#23 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 June 2022 - 02:55 PM

It is great to see Kjerstad's name on this report and especially on the positive side.  

Also good to see Cowser warming up.

• BobPhelan likes this
@mikeghg

#24 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 21 June 2022 - 03:19 PM

Shots fired by the OTV crew about Cowser last night. A little too much gloating about his performance over the last 20 days. To say there has been no reason for concern is inaccurate. The guy was hitting sub .240 a few weeks ago and still has too high of a K rate and too low of an ISO. All while being a college bat at A+.

#25 NickStevens

NickStevens

HOF

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA but the 757 is home

Posted 21 June 2022 - 03:31 PM

Shots fired by the OTV crew about Cowser last night. A little too much gloating about his performance over the last 20 days. To say there has been no reason for concern is inaccurate. The guy was hitting sub .240 a few weeks ago and still has too high of a K rate and too low of an ISO. All while being a college bat at A+.

The strikeout numbers of fallen at a massive rate and the average is up to .280 over the last month. Why is it so difficult for people to give a guy who is playing in his first full season of pro ball a break and half a season to adjust and learn. Saying he's a college bat in A ball so he should be performing better ignores a lot of important variables and circumstances. 

@NickStevensR on Twitter.
Follow BSL's Orioles Minor League podcast on Twitter @BSLOnTheVerge and follow us on Facebook and Instagram! Just search BSL On The Verge!

#26 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 21 June 2022 - 03:53 PM

Headshot.

#27 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 21 June 2022 - 04:46 PM

As Ive said before, I was on the Cowser train last July. Nothing would please me more than to see you guys really gloat in a few years when he is raking at OPACY. Im not folding my hand here. That said, you guys breifly addressed him 2 or 3 weeks into the season. The numbers other than the walk rate were alarming for 2 months. First time I've heard him discussed in 2 months( I missed last weeks show) is during a hot stretch and its to take to task those expressing concern over the first 2 months. I think thats weak.

#28 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 21 June 2022 - 04:47 PM

We’ll check back in soon. Even before this hot streak he had something like a 120 wRC+. His performance in AA for the second half will be interesting.

#29 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 21 June 2022 - 04:49 PM

And yeah, when you are a high floor college bat taken #5 overall thats supposed to have great contact skills there is a higher expectation. Especially to not strikeout 30% of the time.

#30 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 21 June 2022 - 04:56 PM

We’ll check back in soon. Even before this hot streak he had something like a 120 wRC+. His performance in AA for the second half will be interesting.

We all know its because of the terrific BB rate. Hes obviously going to be challenged in the zone more as he advances. I get its early. I get Aberdeen supresses offense. The first 2 months were bad and concerning. We should all be willing to say that.

#31 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 21 June 2022 - 05:07 PM

I’d say his start was disappointing but didn’t last long enough to be concerning.

Since May 3rd, which was three and a half weeks into the season, he has a 23.5% strikeout rate and 18.7% walk rate - .263 BA, .831 OPS, 134 wRC+, .158 ISO over 166 plate appearances.

Since May 26th it is a 16.5% strikeout rate and 17.6% walk rate - .290 BA, .916 OPS, 152 wRC+, .203 ISO over 85 plate appearances.
  • makoman likes this

#32 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 28 June 2022 - 04:20 PM

Give me some extra Mayo this week, please.

https://baltimorespo...m-june-28-2022/

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#33 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 05:25 PM

Of our top 5 or 6 prospects Hall is ideally my biggest carrot in a deal. The stuff is electric and hopefully other teams that are selling are drooling over that.

#34 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 30 July 2022 - 04:10 PM

See, now you guys can start to gloat a bit.
  • BobPhelan likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=