592 replies to this topic

#41 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,984 posts

Posted 17 February 2023 - 12:56 PM

Its going to be a WR, CB, or pass rusher. They'll take a high end RB next year.

#42 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 17 February 2023 - 01:08 PM

Also pass on Hopkins. Expensive and has hit 30 yrs old. Will be 31 by Sept. Some WRs can age fairly gracefully into their 30s but go lookn at all the guys who start a pretty steep drop off around 30. Hopkins already is dealing with more injuries. Add on top the threat of suspension again and its a pass.

Agreed. Plus, Hopkins is probably going to be looking for one last payday as well.

#43 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,405 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 22 February 2023 - 05:20 PM

Connor Allen

Anthony Richardson (+750) just jumped Will Levis (+850) in odds to be the No. 1 overall pick at FanDuel. Richardson is 30/1 at DK, 15/1 at CZRS and as high as 50/1 at other spots.

Whoa. I know the Josh Allen effect has thrown a wrench into the conventional wisdom of how much college results matter for QBs, but I think Allen will ultimately prove to be an outlier. Neither Richardson nor Levis are worthy of Top 10 picks IMO.

#44 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,935 posts

Posted 22 February 2023 - 05:33 PM

Richardson would be a disasterous first pick. People are likely going to fall in love with Levis btw. Unless he has character issues we arent aware of. He would be my bet to go #1 right now. I just think Young is going to get knocked for being small. Stroud or Levis IMO.

#45 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 22 February 2023 - 05:34 PM

Whoa. I know the Josh Allen effect has thrown a wrench into the conventional wisdom of how much college results matter for QBs, but I think Allen will ultimately prove to be an outlier. Neither Richardson nor Levis are worthy of Top 10 picks IMO.

Wow, wasn't long ago a lot of people were claiming the Ravens should take Richardson at 22 to replace Lamar. And not just random twitter idiots, Jeremiah had that in a mock a month ago.

#46 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,405 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 22 February 2023 - 05:41 PM

Wow, wasn't long ago a lot of people were claiming the Ravens should take Richardson at 22 to replace Lamar. And not just random twitter idiots, Jeremiah had that in a mock a month ago.

Then let's take this as a blessing, since now it would seem Richardson (and Levis) will be long gone by the time the Ravens would pick at 22.

#47 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 23 February 2023 - 06:31 AM

Then let's take this as a blessing, since now it would seem Richardson (and Levis) will be long gone by the time the Ravens would pick at 22.

But what happens if we trade Lamar to Atlanta or Carolina .

#48 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 26 February 2023 - 10:12 AM

Ravens.com: Mock Draft Roundup 5.0: Daniel Jeremiah Sees New Cornerback Option for Ravens

https://www.baltimor...ck-brian-branch

#49 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 26 February 2023 - 12:15 PM

Ravens.com: Mock Draft Roundup 5.0: Daniel Jeremiah Sees New Cornerback Option for Ravens
https://www.baltimor...ck-brian-branch

Bijan Robinson would certainly cause a massive uproar after day 1.

#50 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 26 February 2023 - 12:22 PM

I'll add some more:

Bryce Young
CJ Stroud
Will Levis
Tanner McKee
Anthony Richardson

Young and Stroud won't get anywhere near 22  :mrgreen:

#51 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,984 posts

Posted 26 February 2023 - 12:34 PM

Young and Stroud won't get anywhere near 22 :mrgreen:

Who said they'd end up drafting 22nd? ;)

#52 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,984 posts

Posted 26 February 2023 - 12:36 PM

With as many holes in as many places as they have, I'd be stunned if they took anything but a CB, pass rusher, or WR with their first pick, unless they've traded Lamar and are taking a QB.

I could see a RB in the rounds after, as well as probably a 2nd WR, and some OL help.

#53 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,935 posts

Posted 26 February 2023 - 01:26 PM

Ive said this before. The Ravens wont put themselves in a position where they need to draft a WR, CB or "pass rusher" in round 1. BTW funny how pass rusher can literally be like 3 positions depending on definition. Anywhere along the DL or OLB. Nice to make a prediction that covers you with multiple positions. But CBs, WR, and "pass rushers" are the high demand positions anyway. Catch the ball, stop the team from catching the ball, or get to the QB. Not rocket science.

#54 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,935 posts

Posted 26 February 2023 - 01:27 PM

Bijan Robinson would certainly cause a massive uproar after day 1.

He will go top 10. An elite prospect even though it is at RB. Wouldnt think twice about drafting him but he wont be there. Even if he slips its only to the middle of the 1st round.

#55 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,984 posts

Posted 26 February 2023 - 02:13 PM

Ive said this before. The Ravens wont put themselves in a position where they need to draft a WR, CB or "pass rusher" in round 1. BTW funny how pass rusher can literally be like 3 positions depending on definition. Anywhere along the DL or OLB. Nice to make a prediction that covers you with multiple positions. But CBs, WR, and "pass rushers" are the high demand positions anyway. Catch the ball, stop the team from catching the ball, or get to the QB. Not rocket science.

People literally refer drafting pass rush all the time for exactly what you said - it encompasses multiple positions that all do a job with some overlap. You can try to make me sound like I'm stupid for not knowing that, or like Im "hedging," but literally everyone understands that a lot of the best players in the league who's job it is to hunt the quarterback can line up at multiple positions on the defensive line, and teams who need that will look for it from multiple positions as well. Would you prefer I say "DE/OLB/DL," just so it doesn't offend your delicate sensibilities?

And the Ravens don't "need" to draft anything in particular in round 1, unless they trade Lamar. They will take the BPA that fits their roster best.

Your obsession with coloring me as someone who hedges their predictions, as though I give a flying F about whether they are correct, is weird. We are literally all wrong all the time.
Attaching self-worth to predictions is a game of children, and adults who still think like them.

• bmore_ken likes this

#56 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 26 February 2023 - 04:41 PM

He will go top 10. An elite prospect even though it is at RB. Wouldnt think twice about drafting him but he wont be there. Even if he slips its only to the middle of the 1st round.

Oh, I don't disagree. Unless he bombs his offseason workouts and interviews. But if he puts up a 4.4 or better, with a 6.7 or lower 3 cone, mixed with a good vertical and strength numbers, similar to Barkley. He's going top 10 easy.

He's a top 5 player in the draft. As far as talent regardless of position, I'd put him just behind Carter and Anderson. I think he's a better RB prospect than Young or Stroud are QB prospects. And that's not an insult to those 2 players.

I feel the same about Robinson that I felt about Hamilton last year. Not necessarily a position of need, or a high impact position like QB, Edge or CB. But elite is elite. And if other teams are going to pass and give you a shot at an elite prospect, you take that shot 10 out of 10 times.

#57 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,935 posts

Posted 26 February 2023 - 06:23 PM

Ive heard some discussion that hes a better RB prospect than Barkley was coming out. That might be an overstatement but to just say it tells you how highly he is thought of as a prospect

#58 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 26 February 2023 - 10:06 PM

Based on the mocks I've seen, which could all be way wrong, Robinson might be around when the Ravens pick.  If they do take him it's a natural progression to either trade Dobbins or prepare to move on from him.  No reason to extend him if you have his successor.  They both are feed me kind of backs. 

#59 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 27 February 2023 - 09:03 AM

CBS Sports: 2023 NFL Mock Draft: Colts, Buccaneers trade up for QBs; Bears stockpile picks for future

https://www.cbssport...cks-for-future/

#60 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 27 February 2023 - 09:03 AM

Balt Sun: Ravens 7-round mock draft (Version 1.0): Addressing the biggest needs entering NFL scouting combine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=