn’t. Be a GD O’s fan, man. Show some passion.

And what do you mean especially a week ago? They’ve been on a sustained stretch of great baseball. I’ve pointed that out numerous times.

I told you Im invested every damn night. Im here and like Bacon has been saying we are good. How good we can debate but we are good. DOesnt change the reality of our schedule and the fact we are fighting an uphill battle by being behind in the standings  to start with. I deal in reality at all times.

#89 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,583 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 09 August 2022 - 08:41 PM

I’m fine with saving both guys until next year but especially Gunnar. That part of the plan I’m fine with.

I don't know man he just looks like an absolute dude already. I mean physically he looks like a big leaguer to go along with the obvious skills on display. I think he is going to force the issue and be up before the year is out. 

Stowers needs to be up yesterday and it was great to see Westburg have a nice night with the homer and two walks.

#90 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 August 2022 - 08:41 PM

Fretting about the damn schedule is living in fear, not reality. SOS ranking don’t take into account how well teams and players are performing at the time, nor do they take into account injuries.

#91 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,583 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 09 August 2022 - 08:42 PM

Win against good teams and you knock them down at the same time you go up. Double edged sword but lets get it.

#92 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,435 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 09 August 2022 - 08:44 PM

I don't know man he just looks like an absolute dude already. I mean physically he looks like a big leaguer to go along with the obvious skills on display. I think he is going to force the issue and be up before the year is out. 

Stowers needs to be up yesterday and it was great to see Westburg have a nice night with the homer and two walks.

He's pretty much the same age as Machado when he was called up, no? (10 years ago today, as I think I saw somewhere)

#93 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 August 2022 - 08:47 PM

Oh he’s ready now. No doubt about that. Adley was too, well before he was called up. I’d be shocked if Gunnar sees the big this year.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#94 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 08:48 PM

Aye. I just tried to reply to a half dozen posts in one reply but I 'exceeded the limit.'

#95 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 August 2022 - 08:49 PM

Aye. I just tried to reply to a half dozen posts in one reply but I 'exceeded the limit.'

I applaud the effort. Unless any of your replies was challenging me in any way. ;)

#96 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,021 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 08:49 PM

Fretting about the damn schedule is living in fear, not reality. SOS ranking don’t take into account how well teams and players are performing at the time, nor do they take into account injuries.

CLe and CHi having an easier schedule puts them in a better position than any team in the East. Same with Sea.  And as I said we were behind by further a week ago and are still not into one of the WC spots. Obviously you are smart enough to know how probabilities work and everything that goes into them. IM not even gonna get upset about questioning my fandom. You are riding and dying with your boys. I get it

#97 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 August 2022 - 08:57 PM

CLe and CHi having an easier schedule puts them in a better position than any team in the East. Same with Sea. And as I said we were behind by further a week ago and are still not into one of the WC spots. Obviously you are smart enough to know how probabilities work and everything that goes into them. IM not even gonna get upset about questioning my fandom. You are riding and dying with your boys. I get it

Seattle’s best player has been out, and they’ve played like crap since then. SOS rankings don’t care. Yankees have lost more than they’ve won for about a month now. SOS rankings don’t care. Tampa is injured all to hell. Toronto are, in my opinion, habitual under achievers.

Wasn’t at all questioning your fandom, just the mindset of this team. Not many as hardcore as you my friend.

#98 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 August 2022 - 09:00 PM

Tarp coming off the field. Hopefully they’ve been taking swings in the VR machine off their bullpen during the downtime.

#99 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,021 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 09:01 PM

They could even call COwser up to be honest. They dont need to and wont but they could. 

#100 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 09:02 PM

CLe and CHi having an easier schedule puts them in a better position than any team in the East. Same with Sea.  And as I said we were behind by further a week ago and are still not into one of the WC spots. Obviously you are smart enough to know how probabilities work and everything that goes into them. IM not even gonna get upset about questioning my fandom. You are riding and dying with your boys. I get it

Tim Anderson is one of the main wheels that makes that offense go, and he just tore a tendon(s) in his throwing hand, right? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=