467 replies to this topic

#421 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,936 posts

Posted 26 January 2023 - 09:25 AM

Why would Georgia want a baseball team that she doesn't seem to have anything to do with? Wouldn't she rather have a billion dollars? It makes sense if she just wants to just be done. Or does she just want a toy for John so he feels important?

She doesn't want the team.  But she will literally save more than a hundred million dollars in taxes if she waits until she inherits the O's from PA.

#422 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 26 January 2023 - 09:30 AM

She doesn't want the team.  But she will literally save more than a hundred million dollars in taxes if she waits until she inherits the O's from PA.

Definitely, I understand waiting now, I just think it makes the most sense for her to put it up for sale immediately when he passes. Unless John has convinced her that he needs the team for whatever reason and she's fine with that.

#423 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 January 2023 - 09:34 AM

So we’ll know soon right? The lease ends end of this year, but they’re able to pick up the one time 5-year option. They haven’t even done that. Wtf. How can you not be concerned at this point?

#424 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,936 posts

Posted 26 January 2023 - 09:50 AM

Yeah, I thought I read that Feb 1 was the deadline for picking up the option, and that's just a few days away.  But I also saw that Wes Moore basically just fired the head of the Maryland Stadium Authority, so maybe that could extend the deadline?

#425 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,935 posts

Posted 26 January 2023 - 10:49 AM

So we’ll know soon right? The lease ends end of this year, but they’re able to pick up the one time 5-year option. They haven’t even done that. Wtf. How can you not be concerned at this point?

Because you take a man at his word that just lied and said he was gonna have the press corps to the Warehouse this week. Baffling.

#426 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 26 January 2023 - 10:55 AM

Based on everything I know, yeah. Whether they exercise the 1 time 5 year extension by Feb. 1st is pretty irrelevant.
The $600M committed to OPACY for Stadium improvements per a lease agreement was an extra cherry on top. A lease agreement will get done. There is no chance of the Orioles moving. 

My answer is above, but the Orioles have brought skepticism upon themselves by how they operate. 
The Orioles won't be moving, but how they operate and communicate with the fanbase is brutal. 

#427 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,935 posts

Posted 26 January 2023 - 11:16 AM

You think there arent cherry's on top for him in Nashville or wherever else he would decide to go. I mean we are talking about cherries on top. If the deal is that sweet you dont even need cherries.

Its going to be annoying AF if that lease extension isnt signed next week and we still have people running around here telling everyone so arrogantly and matter of factly there is zero concern. Less than a year away from being able to walk away scot free

#428 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 26 January 2023 - 11:18 AM

You think there arent cherry's on top for him in Nashville or wherever else he would decide to go. I mean we are talking about cherries on top. If the deal is that sweet you dont even need cherries.

Its going to be annoying AF if that lease extension isnt signed next week and we still have people running around here telling everyone so arrogantly and matter of factly there is zero concern. Less than a year away from being able to walk away scot free

Take it however you want.  There's 0.0 chance of the Orioles leaving. 

#429 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,935 posts

Posted 26 January 2023 - 11:24 AM

Take it however you want. There's 0.0 chance of the Orioles leaving.

You deserve to get shit on relentlessly for having this attitude if they do leave. And it should begin in moderation next week if the extension isnt signed. Again, I know you have inside info that apparently you think is gospel. I dont know how much you put into JAs words but the Fort McHenry comments and pledges to not move are all out the window as of tomorrow. He just bold face lied about having the press to the Warehouse.

#430 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 26 January 2023 - 11:27 AM

You deserve to get on relentlessly for having this attitude if they do leave. And it should begin in moderation next week if the extension isnt signed. Again, I know you think you have inside info that apparently is gospel. I dont know how much you put into JAs words but the Fort McHenry comments and pledges to not move are all out the window as of tomorrow. He just bold face lied about having the press to the Warehouse.

Stop cussing on the site, I'm tired of editing your posts. 

And whatever, fine.   I'm just telling you and anyone else as directly as I can, there is no chance of the O's leaving. None. And that doesn't change if the option isn't picked up by the 1st. 

If you are or anyone else is skeptical, I get it to a degree.  
Love the Baseball Ops side of the house, but the rest of the organization is just brutal. 

• BaltBird 24, weird-O and makoman like this

#431 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,935 posts

Posted 26 January 2023 - 11:30 AM

Stop cussing on the site, I'm tied of editing your posts.

And whatever, fine. I'm just telling you and anyone else as directly as I can, there is no chance of the O's leaving. None. And that doesn't change if the option isn't picked up by the 1st.

Love the Baseball Ops side of the house, but the rest of the organization is just brutal.

How much stock do you put in JA's word? Im curious.

#432 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 26 January 2023 - 11:32 AM

If I'm adding up different things to get to a total percentage of why I think there is no chance of them moving... his comments are a minimal part. 

#433 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,935 posts

Posted 26 January 2023 - 11:34 AM

Im gonna let this go for a week. Needless to say I hope youre right

#434 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,405 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 26 January 2023 - 11:35 AM

Zero.

But there are other valid reasons I believe the Orioles stay put.

• BobPhelan likes this

#435 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 26 January 2023 - 11:41 AM

Stop cussing on the site, I'm tired of editing your posts. 

And whatever, fine.   I'm just telling you and anyone else as directly as I can, there is no chance of the O's leaving. None. And that doesn't change if the option isn't picked up by the 1st. 

I agree, I don't think they'll move either.

I think the lease stuff is probably more posturing seeing if the state will improve the deal. It's always about the deal with them.

#436 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 January 2023 - 12:03 PM

Love the baseball ops eh? Elias gets no “credit” for his decisions last trade deadline and his brutal allocation of what resources he did have to expend this off-season? I like the baseball ops, in many areas it’s better than it’s been. Don’t know how anyone can “love” it at this point. Elias doesn’t deserve a fee pass here either.

Agreed that the rest is brutal.

#437 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 26 January 2023 - 02:09 PM

Love the baseball ops eh? Elias gets no “credit” for his decisions last trade deadline and his brutal allocation of what resources he did have to expend this off-season? I like the baseball ops, in many areas it’s better than it’s been. Don’t know how anyone can “love” it at this point. Elias doesn’t deserve a fee pass here either.

Agreed that the rest is brutal.

Ehh, I probably would have allocated money differently this off-season as well... but that doesn't really change my take on Elias, which continues to be that he's the best thing which has happened to the O's franchise in my time as a fan.  Doesn't make him infallible of course. I also don't think he's magical or anything. I just think he operates a systematical, logical plan.  Certainly am interested to see how he does from this point forward, with not just getting this developed and coming group over the top... but sustains an extended run.  No problem with saying he and the Orioles failed in their approach this Winter. I do think the Orioles will make multiple World Series before the decade ends, and he's going to be the primary reason. 

But really my point is...   get past Baseball Operations and think about Ownership, and then Sales, PR, Communications, etc.  I honestly loathe the organization, and it's hard for me sometimes to be a fan of the team given the organization that exists behind them. 

• You Play to Win the Game and SonicAttack like this

#438 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 26 January 2023 - 02:18 PM

No posts about Louis having to put the law firm in a conservator ship?

https://twitter.com/...VaJJjQKdNHozwEw
  • makoman likes this

@fuzydunlop

#439 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 26 January 2023 - 04:39 PM

Nobody in the Angelos family wants to sell the team.  

From today's Sun article about the latest law firm drama... "Court documents have revealed Georgia Angelos wanted to sell the team"

#440 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 26 January 2023 - 04:40 PM

No posts about Louis having to put the law firm in a conservator ship?

https://twitter.com/...VaJJjQKdNHozwEw

Eh, nobody cares about a stupid law firm.  :)  It's the baseball team that Orioles fans might care about.  Not that the whole thing isn't part of the stupid prime-time soap opera insanity...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=