#42 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,357 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 18 July 2022 - 01:39 PM

I have a couple days in NYC coming up along with a day in New Haven and a couple nights camping in Watkins Glen State Park and a night or two in Philly with some family time mixed into all that.

Our big trip this summer is in next month and will be 11 days in Jasper, Banff, and Glacier national parks. 

Looking like Uganda for next summer.

BTW, I bought this wooden world map (that you put on a wall) for a 5th wedding anniversary gift for Kelly (and myself). It's pretty cool for people that like to travel as you can place the flag pins in each of the countries and states/provinces you've been to. 

Wooden World Maps For Wall Decor • Enjoy The Wood

#43 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,357 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 01:41 PM

Oh and Kelly and I will likely go back to New Orleans next year for the Treme Creole Gumbo Festival, which we loved this past Spring.

#44 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,357 posts

Posted 26 July 2022 - 04:58 PM

Watkins Glen State Park's Gorge Trail may be the most gorgeous hike I've done in the East.

#45 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,357 posts

Posted 17 August 2022 - 01:38 PM

Jasper, Banff, and Glacier national parks are incredibly beautiful and have excellent wildlife viewing. I highly recommend a visit if you're into the great outdoors.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#46 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,754 posts

Posted 03 September 2022 - 07:21 PM

Just got back from a week at OBX. Big beachfront house with 7 families. Had 12 kids all 5 and under there, which actually for us improves the ratio.

Best weather I've ever had for a full week. Not at all relaxing, but very fun.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#47 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 10 October 2022 - 09:43 AM

I got back from Spain over the weekend.

2 days in San Sebastian

1 day in Bilbao

2 days in Valencia

8 days in Mallorca (staying in 3 different places on the island, too)

What a trip. I had, hands down, the best food I've ever eaten on a daily basis. Ate at places ranging from Michelin star restaurants to burger stands. Drank the local beer and wine. All really good. And cheap. Amazing scenery. Amazing people. And I got to use the Spanish I've learned over the last 2.5 years. Lots of it. I'm happy to be home but I'm already excited to go back...even thinking about buying property over there.

To all the people out there who've never pulled the trigger on Europe or Spain for whatever reason, consider going. It's cheap, the flight isn't much longer than flying to Vegas or LA, and many things over there are just...better than anything we have here.

• BSLChrisStoner and mweb08 like this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#48 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 10 October 2022 - 11:47 AM

Leaving in 12 days for 8 days in Clearwater Beach.  Yes it is still there and sustained little damage (My cousin is there now).  Going to the Ravens/Bucs game while we are down there.

• BSLChrisStoner and NewMarketSean like this
@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=