165 replies to this topic

#101 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 29 October 2022 - 07:02 AM

Yeah I'd absolutely hunt for playoff winners right now if you're in strong position of making it anyways. A team just outside the bubble can't wait 6 weeks for Chase to get back.

Dangle Edwards-Helaire and Moore for Chase? Probably not enough but maybe you can sell Moore as just waiting a trade and then he'll pop and sell Chase's injury on the higher end.
  • Bmore Irish likes this

#102 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 29 October 2022 - 02:45 PM

What are everyone's opinions on trading for Ja'Marr Chase? Potentially league-winning move come playoff time, or too risky?

I'm 7-0 in a 14 team PPR league, redraft. Highest scoring team so far, steadily been in the top 3 scoring since week 1. Other team has a Burrow-Chase stack, but now that Chase is out 4-6 weeks, he's looking for WR help to stay afloat.

My WR room isn't good, but I've felt if I could trade for a stud, it would put me over the top. But for this move, obviously I'll need to weather the next seven weeks to reap any benefits, and that's assuming Chase doesn't have any setbacks.

My team:
QB: Lamar, T. Lawrence
RB: Ekeler, Stevenson, CEH, Gus, K. Herbert, C. Hubbard
WR: Pittman, Bateman, DJ Moore, Pickens, G. Wilson, Wandale Robinson, M. Hardman
TE: Irv Smith

The league is IDP as well, but that doesn't really factor in here.

Bateman and DJ Moore disappointing have tanked my WR room. I'll probably have to trade Pittman to get Chase, and other than that, every player has a price besides Lamar, Ekeler and Stevenson. Pittman's my best WR, but he's been inconsistent in the bum Colts offense. He's pretty valuable in PPR the way he usually racks up targets though.

Worth taking a risk?

The QB change in Indy is likely going to hurt Pittman. I'd try to sell him before his value begins to drop.
  • Bmore Irish likes this

#103 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 31 October 2022 - 07:19 AM

Oof 150 points and probably 3rd highest score in my league this week and I'm most likely looking at a L.  Late in the Houston-Ten game Pierce got a garbage time TD which gave my opponent 6 late points while also losing me 3 points from Tennessee D.  That 9 point swing will most likely be the difference.  Could have used a few more points from Allen last night as well.

#104 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 31 October 2022 - 08:14 AM

Murphy's law, whom ever I start, with Drake/Edwards combo, the bench RB will have a better game day. :)

#105 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 31 October 2022 - 09:41 AM

Oof 150 points and probably 3rd highest score in my league this week and I'm most likely looking at a L. Late in the Houston-Ten game Pierce got a garbage time TD which gave my opponent 6 late points while also losing me 3 points from Tennessee D. That 9 point swing will most likely be the difference. Could have used a few more points from Allen last night as well.

Sorry man. Lots of high scores this week. That’s a really tough one. Who knows, maybe Mixon will find Ubaldo’s pothole on the way into the stadium tonight.

#106 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 31 October 2022 - 10:07 AM

Good week for me! 

Screen-Shot-2022-10-30-at-11-05-18-PM.pn

• Old Man likes this

she/her

#107 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 31 October 2022 - 11:00 AM

Sorry man. Lots of high scores this week. That’s a really tough one. Who knows, maybe Mixon will find Ubaldo’s pothole on the way into the stadium tonight.

Your team continues to crush it, keep it up and you can snag one of the 2 byes for the playoffs!

#108 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 31 October 2022 - 11:05 AM

Your team continues to crush it, keep it up and you can snag one of the 2 byes for the playoffs!

The stars have certainly aligned, just gotta stay healthy really. It’s a long season. 🤞🏼

#109 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 31 October 2022 - 11:44 AM

The stars have certainly aligned, just gotta stay healthy really. It’s a long season.

A ton of luck involved too. Who would have known Ab would have a 40 point yesterday. :)

Lamar did okay, but his recently promoted from backup to starter, racked in the same amount of points. Dont even want to talk about my RBs. lol

#110 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 31 October 2022 - 11:49 AM

A ton of luck involved too. Who would have known Ab would have a 40 point yesterday. :)

Lamar did okay, but his recently promoted from backup to starter, racked in the same amount of points. Dont even want to talk about my RBs. lol

Well, he was playing the Steelers… maybe we should’ve known?
  • Old Man likes this

#111 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 02 November 2022 - 07:31 AM

Mixon did really poorly but was still enough for my opponent to squeak it out.

This week I am a heavy favorite as my opponent is missing several key players due to bye, in fantasy that means my team will probably underperform and I will wind up with a Loss

#112 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 November 2022 - 07:49 AM

Mixon did really poorly but was still enough for my opponent to squeak it out.

This week I am a heavy favorite as my opponent is missing several key players due to bye, in fantasy that means my team will probably underperform and I will wind up with a Loss

I’m in the same boat this week - while all the trades helped a few of my players long term (Edmonds, CMac, Hockenson), it totally jacked up my bye week management plan. Oh well, I figure if I give the guys a good enough pre-game speech Sunday, they may still prevail.

#113 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 09:28 AM

7-1. Scored most points of the season with Mahomes, CEH and JuJu on bye. Pretty stoked.

Very thin at WR though, especially with Aiyuk and Jeudy on bye and I wasn't thrilled about my WR sitch with them playing.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#114 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 15 November 2022 - 01:30 PM

2 games won in a row has me at 6-4.  I'm sure this will jinx my team but I have a decent shot at the playoffs right now.  Really hoppy with that mid round pick of Hopkins.   He's been a huge help to my WR.  On the flip side Taysom Hill has reverted back to a pumpkin and the 49ers refuse to throw the ball to Kittle.  My biggest concern though is Allen.    After carrying my team for weeks he's been a bit more erratic lately.  Hopefully it's just a slump.

#115 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 15 November 2022 - 03:53 PM

Had a down week and headed into last night up 4 points with my opponent having AJ Brown to play...and he got 0 points! I win baby!

9-1!!!

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#116 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 15 November 2022 - 09:00 PM

Working two trade options in my keeper league. I'm the best team, but already very committed to this year at the expense of next so thinking of doubling down.

I've got Allen, Jefferson, Waddle, Cook, McCaffrey, Pitts & Waller at TE and Conner, Pittman & Dobbins as Flex options. Hall on IR.

Option 1: Ekeler for Dobbins + $13 future money.
Option 2: Taylor for Hall
Option 3: Taylor for Conner + $7 future money

Dobbins is a $24 keeper next year. Hall is a $27 keeper. Not a PPR league.

Which do we like better? Taylor would be $56 to keep, Ekeler $62, probably throw both back so not really considering that part.

I'm leaning the Ekeler trade, but I'm torn. If I make the Taylor trade, Ekeler probably goes to my top competition. If I make the Ekeler trade, I don't know if Taylor would be traded. Taylor finally had a big week and has the easier playoff schedule.

#117 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 15 November 2022 - 10:27 PM

Working two trade options in my keeper league. I'm the best team, but already very committed to this year at the expense of next so thinking of doubling down.

I've got Allen, Jefferson, Waddle, Cook, McCaffrey, Pitts & Waller at TE and Conner, Pittman & Dobbins as Flex options. Hall on IR.

Option 1: Ekeler for Dobbins + $13 future money.
Option 2: Taylor for Hall
Option 3: Taylor for Conner + $7 future money

Dobbins is a $24 keeper next year. Hall is a $27 keeper. Not a PPR league.

Which do we like better? Taylor would be $56 to keep, Ekeler $62, probably throw both back so not really considering that part.

I'm leaning the Ekeler trade, but I'm torn. If I make the Taylor trade, Ekeler probably goes to my top competition. If I make the Ekeler trade, I don't know if Taylor would be traded. Taylor finally had a big week and has the easier playoff schedule.

FWIW, Dobbins is the one I’d bank on being back to his old self rather than Hall. Next year would be two years removed from injury for Dobbins, one for Hall. I wouldn’t call scar tissue a re-injury.
  • Mackus likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#118 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 15 November 2022 - 10:32 PM

Agree, but I think Hall may be the better player. Both could be multiple year keepers. It just goes up $10 a year.

Think I'm leaning the Conner option. If one of my top plays at RB/WR gets hurt I'd still have Dobbins as a playoff replacement or could start Pittman or maybe even Toney.

#119 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 10:44 AM

Agree, but I think Hall may be the better player. Both could be multiple year keepers. It just goes up $10 a year.

Think I'm leaning the Conner option. If one of my top plays at RB/WR gets hurt I'd still have Dobbins as a playoff replacement or could start Pittman or maybe even Toney.

To be clear, you'd be getting JT for Connor and 7 bucks?

That's a slam dunk.

#120 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 11:59 AM

Ended up at Taylor and Tucker for Conner and $10.  He pumped me up on the cash but I get to keep my stronger keepers.  Hopefully no injuries as my depth is pretty thin. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=