#1 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 02 May 2022 - 01:57 PM

PFF: Way-Too-Early 2023 NFL Mock Draft: Alabama's Bryce Young lands with the Houston Texans at No. 1 overall

Definitely interesting to see who is gonna emerge as QB3 behind Young/Stroud, this one has Tanner McKee from Stanford and I've seen others with Will Levis from Kentucky

she/her

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 07 May 2022 - 07:24 AM

The Ringer: The NFL Draft Prospects to Watch In the 2023 Class

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 07 July 2022 - 01:41 PM

PFF: 2023 NFL Draft: Preseason Top 50 Big Board

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 09:30 AM

The Ringer: NFL Mock Draft: The Texans, Colts, and Panthers Add Their QBs of the Future

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 26 December 2022 - 10:53 AM

CBS Sports: 2023 NFL Mock Draft: Jets again looking for QB in Round 1 as Zach Wilson era already appears over

https://www.cbssport...y-appears-over/

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 10:20 AM

Balt Sun: The Ravens have the 22nd pick in the 2023 NFL draft. Here are five potential targets.

BSL: 2023 NFL Draft: Top 50 Big Board

BSL: 2023 NFL Draft: Ravens To Pick At 22?

BSL: 2023 NFL Draft: Jaxon Smith-Njigba

BSL: 2023 NFL Draft: Jordan Addison

BSL: 2023 NFL Draft: Deonte Banks

• PrimeTime likes this

#7 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 12:42 PM

I'll add some more:

Bryce Young
CJ Stroud
Will Levis
Tanner McKee
Anthony Richardson

#8 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 01:05 PM

So you’re adding the top 4 QB prospects to the list? it’s doubtful any of them will be there by the 22nd pick, which was the article’s parameters.

#9 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 02:23 PM

If Chicago decides to go forward with Justin Fields and therefore doesn't take a quarterback with the first pick, Stroud is likely the next guy off the board.

#10 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 03:32 PM

So you’re adding the top 4 QB prospects to the list? it’s doubtful any of them will be there by the 22nd pick, which was the article’s parameters.

I think it is very likely they are in position to take one if they trade Lamar. If not, look at them to take one in the next tier in round 2-3.

#11 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 06:58 AM

NFL.com: Bucky Brooks 2023 NFL mock draft 1.0: Bills, Giants land wide receivers in Round 1

https://www.nfl.com/...Twitter_nfl_cfb

#12 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 12:14 PM

Man, let some other team reach for Levis or Richardson out of desperation. That's what bad organizations do. The fact they're being discussed as first rounders alongside Stroud and Young is because there's so many teams looking for their next QB, not because they actually live up to that billing.

Richardson is a poor (homeless) man's Josh Allen. He's just as likely to be the next big athletic QB moving to TE halfway through his career. Let's just call Levis the poor man's Sam Darnold. It's the Josh Allen effect, which has always existed, but Allen's success has kicked it into high gear.

The best description I've seen on Richardson: https://twitter.com/...LrFvhGJ9Lg&s=19

Anyway, if a guy like Richardson were to fall out of the 1st round, then I could understand taking a shot. But you still need to sign a Carr or Jimmy G to start the next season or two. It kinda defeats the strategy of moving on from Lamar if you're using prime draft capital and still spending a chunk of cap too.

#13 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,095 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 12:18 PM

Man, let some other team reach for Levis or Richardson out of desperation. That's what bad organizations do. The fact they're being discussed as first rounders alongside Stroud and Young is because there's so many teams looking for their next QB, not because they actually live up to that billing.

Richardson is a poor (homeless) man's Josh Allen. He's just as likely to be the next big athletic QB moving to TE halfway through his career. Let's just call Levis the poor man's Sam Darnold. It's the Josh Allen effect, which has always existed, but Allen's success has kicked it into high gear.

The best description I've seen on Richardson: https://twitter.com/...LrFvhGJ9Lg&s=19

Anyway, if a guy like Richardson were to fall out of the 1st round, then I could understand taking a shot. But you still need to sign a Carr or Jimmy G to start the next season or two. It kinda defeats the strategy of moving on from Lamar if you're using prime draft capital and still spending a chunk of cap too.

Levis has a chance. Richardson yeah no. Not even in the 2nd or 3rd.

#14 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 12:22 PM

Haven't we heard things like this about plenty of guys taken at the end of the 1st or in the 2nd or 3rd? Do you really think you know more than the team of scouts working for these organizations?

Didn't we hear stuff like this about Lamar? And Jalen Hurts? Russell Wilson? Meanwhile Brock Purdy was an afterthought in round 7 and is one of the last 4 QBs standing.

I'm not saying Levis or Richardson will be successes, but I trust the Ravens to take the right guy if they are in that position. They will certainly have options.

#15 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 01:06 PM

Haven't we heard things like this about plenty of guys taken at the end of the 1st or in the 2nd or 3rd? Do you really think you know more than the team of scouts working for these organizations?

Didn't we hear stuff like this about Lamar? And Jalen Hurts? Russell Wilson? Meanwhile Brock Purdy was an afterthought in round 7 and is one of the last 4 QBs standing.

I'm not saying Levis or Richardson will be successes, but I trust the Ravens to take the right guy if they are in that position. They will certainly have options.

Do I think I know more than the many teams of scouts and their GM's who drafted a QB with a top pick because they desperately needed their franchise guy, only for them to flame out? No, I'm not saying that. Eeryone knows there's a lot more to a QB's success than just drafting the player anyway.

Lamar Jackson and Jalen Hurts were prolific, productive college QBs who consistently made great plays on the field. Is that type of player going to be available where they were drafted?

Wilson fell because of his height. He's the anti-Anthony Richardson.

Purdy is irrelevant to this discussion (see what I did there). Would I like the Ravens to draft a 7th round QB who could work with a Shannahan-quality playcaller who will maximize their potential and run a successful offense regardless of who's playing QB? Yeah! Great, sign me up!

I also trust the Ravens to take the right guy, which is why I don't believe it'll be Levis or Richardson. Not unless it's a situation like with Ridder or Willis last year where the player is hyped as a 1st rounder, but then falls to the point where it's a smart value to draft them.

#16 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 02:22 PM

Do I think I know more than the many teams of scouts and their GM's who drafted a QB with a top pick because they desperately needed their franchise guy, only for them to flame out? No, I'm not saying that. Eeryone knows there's a lot more to a QB's success than just drafting the player anyway.

Lamar Jackson and Jalen Hurts were prolific, productive college QBs who consistently made great plays on the field. Is that type of player going to be available where they were drafted?

Wilson fell because of his height. He's the anti-Anthony Richardson.

Purdy is irrelevant to this discussion (see what I did there). Would I like the Ravens to draft a 7th round QB who could work with a Shannahan-quality playcaller who will maximize their potential and run a successful offense regardless of who's playing QB? Yeah! Great, sign me up!

I also trust the Ravens to take the right guy, which is why I don't believe it'll be Levis or Richardson. Not unless it's a situation like with Ridder or Willis last year where the player is hyped as a 1st rounder, but then falls to the point where it's a smart value to draft them.

I think it is a tremendous disservice to Purdy to say that bes only having success because of Shanahan. He's a good football player.

7-0, 14 tds to 2 into, against some very good competition and in playoff settings. Possibly going to be the rookie of the year. He has more playoff wins than Lamar. He's probably the starter next year.

Don't tell me that's only Shanahan.

#17 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 03:27 PM

I think it is a tremendous disservice to Purdy to say that bes only having success because of Shanahan. He's a good football player.

7-0, 14 tds to 2 into, against some very good competition and in playoff settings. Possibly going to be the rookie of the year. He has more playoff wins than Lamar. He's probably the starter next year.

Don't tell me that's only Shanahan.

What I like about the kid is he plays smart as a play is unfolding.  He doesn't seem to make silly mistakes you generally associate with rookies.  He limits turnovers and he seems to have been a good fit within what Shanahan does.  Maybe on another pass happy team with a lousy offensive line, he'd be completely different.  But you could say that about anyone. 

#18 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,095 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 03:32 PM

Purdy was exposed a decent amount this past week. Luckily he was going against Dak. Their schedule down the stretch was a cakewalk. I doubt they roll with him next year, They'll go back to Lance 

#19 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 03:35 PM

Purdy was exposed a decent amount this past week. Luckily he was going against Dak. Their schedule down the stretch was a cakewalk. I doubt they roll with him next year, They'll go back to Lance 

Think Lance gets traded to the Titans.

#20 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,095 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 03:35 PM

Think Lance gets traded to the Titans.

They arent rolling with Purdy in SF

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users